• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Verify identity

vmholladay

How often do you have to stop and "verify identity" with the Uber app? Is there any rhyme or reason as to how often you have to do it? It seems as though I'm having to do it at least once a month, is that normal?

swallyb33

It happens to me a lot when I go off and online a lot in a short period of time. Recently it won't activate the camera for me so I can't even take the picture. Then I have to wait a couple hours for it to let me log in.

anteetr

It always does that to me at the worst times. The other day it did it to me while I was circling EWR. One time it did it to me while I was on some road in the boonies with no shoulders, ditches on either side, and no turnoffs. FYI you can't do it while the car is moving.

appdriver

I've been driving since late Nov. About 1,000 rides. It has happened 3 times spread out. But each time it happened I had been online for long hours. I thought they were just making sure it was still me behind the wheel.

nickd8775

This is a stupid way to verify identity. A picture can pass this check.
However, a picture can't wink 3 times or stick its tongue out to the left.

DelaJoe

Takes about 30 seconds to pass the check. No big deal. Pull the car over and park and take the photo. Make sure there is good light and your entire face is in the picture. Again no big deal. This is an excellent random way to make sure drivers are not abusing the system by subletting their account to other people with terrible driving records.

swallyb33

Takes about 30 seconds to pass the check. No big deal. Pull the car over and park and take the photo. Make sure there is good light and your entire face is in the picture. Again no big deal. This is an excellent random way to make sure drivers are not abusing the system by subletting their account to other people with terrible driving records.
Except when the Uber app won't load the camera even though it has all the permissions!!

nickd8775

It's not excellent because holding up a photo of the driver could pass the check