• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Version 4.1716 Anyone have this version (New Driver App ???)

Uber_Ray

No matter what I do, after I reinstall the Google Play version 3.1716, The second time I open the Uber Driver App,m it auto updates to the new version of 4.1716 ( blue background ). It looks like the new Driver App but standard Uber Support stated they were not releasing this for 3 months in South Florida.

I cannot get Uber Support to listen, even though I have sent them screenshots. This version of the App is terrible in this state. DF begins giving you turn by turn directions, nowhere to mute it. Instant Pay is not available to my account under this version. No Military Affiliation is displayed. InBox is always populated and no way to delete no longer needed info.

Any comments?

911 Guy

No matter what I do, after I reinstall the Google Play version 3.1716, The second time I open the Uber Driver App,m it auto updates to the new version of 4.1716 ( blue background ). It looks like the new Driver App but standard Uber Support stated they were not releasing this for 3 months in South Florida.

I cannot get Uber Support to listen, even though I have sent them screenshots. This version of the App is terrible in this state. DF begins giving you turn by turn directions, nowhere to mute it. Instant Pay is not available to my account under this version. No Military Affiliation is displayed. InBox is always populated and no way to delete no longer needed info.

Any comments?
I have version 4.176.10006. No idea of my Google Play version or why it would relate.

Curious where to look to see which version I'm using?
Account, About.

Uber_Ray

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
FYI

To get back to the 3.176.10006 version that is the current release from Google Play on an ANDROID PHONE, goto APPS and CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE. This will restore the old version and you will need to sign-in to your Uber App and reselect your navigation settings. Everything else will repopulate.

Stav53

Being push -update the new version 4.100.10012 on iPhone. At first it looks weird but with time I realized that most of the features I’m using are there albeit hidden under few layers of software. In other words you need to dig and adapt. It seems to be a bit faster on my iPad mini and although I’ m still in evaluation phase i think we’ll get used to this new version