Very slow in the suburbs

Alextb10

Hey guys first time posting in here.
I don't drive full time usually 10 to 20 hours a week but lately I feel like it's been really slow.
Now I live in richmond hill and I know it's really not that great compared to toronto in terms of riders but I remember it would take me 5 mins or even less to get a ping but these days I feel like no matter where I am or how long I wait I won't get anything or even if I get a ping it's like 15 mins away .
Now I've only been driving for a few month and I was wondering if it's usually this slow during august ? Or maybe there's just too many drivers on the road these days ?

NFIH

Hey guys first time posting in here.
I don't drive full time usually 10 to 20 hours a week but lately I feel like it's been really slow.
Now I live in richmond hill and I know it's really not that great compared to toronto in terms of riders but I remember it would take me 5 mins or even less to get a ping but these days I feel like no matter where I am or how long I wait I won't get anything or even if I get a ping it's like 15 mins away .
Now I've only been driving for a few month and I was wondering if it's usually this slow during august ? Or maybe there's just too many drivers on the road these days ?
You have to keep in mind that business actuvity has slowed in general, one because it's summer and people are on holiday, and two, the economy isn't that great which may mean more drivers on the road (and potentially less riders as they try to cut costs). I would expect some sort of pickup come September.

Alextb10

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You have to keep in mind that business actuvity has slowed in general, one because it's summer and people are on holiday, and two, the economy isn't that great which may mean more drivers on the road (and potentially less riders as they try to cut costs). I would expect some sort of pickup come September.
That's very true I hope it does pick up in September. Tonight I was online for over an hour and didn't get a single ping so I went home .

phoolio11

Slow all weekend, north south east and west.
Huge sudden influx of drivers.
I imagine all the drivers about to get booted with older than 2008 car are on the road for one last gasp to try and make some $$.
Olympics, vacations and no real events are other contributors.
Should pick up while Jay's are in town too.

uberpoolfool

I'm still making the same amount of dough in the 905 with my 08 beater as before the regs kicked in. The only difference is more dead km from drop offs downtown Toronto but thats ok because the trips are usually longer

Alextb10

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm still making the same amount of dough in the 905 with my 08 beater as before the regs kicked in. The only difference is more dead km from drop offs downtown Toronto but thats ok because the trips are usually longer
Well you are lucky I would say . It's been really slow for me and the only pings I get are like 12 mins away and whenever I do end up in mississauga or Brampton then I'm done for the rest of the day because of how slow it is.