• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Very convenient glitch for Uber

ZenUber

I show up for an X request, and it’s 5 college girls. I tell them I can’t take 5 so the girl say, how about if we cancel the ride and order an XL. So they get out and order an XL, but on a different phone. So the timer is still running on the X ride. The girl says the XL ride went to a different driver. Obviously, because they still have my car tied up on another account. At least they are out of my car and not my problem. So I sit and wait for the timer to count down so I can get the cancel fee.

When there’s about 30 seconds left, I suddenly get another ride request. I don’t know how this is even possible. There shouldn’t be a ride request when the previos wait timer is still running. It’s too soon to get a stacked ping. Anyway, I like the numbers, so I accept the request. At that point I expected it to go back to the timer, but it didn’t. It went straight to the new ride. The previous ride disappeared. After the new ride was over, I went back and checked. It said “rider canceled” and I did not get a cancel fee.

At first I thought, this must be some kind of new scam. But the events just didn’t make sense. So I called driver support. At first they told me it wasn’t eligible for the fee because it didn’t meet the minimum two minute requirement. I explained to them that it was way past the two minutes, and the mysterious series of events. They said it must have been a glitch in the system, and they will give me the cancel fee, and send me some instructions on how to clear out the app.

Anybody else experience this?

Galveston

I show up for an X request, and it’s 5 college girls. I tell them I can’t take 5 so the girl say, how about if we cancel the ride and order an XL. So they get out and order an XL, but on a different phone. So the timer is still running on the X ride. The girl says the XL ride went to a different driver. Obviously, because they still have my car tied up on another account. At least they are out of my car and not my problem. So I sit and wait for the timer to count down so I can get the cancel fee.

When there’s about 30 seconds left, I suddenly get another ride request. I don’t know how this is even possible. There shouldn’t be a ride request when the previos wait timer is still running. It’s too soon to get a stacked ping. Anyway, I like the numbers, so I accept the request. At that point I expected it to go back to the timer, but it didn’t. It went straight to the new ride. The previous ride disappeared. After the new ride was over, I went back and checked. It said “rider canceled” and I did not get a cancel fee.

At first I thought, this must be some kind of new scam. But the events just didn’t make sense. So I called driver support. At first they told me it wasn’t eligible for the fee because it didn’t meet the minimum two minute requirement. I explained to them that it was way past the two minutes, and the mysterious series of events. They said it must have been a glitch in the system, and they will give me the cancel fee, and send me some instructions on how to clear out the app.

You should cancel saying too many riders

Pax Collector

I haven't experienced this but what matters is.....

Wait for it......

Wait for it........

You got your cancellation fee!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ZenUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Uber and Lyft screw a million drivers just a few bucks each day .. they make a small fortune.
Yep. I think there's over a million drivers. If this happens to every driver, until they call in and complain. That's a lot of money.
Post automatically merged:

key words . 5 girls only 4 seats . hmmm ..... ????? hmmm ???
there are actually 5 seats . the best looking 1 can sit on your lap ? lol im a dirty dog . you did the correct thing but it sucked .
Oh kingcorey321, there you go again.

Bug? If they do this a million times, they have saved 5 million.

These are silicon valley scumbags. Don't put anything beneath them.
My other question is - did the pax get charged the cancel fee?

everydayimubering

But if you don't wait out the timer you won't get paid.

Regardless of the reason
Actually, not always true. If you're on the way to pickup point and rider cancels - you get paid regardless of the minutes, but if you just started moving towards pickup when they canceled - you don't get paid. Also, canceling upon arrival may still qualify for a fee - depending upon the reason for cancellation. I once got paid for refusing to take unaccompanied minors, for example.

ariel5466

Actually, not always true. If you're on the way to pickup point and rider cancels - you get paid regardless of the minutes, but if you just started moving towards pickup when they canceled - you don't get paid. Also, canceling upon arrival may still qualify for a fee - depending upon the reason for cancellation. I once got paid for refusing to take unaccompanied minors, for example.
If they cancel 2 minutes or more after you receive the request you're supposed to get the cancelation fee.

You can get the cancelation fee for too many riders, too much cargo, unaccompanied minors, no car seat, etc once you arrive but if you want to avoid the hassle of calling Rohit you're gonna need to wait the 5.

mikes424

One thing I would like to see is this. Using Zenuber case as an example. If your vehicle is approved for XL and you get a X ride with 5 pax should have an option to upgrade the ride from X to XL. And if 3 pax request pool they should have the ability to change from pool to X.

ZenUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One thing I would like to see is this. Using Zenuber case as an example. If your vehicle is approved for XL and you get a X ride with 5 pax should have an option to upgrade the ride from X to XL. And if 3 pax request pool they should have the ability to change from pool to X.
That's a great idea. I know the driver can upgrade after the ride by calling or messaging uber. But who wants to take the time, and then have to check on it to see if you actually got the money. It would be much better to put it in the hands of the pax and change it before the ride.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen because uber is making money on the cancellations, and then the pax has to order another ride anyway. It's more profitable for uber to leave it the way it is. Gotta love capitalism.

everydayimubering

If they cancel 2 minutes or more after you receive the request you're supposed to get the cancelation fee.
You're right, but I have been denied payment while I was on my way but didn't go too far being stuck over 5 mins in traffic 'cos my exit was closed due to construction - so the rider canceled after 5 mins. At other times, rider canceled in less than 2 mins - but I had almost arrived at pickup point, and I got paid.