Very few Uber drivers in my city

kcchiefsfan1982

So, bars are back in business...friday and saturday nights hoppin.

But, there are so few drivers that I am getting a lot of customer request that are 12, 15 & 20 minutes away from me!

So, now my acceptance rate is REALLY low.

So, I started doing something....of course I decline the long rides, but on the short rides, if it is a guy's name, I cancel the ride. I only accept rides from females right now, while Uber cannot really fire anyone due to bad acceptance rate. (maybe they will get me for declining accepted rides, we shall see)

CJfrom619

?? I don’t get it? Im confused? Why would you want to take only females instead of males?? Females are a pain in the ass compared to male drivers. Please explain your strategy? I heard you talk about your acceptance rate but I’m sure you understand that your AR doesn’t matter.

kcchiefsfan1982

?? I don’t get it? Im confused? Why would you want to take only females instead of males?? Females are a pain in the ass compared to male drivers. Please explain your strategy? I heard you talk about your acceptance rate but I’m sure you understand that your AR doesn’t matter.

My acceptance rate use to matter to me when I was going for diamond!! :smiles:

Well, I can tell you that Friday night...me taking females only ended up mattering. I have done just over 1,000 lifetime rides...and Friday night was a first. I'll leave it at that.

Trafficat

He's talking cancellation rate, which might matter. He accepts the ride to see the details, then cancels.

As for male versus female, I think female passengers put you at a greater risk for getting false complaints that will be taken more seriously, but male passengers put you at a greater risk for being murdered, assaulted, or caught up in some criminal/gang activity through no fault of your own.

A full car of sorority girls is usually fun, a full car of frat boys is usually awful.

However, if you are picking up people to "go out" rather than to "go home" picking up guys can result in more profitable rides to the strip clubs and brothels.

Well, I can tell you that Friday night...me taking females only ended up mattering. I have done just over 1,000 lifetime rides...and Friday night was a first. I'll leave it at that.

Oh yes, and there is that factor too, I suppose.

ANT 7

I'm going out to get a haircut in half an hour and then I think I'll try out the facial recognition software and do 2-3 rides (if they are to be found that is)........haven't done a trip since mid March and I wonder if the algo would recognize me today with my Corona hair :roflmao:

I've been checking the rider app and it's pretty much 7-15 minutes anywhere for an Uber X........when it should be half that.....so. Been out driving around the last few days doing errands and have seen very few Ubers on the road, and the ones that I did, were all without pax.
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

CJfrom619

My acceptance rate use to matter to me when I was going for diamond!! :smiles:

Okayyy now I see what angle your playing and I absolutely respect it. Your odds will definitely be higher by playing the game that way. Good luck.

Mole

So, bars are back in business...friday and saturday nights hoppin.

But, there are so few drivers that I am getting a lot of customer request that are 12, 15 & 20 minutes away from me!

So, now my acceptance rate is REALLY low.

So, I started doing something....of course I decline the long rides, but on the short rides, if it is a guy's name, I cancel the ride. I only accept rides from females right now, while Uber cannot really fire anyone due to bad acceptance rate. (maybe they will get me for declining accepted rides, we shall see)
I have had 5 airport request runs today from $55 to $90 each I did not take any of them but I was amazed how many people are flying again.

mbd

I have had 5 airport request runs today from $55 to $90 each I did not take any of them but I was amazed how many people are flying again.
300,000 Avg per day last 7 days , avg last year 2.3 million last 7 days
Last month this time, avg about 150,000 per day. So it has doubled. :smiles: