• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

[Version 2] My Uber Income 2017-2018: GST, tax, BAS, Logbook, Expenses and Income spreadsheet

ricdam

(quick note to the mods: I have removed all the references that were against the forum rules)

2017-2018 financial year is here so I would like to share the new version of the My Uber Income spreadsheet:

[CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF "MY UBER INCOME" SPREADSHEET]

This spreadsheet gives you information in real time about GST, tax, BAS, logbook, expenses, income and averages. It makes easy to lodge your own BAS and tax return, and control your income and expenses.

This new version has many improvements. Some of them are:
- 2 methods to track your Income: Weekly or Monthly
- 3 methods to manage your Logbook
- Expenses tab reformulated
- See dead kms using "On trip mileage"
- New "Expenses" chart
- Booking fee, Tax on Fee and Cancellation fee added
- Simpler BAS method
- Quick links
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Bug and formula fixes

Important notes:
1 - Read the Tutorial and FAQ in the "Information" tab before using the spreadsheet and before making questions.
2 - The numbers in the Example Spreadsheet are random numbers, but are based on my own numbers and reflect the market in Sydney where I drive.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, feedback and contributions over the past year :smiles:

Disclaimer: tax related issues should be directed to a qualified account or the ATO.

Screenshots:
1 - Summary1.jpg 2 - Summary2.jpg 3 - Income.jpg 4 - Expenses.jpg 5 - Logbook.jpg

Last edited:

Satsii

Hey mate,

Downloaded your spreadsheet, thank you for uploading it, really appreciate it. Will make you a donation once I get paid tomorrow :smiles:

One thing I would like to suggest, could you put an option in if you have a HECS debt? My tax obligations will be a bit higher due to the HECS debt I have so it would be nice if there was a drop down to say if you have HECS/HELP debt so that is automatically updates your tax liability.

Thanks again

Tili

Sorry to have to ask what is probably a really stupid question but where do you get the figure for the weekly fare from? The weekly summary from Uber shows the earnings after they've taken their cut. Your spreadsheet needs the total earnings before Ubers fees are taken. The only way I can get the required total is to go through and add up all the individual trips manually. Is there another way that I'm missing?

Sorry to have to ask what is probably a really stupid question but where do you get the figure for the weekly fare from? The weekly summary from Uber shows the earnings after they've taken their cut. Your spreadsheet needs the total earnings before Ubers fees are taken. The only way I can get the required total is to go through and add up all the individual trips manually. Is there another way that I'm missing?
To see full fare details you have to go to your account (sign in as a driver in the following link)
https://www.uber.com/en-AU/sign-in

twpak

Thank you ricdam for making the spreadsheet. Had a question about filing in the expenses section of the spreadsheet. Should I include the tolls here as well or are tolls accounted from the income tab?

Confused because often my tolls are much higher than what I see on the Uber monthly summary due to taking toll roads while on my way to the CBD while online on Uber.

If it is accounted for then should I be editing the income tab and include the total amount for the tolls I paid even for those not reimbursed by Uber?

Waingro

Hey mate,

Downloaded your spreadsheet, thank you for uploading it, really appreciate it. Will make you a donation once I get paid tomorrow :smiles:

One thing I would like to suggest, could you put an option in if you have a HECS debt? My tax obligations will be a bit higher due to the HECS debt I have so it would be nice if there was a drop down to say if you have HECS/HELP debt so that is automatically updates your tax liability.

Thanks again
I have had 2 PAX in car with the same position as you and they are not driving because it lifts them into the HECS area of payback... cheers.

dms

If the week starts in one quarter but ends in the other quarter, which quarter do you put that week to, or do you have to split it up.

Where to Mister?

If the week starts in one quarter but ends in the other quarter, which quarter do you put that week to, or do you have to split it up.
You put it all in the quarter that the money was paid to you.
Just like income tax, if you worked for the fortnight before and were paid on 1st July, all the income is counted for the financial year that begins on the 1st July, regardless of when you worked.

stuartp84

I will have to use this now since Partner People are no more :frown:

Question, with the log book.

Since I only drive on Saturdays, and I drive to the train station on week days do I need to log that each day?

Or do I only log it when I work for Uber

Where to Mister?

How do i make the sheet enter the correct date.
Example I enter 05/10/2017, it makes it 10/05/2017
That’s a setting in your spreadsheet software.
Since I only drive on Saturdays, and I drive to the train station on week days do I need to log that each day?
Or do I only log it when I work for Uber
Just record your Uber trips. By default, the remaining km must be private.
Record the start reading and end reading to get the total.
You can log twelve weeks and use that period’s percentage for five years.

SydneyUber Chick

Thanks Ricdam. I really appreciate you doing this. Definitely makes BAS time easier.

Tip for new players. If you arent putting in the number of trips, Make sure you enter the - sign in the booking fee deductions row, otherwise the spreadsheet adds hem both and over calculates your Uber commission

Last edited:

Res Vic

Thanks Ricdam,

I really appreciate your contribution. One question though, where do we put the fare adjustments in the sheet.

61Saxman

(quick note to the mods: I have removed all the references that were against the forum rules)

2017-2018 financial year is here so I would like to share the new version of the My Uber Income spreadsheet:

[CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE NEW VERSION OF "MY UBER INCOME" SPREADSHEET]
[Click here to download the example spreadsheet]

This spreadsheet gives you information in real time about GST, tax, BAS, logbook, expenses, income and averages. It makes easy to lodge your own BAS and tax return, and control your income and expenses.

This new version has many improvements. Some of them are:
- 2 methods to track your Income: Weekly or Monthly
- 3 methods to manage your Logbook
- Expenses tab reformulated
- See dead kms using "On trip mileage"
- New "Expenses" chart
- Booking fee, Tax on Fee and Cancellation fee added
- Simpler BAS method
- Quick links
- FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Bug and formula fixes

Important notes:
1 - Read the Tutorial and FAQ in the "Information" tab before using the spreadsheet and before making questions.
2 - The numbers in the Example Spreadsheet are random numbers, but are based on my own numbers and reflect the market in Sydney where I drive.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions, feedback and contributions over the past year :smiles:

Disclaimer: tax related issues should be directed to a qualified account or the ATO.

Screenshots:
View attachment 145793 View attachment 145794 View attachment 145795 View attachment 145796 View attachment 145797
Will this spreadsheet open in ipad excel?

ZacHudson777

I'd love to know how to use excel correctly. The graphics are cool and precise, but executing to make it functional for your situation is another matter. I'd happily pay someone to show me how to use this spreadsheet correctly. Any takers??
Perhaps he could make a subscribers video with everyday scenarios, so we actually get it. Just saying...