• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Venetian causeway toll Uber theft

Primeonly27

The Venetian causeway toll is $2.25 and Uber is only paying $1.75 contacted them about sent them proof from my sunpass account and they still say they reimbursed me for the toll of $1.75 when it is $2.25. Dose any one know of an attorney and any other drivers get ripped off by Uber on this? Let me know so we can get a class action going. They say they reimburse for tolls but when I contact them they are so stupid even with proof they say we paid you the toll which was $1.75 and they are wrong! It is $2.25 So if Uber stole from you let it be heard.

Primeonly27

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did send them proof from my sunpass statement and this was their stupid response after proof.

We are sorry for the confusion caused here. We'll try to make this right.

We've reviewed your fare and can confirm that a toll or surcharge of $1.75 was added to this trip.

In most cases, tolls and surcharges are automatically added to your fare at the end of your trip and are included on your pay statement for easy review.

Thank you for your patience.

JimKE

Did send them proof from my sunpass statement and this was their stupid response after proof.

We are sorry for the confusion caused here. We'll try to make this right.

We've reviewed your fare and can confirm that a toll or surcharge of $1.75 was added to this trip.

In most cases, tolls and surcharges are automatically added to your fare at the end of your trip and are included on your pay statement for easy review.

Thank you for your patience.
They didn't say they weren't going to pay you the additional 50 cents. Message them again until they pay you. Or go hire an attorney and sue them for your 50 cents.

Primeonly27

No it is not just me that they took 50 cents from if they do this to 100 to 200 drivers a day that is $50.o0 to $100 and it can rack up to $1,000's of dollars it is not just me it is for the greater good of all drivers. And yes they did pay me on some of my 50 cents after fighting with them.

But on the other trips I and other drivers were running a charity for Uber if it was more than 10 days ago. So get on it and get your 50 cents today if you went across the Venetian causeway.

So in reality Uber was able to cheat some of its drivers out of tolls in the range of $1,000 to $2,000 or more on the Venetian causeway.

Ubers response.

Thanks for letting us know,

Unfortunately, we are unable to adjust a fare more than 10 days after a trip ends. Riders are billed immediately when a trip ends, and we need to establish clear and consistent expectations for fare adjustments.

If this happens again on a future trip, let us know within ten days and we will review for any adjustments.

Thank you.

TheAntMiami

No it is not just me that they took 50 cents from if they do this to 100 to 200 drivers a day that is $50.o0 to $100 and it can rack up to $1,000's of dollars it is not just me it is for the greater good of all drivers. And yes they did pay me my 50 cents after fighting with them.
Agreed. Stand up for yourself and others. What if this same thing happens in other cities like NYC, Chicago, etc. with toll roads, bridges and tunnels?
Uber is like a movie, "Catch Me if you Can!"

Primeonly27

So Uber according to Bloomberg is a culture of dishonesty. This just goes to prove it that the proof is in the pudding. They pay hackers $100,000 to stay silent and have no proof they destroyed the information they obtained. To make things worse they can't even pay their partners / slaves / ants 50 cents for tolls that they cheated their drivers on. Some 180 days of change . . ..

I fought them on the ones that were more than 10 days old but it looks like I and other uber drivers ran a charity for Uber. I am sure if their was a group of drivers like 10 or more who were cheated out of this toll that a class action attorney would love to take this case. It is not just about me and my 50 cents. It is about all drivers and the $1,000's of dollars Uber cheated out of it's drivers on tolls. So they can pay hackers $100K but you as a partner gets 0. DM me your contact info if you got F$#K$% because the ride was 10 days or more old. If I can get 10 or more drivers I am sure I can find an attorney that will get you your 50 cents plus alot more.

Primeonly27

Good point but try a better number like $625! It has happened recently in Boston. Class action lawsuits are for the whole community that was affected. If they opt into a suit. So a judge would order a settlement for the party that brought suit. And if it was $100K settlement and only 10 people were apart of it then after the attorney fee's each member would get about $6,000

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/2017/08/31/uber-repay-drivers-tolls/

TAVO928

Yes, they are.still charging at old price.
Last time i passed i wrote them to fix it and they paid me the extra .50 cents.
I hate this @@@@ing venetian toll.

Basmati

On the flip side tho, Uber pays us the toll when leaving the island also, even tho the toll is only charged when entering the island.

TAVO928

Yesterday i passed throug they added correct 2.25 this time.
Looks like they fixed the issue.

Primeonly27

On the flip side tho, Uber pays us the toll when leaving the island also, even tho the toll is only charged when entering the island.
Check your sunpass statement, you are a fool if you think your getting over on Uber. They charge sunpass going EB and WB it would look something like this.

Venetian Causeway Main WB lane 60S Agency Miami Dade County with 02 axles

Venetian Causeway Main EB lane 50S Agency Miami Dade County with 02 axles.

Basmati

I was thinking Key Biscayne for some reason. You are correct that Venetian is charged both ways. I rarely go that way tho. I'll always try going over one of the other Bridges and will only go through Venetian if the pax says something and ordered Uber X. With Pool it is always the 195 or 395 bridge even if pax @@@@@ about it.

Uberdriver954

Uber does not pay for the toll exiting the turpike on Pines Blvd going West, I messenged them and they said it was not a toll in my route! I guess because that exit is new they don’t have updated their sistem. I EVEN SENT A PICTURE FROM THE EXIT. and never got it back.

Primeonly27

If you were affected by Uber theft of tolls on the Venetian causeway last month please file a complaint with the state attorney general Pam Bondi. Uber will not reimburse the toll to you if the ride was more than 10 days old. So Uber's new CEO says Uber is going to do the right thing. I think not. They will pay hackers $100K to stay quite but won't pay their partners 50 cents on missing tolls. They have stolen more than $10,000 in tolls from their drivers just on the Venetian causeway last month. This is not just about me it is for the greater good of the entire community of Uber drivers. Please click on the link below and file a complaint with the state attorney general.

http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.nsf/contact?Open&Section=Citizen_Services

ZZY

What's the Uber policy on the Express Lanes tolls on I-95? Do they pay? Automatically? This week I used them for the 1st time.

There are no charges on my SunPass account yet and it's been 3 days. Does SunPass flake out occasionally?

What about the accuracy of Google's real-time traffic analysis? I had a rider from Palm Beach to Coral Gables Thursday at 7PM. When I got near Fort Lauderdale, the Uber Navigation put a pop-up window on the screen telling me that it was 4 minutes faster to get off at 10th St and take the Turnpike. The chick in the back had her headphones on, plus with upfront pricing I figured that's more $ for me but no change for her, so I confirmed the route change to Uber and got off at 10th. She freaked. I handled it well, showed her my phone and told her what Uber had said. She then used her own phone and told me it was 22 minutes longer to take the Turnpike. I asked her if she wanted me to turn around and go back to I-95 which she did.

I later did a Google route check from my Desktop and without traffic in the equation Google says it's 8 minutes more to take the Turnpike and 5 miles farther. Anwyays, I turned around, got back on I-95 and switched the navigation to Google which shows the traffic. There was a red area in Ft. Lauderdale for a couple miles but when we got there, there was the normal 80MPH traffic flying past my wimpy 70MPH maximum, Further South was another "fake news" red zone that had cleared before we got there. There were no delays all the way to Coral Gables, and using the Express lanes didn't save much time.

So the question is, what's up with the time delay in Google's 'real time' traffic maps?

JimKE

What's the Uber policy on the Express Lanes tolls on I-95? Do they pay? Automatically? This week I used them for the 1st time.
I'll take a shot at this part of your question, but I'm not sure if my understanding of this is still current.

In the past, I have read posts saying that Uber does NOT pay express lane tolls. When asked to take the express lanes, I have told pax they won't reimburse me and the pax have tipped to compensate.

I think I have also read some info that Uber may pay Express Lane if you message them about it, since the app usually directs you to the Express Lanes.

I personally don't like the Express Lanes, and my default is not to use them.

Primeonly27

Uber has never paid for the express lane. They don't know what to pay sometimes the toll from down town Miami is $1.50 to the 595 other times it can be $10 or more. I will take it depending on the toll and fare and if I want to go to Fort Lauderdale or Miami fast and if the rider is paying higher fare or cash tip. I also inform them at the start of the trip about the express lane and ask if they want me to take it. I also tell them Uber pays for all tolls except express lane and why. I won't take it if they are paying X rate and only going to make $15 to $20 before gas and maintenance and the PAX is not paying for it. Most of the time I don't even pick up X passengers I would rather drive empty or not drive at all. X is like a box of chocolates some good some bad and some are all right. If it is under $2 and they are paying LUX I say nothing and just take the express lane. My #2 tip was for $150 on an X ride the dude could not even stand up and walk he was so drunk his friends threw him in the car with them. All my #3, #4 ect. $100 tips have been on LUX and my #1 tip of $300 was also on LUX given by a single girl too! Tried to give it back to her too and she wouldn't let me she just threw it on the floor and left. It was for a minimum $10 fare! She really messed me up I was not able to work for the rest of the day. lol

Kodyhead

Uber has never paid for the express lane. They don't know what to pay sometimes the toll from down town Miami is $1.50 to the 595 other times it can be $10 or more. I will take it depending on the toll and fare and if I want to go to Fort Lauderdale or Miami fast and if the rider is paying higher fare or cash tip. I also inform them at the start of the trip about the express lane and ask if they want me to take it. I also tell them Uber pays for all tolls except express lane and why. I won't take it if they are paying X rate and only going to make $15 to $20 before gas and maintenance and the PAX is not paying for it. Most of the time I don't even pick up X passengers I would rather drive empty or not drive at all. X is like a box of chocolates some good some bad and some are all right. If it is under $2 and they are paying LUX I say nothing and just take the express lane. My #2 tip was for $150 on an X ride the dude could not even stand up and walk he was so drunk his friends threw him in the car with them. All my #3, #4 ect. $100 tips have been on LUX and my #1 tip of $300 was also on LUX given by a single girl too! Tried to give it back to her too and she wouldn't let me she just threw it on the floor and left. It was for a minimum $10 fare! She really messed me up I was not able to work for the rest of the day. lol
Uber paid me for express lanes after contacting them all the time. Can't remember when but maybe February or March it stopped