• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Very Helpful tax video for uber drivers

METRO3

I found a very helpful video to help those of you who want to save some money by doing your own taxes. Its specifically geared towards doing taxes as an uber driver and she answers a lot of questions you guys might have as an uber driver. I think i'll give it a go myself come march. I know its a bit soon to talk about taxes but its really helpful to watch the video and learn how it all works and how much you could possibly owe.

Merry Christmas

Juanie

Where did u get that I didn't pay taxes?
From that thread you posted asking how to do hst calculations. If you did your taxes last year you should already know how right?

Where did u get that I didn't pay taxes?
This one. You also keep asking people to post their average wage minus the hst so I was wondering if you minus the hst because you aren’t paying it out.

Attachments

METRO3

From that thread you posted asking how to do hst calculations. If you did your taxes last year you should already know how right?

This one. You also keep asking people to post their average wage minus the hst so I was wondering if you minus the hst because you aren’t paying it out.
Ohhhhhh my father did all my taxes b4. I wanted to try and do them myself this new year hence the question about expensing your car

Juanie

I do my own taxes. It’s cheaper that way, and I know what is going with my own finances.
What does being cheap have to do with knowing your own finances? One would choose to have a professional do them to limit mistakes and to know details to keep more money in your wallet.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
What does being cheap have to do with knowing your own finances? One would choose to have a professional do them to limit mistakes and to know details to keep more money in your wallet.
You have a better grasp of the details if you crunch the numbers yourself. It is not that difficult. Doing your taxes is not sending rockets to Mars or Building a house, you do not need professionals to calculate your mileage, take off depreciation of your car and deduct your expenses from HST!

Juanie

You have a better grasp of the details if you crunch the numbers yourself. It is not that difficult. Doing your taxes is not sending rockets to Mars or Building a house, you do not need professionals to calculate your mileage, take off depreciation of your car and deduct your expenses from HST!
Enjoy that audit!

PatrickDubs

I found a very helpful video to help those of you who want to save some money by doing your own taxes. Its specifically geared towards doing taxes as an uber driver and she answers a lot of questions you guys might have as an uber driver. I think i'll give it a go myself come march. I know its a bit soon to talk about taxes but its really helpful to watch the video and learn how it all works and how much you could possibly owe.

Merry Christmas

$60 per return for the software. I can hire a dude for that price to do my taxes for me! I might just file a paper return tbh...anyone know how difficult that would be to do the last 6 years via paper?

dmoney155

$60 per return for the software. I can hire a dude for that price to do my taxes for me! I might just file a paper return tbh...anyone know how difficult that would be to do the last 6 years via paper?
Not difficult, just takes long time... I was about 5 years behind before I started ride share... took me a bit of time to get it all up to date.

PatrickDubs

Not difficult, just takes long time... I was about 5 years behind before I started ride share... took me a bit of time to get it all up to date.
I would have to request unique forms for each year though, no? seems like a big task...I do have all my past years organized already, just I need to organize my files for last year, then Im good to go...

dmoney155

I would have to request unique forms for each year though, no? seems like a big task...I do have all my past years organized already, just I need to organize my files for last year, then Im good to go...
Download fillable pdfs from CRA website. Fill em out online. Print, mail. (I like hard copies, I guess old habits die hard)

PatrickDubs

Download fillable pdfs from CRA website. Fill em out online. Print, mail. (I like hard copies, I guess old habits die hard)
guess I never thought of that lol..thanks for the tips. also one more question, this is for everyone here including you...I still cannot wrap my head around having to get a HST number and claiming in my taxes, when it says on the CRA website (I just checked myself) that only if you make more than $30,000 per calendar quarter...also, we aren't techincally collecting GST/HST when you think about it...we only get rates minus uber fee, and same for SKip the Dishes and Door Dash..no GST/HST collected whatsoever (correction..Skip the Dishes, we do collect a small amount for cash orders, but that literally only equals to about $5 per week or less, and it automatically gets deducated from our pay at the end of the week anyway)...with Uber and DoorDash, we only receive delivery and tip and its all done automatically thru the app (Im a food courier only, no ridesharing for me)...

leap_year

how do you guys get all the details of your trip into excel?

is there a way to download from the partner portal

when i first started, i logged every trip into excel but i stopped doing that in November