1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Via 200

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by Zdriver19, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Zdriver19

Zdriver19 Well-Known Member

Anybody driving for via? Is it possible to do 200 rides in 30 days?

2. koyotemohn

koyotemohn Well-Known Member

Easy peasy. It’s what happens after that takes adjustment.

3. Zdriver19

It's a promo they sent me. 200/2000 in 30 days. Problem is I opened via app twice for over 40 minutes in DC and got no pings, so I gave up.

4. dcdriverman

dcdriverman Active Member

I’ve found via to usually be very slow personally. Maybe they got too many drivers w that promo but almost every ride I’ve given hasn’t had anyone added to it. I hate driving during actual rush hour so maybe it’s just that I do mostly nights or random midday, but I hate sitting still not doing anything so I usually end up flipping back to uber if I don’t get requests for a while

5. Bombaclot

Bombaclot Member

I completed VIA’s 100 rides in two weeks for a $1000 promo a while back and they tried to play me (no way not a “rideshare company”) So I went directly to the office and proved them wrong because ain’t nobody got time for emails. The rep said the money would direct deposit the following week. I said that wasn’t acceptable and they wrote me a check instead. I deactivated my account after that. Oh and I never put that big blue magnet on my car. It got tossed as soon as it came in the mail

6. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Is VIA still a thing?

a_Magillacutty likes this.
  7. New2This

New2This Well-Known Member

What's Via? :rolleyes:

a_Magillacutty likes this.
  8. Zdriver19

Ain't nobody has time for that. No via for me then.

9. koyotemohn

Imma do a personalized update on via in the next couple of days.

3.75 likes this.
  10. dcdriverman

dcdriverman Active Member

How did they do that if you don’t mind me asking? Said you didn’t do enough rides?

11. Bombaclot

Bombaclot Member

That’s exactly what happened. I had to go through the app with them trip by trip.

12. koyotemohn

Doing via in the morning for the promo is a legit move to save on gas and walk into some change on tues, though.

13. tdoes

tdoes Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Easy to do.
    To make it easy on yourself you should drive rush hours. Good thing about that is you will get a lot of short trips of about 1.5 miles because of city dwellers going home.

Downside to Via at this time is the multipliers are averaging ×1.3 which is down from average of ×2.2.

Average hourly rate is $23.00 per hour down from $35.00 per hour.

At least you keep 90% of your earnings!

Zdriver19 and koyotemohn like this.
  14. koyotemohn

I legit don’t even drive without a clear offer for a promo. They expanded the zones and the boosts are way lower. But at least they let you know about the promo...BUT that means you have to let go of the private ride offers.

Zdriver19 and 3.75 like this.
  15. tdoes

tdoes Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yep.

16. UserPablo

UserPablo Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I got the
    Same
    Promo

17. nutzareus

nutzareus Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Lyft is Uber in pink tutu (per New2ThisNew2This)

Via is Uber sucking on a blue pacifier

They’re all shady companies.

18. tdoes

tdoes Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't drive Lyft. When I turn on the Uber app I frown up then eventually turn it off. (dealt with them for two years). When I turn on VIA app and I see a scam in progress I contact them to complain and they eventually respond back and try to make it right! (The only company young enough that drivers might be able to force favorable issues for them to comply to. We just have to be proactive that they don't completely turn into Uber!)

Fritz Duval and koyotemohn like this.
  19. koyotemohn

It’s the summer and all 3 apps remain on. I lit a via cs up when I was online for one of their promos and I missed it by one ride and I got paid 30 dollars for 4 hours instead of 90 gross. I’m trying to play nice and not post the exchange but my salt level is rising.

20. tdoes

tdoes Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Post that ish to them!

I missed last weeks Sunday super promo where I couldn't get the last three rides needed for two hours so I tapped out! I was good to triple my money with that promotion because I was getting a lot of short trips like I wanted. Had one request show up then disappear in approx. two seconds, then two other request suddenly cancel. Another trip wanted a rider at Union Station to be picked up on H St at the Walmart so I arranged to pick her up at the normal pickup location at the post office on Mass. and North Capitol but the app wouldn't allow me to pick her up at that location. This was her first time using Via so it might have been user error but I doubt it! This never happened before and people were out and about all day! I let them know about this bull-ish!

I believe they are testing some Uber tactics.

We have to stay on their ass to try and keep them straight!

koyotemohn likes this.