• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

[Version 2] My Uber Income 2017-2018: GST, tax, BAS, Logbook, Expenses and Income spreadsheet

ricdam

(quick note to the mods: I have removed all the references that were against the forum rules)

2017-2018 financial year is here so I would like to share the new version of the My Uber Income spreadsheet:

[CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF "MY UBER INCOME" SPREADSHEET]

This spreadsheet gives you information in real time about GST, tax, BAS, logbook, expenses, income and averages. It makes easy to lodge your own BAS and tax return, and control your income and expenses.

This new version has many improvements. Some of them are:
- 2 methods to track your Income: Weekly or Monthly
- 3 methods to manage your Logbook
- Expenses tab reformulated
- See dead kms using "On trip mileage"
- New "Expenses" chart
- Booking fee, Tax on Fee and Cancellation fee added
- Simpler BAS method
- Quick links
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Bug and formula fixes

Important notes:
1 - Read the Tutorial and FAQ in the "Information" tab before using the spreadsheet and before making questions.
2 - The numbers in the Example Spreadsheet are random numbers, but are based on my own numbers and reflect the market in Sydney where I drive.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, feedback and contributions over the past year :smiles:

Disclaimer: tax related issues should be directed to a qualified account or the ATO.

Screenshots:
1 - Summary1.jpg 2 - Summary2.jpg 3 - Income.jpg 4 - Expenses.jpg 5 - Logbook.jpg

Last edited:

SmileySyed

Have not seen the second version yet but your first version was thoughtful. Vouch for you. Where is the link for paypal? Would you like to include that here pls?

Cheers bro, keep up the good work.

PS. There is a fee when riders split fare (Rider fee) it was added like booking fee and then deducted in the statement. Does it have any implication on tax?

Bronybax

(quick note to the mods: I have removed all the references that were against the forum rules)

2017-2018 financial year is here so I would like to share the new version of the My Uber Income spreadsheet:

[Click here to download the example spreadsheet]

This spreadsheet gives you information in real time about GST, tax, BAS, logbook, expenses, income and averages. It makes easy to lodge your own BAS and tax return, and control your income and expenses.

- New "Expenses" chart
- Simpler BAS method
- Quick links
- Bug and formula fixes

Important notes:
1 - Read the Tutorial and FAQ in the "Information" tab before using the spreadsheet and before making questions.
2 - The numbers in the Example Spreadsheet are random numbers, but are based on my own numbers and reflect the market in Sydney where I drive.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, feedback and contributions over the past year :smiles:

Disclaimer: tax related issues should be directed to a qualified account or the ATO.

Screenshots:
View attachment 146000 View attachment 146001 View attachment 146002 View attachment 146003 View attachment 146004
Thanks so much for this update, it great

[Click here to download the example spreadsheet]

- New "Expenses" chart
- Simpler BAS method
- Quick links
- Bug and formula fixes

Important notes:

Screenshots:
View attachment 146000 View attachment 146001 View attachment 146002 View attachment 146003 View attachment 146004
thanks heaps for this update! I have been using your old spread sheet since I started and now look for to using this! Donation on its way! Cheers

Mazdaman

Still waiting for my DAC application to be approved before I start Ubering as a driver and have been reading the forums to try and be as well informed as possible before I start. Ricdam your spreadsheet is an excellent resource and certainly looks like it will save me a lot of time come BAS time. A donation will be coming your way as soon as I start using it. Thanks mate

Zeafer

As a new-ish driver, I really appreciate this spreadsheet being available. Thank you!

One question - what's the protection password? A couple of my own calculations are slightly different to yours and I was hoping to see the formulas you use, but many of them are in protected fields.

NeilWhite

Bloody hell.... Could you have possibly made this any more complicated?? I doubt it.
I go to the accountant he does everything for $159
Why would anyone stuff around with this yourself is beyond me!

Bronybax

Bloody hell.... Could you have possibly made this any more complicated?? I doubt it.
I go to the accountant he does everything for $159
Why would anyone stuff around with this yourself is beyond me!
Well Neil I have used this for my uber income for over a year and it cost me nothing to do my bas. It’s very simple actually. Just enter a few numbers and it’s all done for me. Ricdam has spent many hours of his time to put this together and has helped many drivers save money and it’s given them great clarity on what they are really earning!! It has saved me many $$$ and I personally think it was admirable of Ricdam to give of his own time so many drivers could benefit!!

clintz

very excellent work, but way too much information for the tax office, and for personal use but some people like it all it all displayed.

plus you have only showed in the screenshots the GST owing, not the claimbacks, whcih should be 70-90% resulting ina total, $100-$200 owing per quarter.

Zeafer

Hello again,

any chance of an unprotected version so I can check/edit the formulas? Also, I need to update the spreadsheet for the new 22%/27.5% GST Inclusive Uber Commissions...

Thanks!

iClick

So, how do I use this if I'm on a Mac? Can I pay another way and get a version thats compatible. I can open excel files OK. Thanks in advance.

ricdam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, how do I use this if I'm on a Mac? Can I pay another way and get a version thats compatible. I can open excel files OK. Thanks in advance.
The new update doesn't work with Mac computers due to technical reasons and restrictions from the Mac operating system.

As a workaround, Mac users could install bootcamp + Windows or run a virtual machine with Windows and Excel to view the file.

kooljp

Quick question, can I view and update the Excel file on my portable laptop and my Home PC, or would I have to purchase two licences?

kooljp

Big thanks to the developer of this App. I've been using the spreadsheet and it's great, amazing support and I highly recommend!
It's fairly simple if you follow the instructions and will save you so much time! Just what I was looking for without having to see an accountant...
Cheers
JP

Homebrand Taxi

Thanks so much. You perform a helpful service for drivers and deserve a donation and recognition for this.

very excellent work, but way too much information for the tax office, and for personal use but some people like it all it all displayed.

plus you have only showed in the screenshots the GST owing, not the claimbacks, whcih should be 70-90% resulting ina total, $100-$200 owing per quarter.
Just edit it to suit your needs is my advice.

ouiff

This is awesome. I'm new to Uber and was trying to work this out myself, maybe I would have got there in the end but just save yourself the time and pay the very reasonable price for this. The time saving using this vs trying to work it all out yourself is well worth it. I wish I had found this at the start of the day I was working on my first BAS rather than 8 hours or trying myself and researching.