very Exciting news, $21/hr

UberIsAllFubared

That reminds me gotta watch that movie.
Post automatically merged:

The fine print says 21 before expenses.

I will admit 21 an hr guaranteed atleast ain't bad. Consider this. Go up the ramp at lax for half hour. I think 20 mins currently paid make like 4 bucks. 20 cents a min I think and 1st 10 is unpaid.

New way. Half hr means 10.5 bucks already made.

Come on dude, you have seen all the earnings screen shots I have posted. $21 an hour is chump change. Exactly why I am down to one day a week doing this job. I won't do it for that.

WEY00L

So, you don't have time to read something that could impact your future, and you're going to let others decide for you. OK. So maybe you should go back to the kids table and let the grown-ups talk.
OK...hop down off your soap box.
I am not going to waste my time to read and understand something that is going to change multiple times if and when enacted.
I have no interest in the legal mumbo jumbo.
My interest is in how will it impact me.
I asked for your so called grown up opinion but all I got was a childish attack.

Subjugator

All I'm saying is now we would make 21 atleast. And again they even stated before expenses. I know we all can push to go above 21 an hr before expenses but that's my point here when we go pick up at lax and sit in half hr traffic or longer we can make 21 an hr. ND THEN AFTER PICK UP. MAKE A LOT MORE. Remember it's not guaranteed 21 a ride. It's just 21 an hr. Guaranteed.

UberIsAllFubared

All I'm saying is now we would make 21 atleast. And again they even stated before expenses. I know we all can push to go above 21 an hr before expenses but that's my point here when we go pick up at lax and sit in half hr traffic or longer we can make 21 an hr. ND THEN AFTER PICK UP. MAKE A LOT MORE. Remember it's not guaranteed 21 a ride. It's just 21 an hr. Guaranteed.

So hows it going to work. Is that an average? So that grind of the terminals will be evened out on that long ride with no traffic to OC. Trust and believe, it will wind up being shit money.

Subjugator

So hows it going to work. Is that an average? So that grind of the terminals will be evened out on that long ride with no traffic to OC. Trust and believe, it will wind up being shit money.
Ok look let's say bad traffic 1st hr up the ramp 21 bucks an hr guaranteed. Second hr. Ur driving 60 miles make like let's say. 45 bucks at current rates.

U made 66 in 2 hrs.drive back deadmiling an hr. Ur looking at overall 22 an hr for 3 hrs spent.

U make about 10 bucks more this way.

Subjugator

I will admit all they had to do was increase our rates to old rates and we would be back to making same average in my example. But hey if they want to keep dropping rates. 21 an hr doing streets ain't bad either.

I think overall biggest annoyance is the mileage needs to be covered for deadmiles too. I think it would be covered that way if we were employees

WEY00L

What misinformation? Have either of these two companies ever given you any inkling that they are reputable? They won't be compensating you on the true cost of doing this job, I guarantee it. Drivers will not be making $21 BEFORE true expenses. I stand by my previous statement. If these companies had a history of being good corporate partners, my statement could be argued, but they are the opposite of a good corporate partner. They are shady at every turn, and only care about themselves.
$21 per hour Including expenses means it is $21 per hour AFTER expenses.....NOT BEFORE.
You can stand by your statement all you want...ignorance is bliss.

I am with you that these companies are shady and have a very poor reputation and I will not be signing the petition or advocate anyone to sign it.
That being said it seems like a step in the right direction for a regulatory agency to put some real teeth into a ride share bill of rights with real numbers and real enforcement.

Subjugator

$21 per hour Including expenses means it is $21 per hour AFTER expenses.....NOT BEFORE.
You can stand by your statement all you want...ignorance is bliss.

I am with you that these companies are shady and have a very poor reputation and I will not be signing the petition or advocate anyone to sign it.
That being said it seems like a step in the right direction for a regulatory agency to put some real teeth into a ride share bill of rights with real numbers and real enforcement.

Not true. Atleast the way I'm reading it. It says 21 before expenses. If it was after. Then they would of states something like. We will pay. 21 hourly. Plus miles of federal min guaranteed including deadmiles.

WEY00L

Not true. Atleast the way I'm reading it. It says 21 before expenses. If it was after. Then they would of states something like. We will pay. 21 hourly. Plus miles of federal min guaranteed including deadmiles.
Reading comprehension:
If you make $30 BEFORE expenses and your expenses are $9 then it would be $21 per hour INCLUDING expenses.
That is how the poorly written sentence reads.

Subjugator

Reading comprehension:
If you make $30 BEFORE expenses and your expenses are $9 then it would be $21 per hour INCLUDING expenses.
That is how the poorly written sentence reads.
It also states the 21 bucks is covering expenses.

Meaning they will give 21 an hour and you pay for gas let's say made 20 bucks but spent 3.5 on gas, you will end up getting 21. You will then have to use that money to spend 3.50 for the gas.

There for. 21 before expenses.

"Ensuring you earn a minimum of approximately $21 per hour when driving with a passenger or going to pick them up, including costs for average expenses"

Yes that sentence is poorly written. To me they saying they will pay me 21 an hour. This will cover my expenses plus whatever left over is mine to keep from the 21.

WEY00L

It also states the 21 bucks is covering expenses.

Meaning they will give 21 an hour and you pay for gas let's say made 20 bucks but spent 3.5 on gas, you will end up getting 21. You will then have to use that money to spend 3.50 for the gas.

There for. 21 before expenses.

"Ensuring you earn a minimum of approximately $21 per hour when driving with a passenger or going to pick them up, including costs for average expenses"

Yes that sentence is poorly written. To me they saying they will pay me 21 an hour. This will cover my expenses plus whatever left over is mine to keep from the 21.
If that were true they would just leave out the "including costs for average expenses"

If you remove that phrase your interpretation would be correct:
Ensuring you earn a minimum of approximately $21 per hour when driving with a passenger or going to pick them up, while always preserving your ability to make more.
Making no mention of expenses implies the driver will pay them from the $21 before expenses.

That being said the e-mail was just a broad stroke proposal and U/L could very easily claim that that is not what they meant.
It is possible they wrote the sentence very poorly on purpose.

Subjugator

If that were true they would just leave out the "including costs for average expenses"

If you remove that phrase your interpretation would be correct:
Ensuring you earn a minimum of approximately $21 per hour when driving with a passenger or going to pick them up, while always preserving your ability to make more.
Making no mention of expenses implies the driver will pay them from the $21 before expenses.

That being said the e-mail was just a broad stroke proposal and U/L could very easily claim that that is not what they meant.
It is possible they wrote the sentence very poorly on purpose.
Its guaranteed that it was written like this so they wouldn't cover our expenses in the way we want them to.

But reading the way they wrote it, it sounds very possible that they will make sure we get atleast 21 an hr. But again it includes expenses in the way I think it means.

No matter how u look at expenses reimbursed. Even now we could say. They give us the 12 an hr. And the 60 a mile is expense reimbursement. That 60 cents is what is supposed to cover our vehicle stuff. Most of us however take that 60 a mile and use it for spending on things outside vehicle related costs