• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Video of Portland police sting

Peter O'

you cant fly under the radar when the suits give you a gazillion dollars and you brag about it

the heroes want there piece of the action

first portland then everywhere

PDX_Uber

So if we get ticketed in PDX who is going to pay that fine? I think we need more reassurance as risking a $1300 fine for $40/hr in fares just doesn't add up.

Peter O'

So if we get ticketed in PDX who is going to pay that fine? I think we need more reassurance as risking a $1300 fine for $40/hr in fares just doesn't add up.
you pay the fine uber pissed of the portland commish and there on the warpath cant hang so therll hang you

pako garcia

But nobody is fooling nobody; we all know that we are doing is illegal and we are aware the damage we are leaving behind the taxi cab industry
So please dont cry
Think in that way: i got a ferrary and im driving in a road posted 60 mph; i accelerate my ferrary to 90mph; unfortunaly police busted me becouse im over speeding; in other words i dont going to brake the law just becouse i can

cheerose

Wait... did I hear them correctly at the end?
If a code officer makes a request, I accept but then never pick them up/ cancel the request... they can still ticket me based on the license plate?
Has this occurred any place else?

Peter O'

kinda like when a undercover cop is propositioned by a hooker

they take about what the ho will do waht is costs

the cop arrests the hooker

the ho never did the cop but the ho still gets thown in jail

if you cant pay the fine then dont do the crime

StephenJBlue

Wait... did I hear them correctly at the end?
If a code officer makes a request, I accept but then never pick them up/ cancel the request... they can still ticket me based on the license plate?
Has this occurred any place else?
I think their plan is to get you on "intent"

Samhain13

The only way the Portland Police is going to stop it is if they start arresting riders. If they're saying the drivers are participating in an illegal activity, wouldn't it be fair to say the riders are too?

....I know, devil's advocate is a @@@@@....

Peter O'

The only way the Portland Police is going to stop it is if they start arresting riders. If they're saying the drivers are participating in an illegal activity, wouldn't it be fair to say the riders are too?

....I know, devil's advocate is a @@@@@....
kinda like sellin dope to dopes

the pushers get collared users run and the guys at the top runnin the thing just get more pushers to take the rap

sweet deal when you think about it

sympathy for the devil is a @@@@@in tune

dcsamurai

This is why I don't pick up in Portland. I will drop off, but then I'm offline until I get back to friendly territory.

PDX_Uber

If you are a driver in Portland , this is the private investigator who was hired to take rides and then divvy out tickets ...her name is Nena Baker and if you see her you might not want to pick her up:

..... link to her picture could go here.....

IF SOMEONE COULD LIKE THIS I COULD POST THE LINK ----- thanks for doing this.. here's the link to her bio page, watch for her (if that might help)

http://www.thebodytoxic.com/bio.html

Last edited: