• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Vehicle Requirements (Worn/Stained seats)

Ralph80

Hi,
I wanted to know if say the car you are trying to register with Uber otherwise is immaculate outside but the seat fabric is worn or has an odorless stain - can you make up for it by using fitted seat covers?
Cheers,
Ralph

Daisey77

Hi,
I wanted to know if say the car you are trying to register with Uber otherwise is immaculate outside but the seat fabric is worn or has an odorless stain - can you make up for it by using fitted seat covers?
Cheers,
Ralph
I would go to a third party inspection place. They never check or at least in Denver they don't.

doyousensehumor

It might slip by. Got Pics?

In practice though if it is the 1st thing pax sees getting in car, and then the last thing he see as he glances back to make sure he didn't leave anything behind, pax might leave enought bad rating to get you deactivated.

Try a Drill Brush. Or junkyard used seat bottom.

Ralph80

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
See the drivers side? I mean who cares a seat cover can hide that. I cannot find anything official but I do read "no visible cosmetic damage". In Australia we are more relaxed so the inspector might not care to take off the seat covers. I read seat covers are common place for uber vehicle owners to deal with spills by pax?

Attachments

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
See the drivers side? I mean who cares a seat cover can hide that. I cannot find anything official but I do read "no visible cosmetic damage". In Australia we are more relaxed so the inspector might not care to take off the seat covers. I read seat covers are common place for uber vehicle owners to deal with spills by pax?
Oh I wouldn't worry about that! You'll be sitting on the spot so people won't see it often anyway.

And why is your steering wheel on the wrong side of the car?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist). :p

doyousensehumor

That is nothing! Driver's seat you are fine.

Big stain on rear seat would be a problem.

The problem with cheap seat covers is that they're loose and baggy and they typically come off after a couple people get in and out of the car. And they will not hold up to commercial use.

The more you spend the less you make. Drive for a couple of weeks and if you still want to drive for Uber get some heavy rubber floor mats for the back. Other than that I wouldn't spend any money that you don't need to

Is that a Holden? I heard they used to make some really good rear-wheel drive sedans there

Ralph80

Oh I wouldn't worry about that! You'll be sitting on the spot so people won't see it often anyway.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist). :p
In Australia we drive on the "right" side, as in the left side. I decided not to go with that car since it has a 2 star ANSAC rating when they require a 5 star rating in October.

doyousensehumor

In Australia we drive on the "right" side, as in the left side. I decided not to go with that car since it has a 2 star ANSAC rating when they require a 5 star rating in October.
I would recommend using that car temporarily to at least see if you really want to do this. Who knows you may not even like this job... you want to use caution before buying a vehicle just for Uber

Ralph80

Oh you had more to ask. It is a Holden Barina but this is before the TM model that came out in 2012 so has a bad reputation. The Commodore is our rear wheel drive family sedan but I think it is redesigned to compete with smaller cars now. The 90's models VN, VP are familiar to me and were built well with a 3.8L Buick V6. Generally they are good and component failures were predictable by kilometers travelled.

IR12

Hi,
Cheers,
Ralph
Welcome aboard! & yes, seat covers work.

reg barclay

In the UK, you can actually see a fair amount of LHD cars and lorrys (trucks) that come over from Europe. I guess LHD vehicles in Australia or RHDs in the US are much rarer though. Since both countries are closed off (driving wise) from places that drive on a different side. The only RHD vehicles I've ever seen in America are the mail trucks.