VIP Opt out

Uberisthenewpoor

Uber really pissed me off today by taking my car off Select as it is "too old", so I will be driving for them as little as possible (because it never surges anymore), as a result I told them to remove me from VIP requests as well since I felt that typical VIP passenger didn't fit the profile of a passenger I wanted in my car. They removed it, no more VIP requests! Woohoo!

wynn

I'm a newbie and will now prove it by asking: Why do you not want VIP requests? I've had several but had not thought to do anything different except make sure I'm on my game, as 5 stars may be harder to get from these passengers.

tnkvick

Newbie driver?
Well that makes sense that you are getting the VIP request lol. .

I spoke to a VIP rider one night (only because it was a 2.6x surge) he told me it was cheaper for him than a x ride.

Had anyone checked if you got paid on a VIP same as x?

Uberisthenewpoor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a newbie and will now prove it by asking: Why do you not want VIP requests? I've had several but had not thought to do anything different except make sure I'm on my game, as 5 stars may be harder to get from these passengers.
VIP=Uberx, these riders use uber 10x or more per month, that is all. They are cheap, but have high expectations as they are only given highly rated drivers. Generally highly rated drivers are also select, so they are basically getting free upgrades much of the time. They do not tip and will be more likely to rate you less than 5 stars. At UberX rates I don't need low ratings and higher expectations and no tips. I get more tips from new users and tourists visiting Dallas who are not "vip".

Uberisthenewpoor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What I had also noted, the last two VIP passengers that I accepted, were not ready "curbside" and made me wait. Per uber communications these people are supposed to be helping to create a "seamless experience".
Not in my experience! Buh-bye

Bad uber pro

I tell all my passangers that tell me they were upgraded to VIPs that they were actually downgraded because they will receive less experienced drivers and less drivers with select cars that declined the option. They ask why? I reply " cause VIPs go short, make you wait and don't tip" :smiles:

Uberdummy

Screw VIP. I refuse to take any of them. Scum that are NOT ready make you wait short ride never tip and a crappy rating. Take a bus a cab or walk scumbags.

uberparadise

Uber really pissed me off today by taking my car off Select as it is "too old", so I will be driving for them as little as possible (because it never surges anymore), as a result I told them to remove me from VIP requests as well since I felt that typical VIP passenger didn't fit the profile of a passenger I wanted in my car. They removed it, no more VIP requests! Woohoo!
VIP stand for Very Infruiating Passengers! Another way to control the drivers using psychology! Wow maybe it's a celebrity or Uber management. Not.............. These riders already feel entitled, but now Uber strokes their ego! The result is not fun, most VIP riders are worse than the average rider.

financeguy13

I've stopped accepting almost all VIP pings. I drive XL so don't need X fares. Especially in uptown when pings are plenty. Fort Worth VIP's haven't been quite so irritating though. Love FTW pax, just wish there were higher volume and closer pickups.

Goom

I don't accept VIP (well maybe once a week is my quota). Got a ping once on the same strip parking lot that I let expire. I think he could barely see me creeping away. LOL!!!

financeguy13

How about this VIP? Came through twice around 8:30 PM on July 4th. Went offline for about 5 minutes and then same place and rating but as Uber X.

So think about this 4.61 rated VIP for a moment. Could be his second month and had 1 or 2 low ratings, but gee whiz 4.61 after so many trips! Yeah I can't wait to go pick up this guy. Apparently the several other cars on the map shared my opinion too. Guess they weren't working guarantees or would have accepted.

"I'm a VIP and have a 0.01 higher passenger rating than the minimum driver rating!"

Attachments

grams777

Author

Free of the VIP

I followed this advice and opted out (in Nashville). The last straw was that here they recently forced VIP requests on all profiles - even XL only, etc. They wouldn't remove it from a profile but would remove it completely from the account.

VIP is nothing but a pain. The rides almost always take longer to get to, go short, pay the lowest rate, aren't ready for pickup, and don't tip. And for an encore: In an airport queue if you wait for select or xl, ignoring vips can kick you to the back of the queue.

There might be a few exceptions, but overall it's a driver nightmare especially if they shove vip requests into your select or xl only profiles.