• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Vehicle registration

Poopy54

I pay my vehicle reg online thru the DMV.Gov site, so they need to send it to me.
DMV is screwed up because I never received in the mail 30 days prior the paperwork, so I sent a picture of the online receipt with all my car info and mine to uber in the the documents section. They rejected it, well I know DMV and probably wont see my reg in the mail for possibly a month. Any way of getting around this...DMV already has my money

Blushark

I would go in to DMV, I like the one in Clairemont on Derrick Dr. Take your receipts and you should get your registration in an hour or so. This has been happening a lot recently. But Uber won't budge until you have the actual registration paper with expiration date. Good luck!

Poopy54

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Blushark Thanks....went this afternoon, DMV is always a pain in the ass, and they charged me 22.00 to get the reg card I need to send to Uber....She said that my card and stickers will be sent out from my original request, but no idea when and when I might receive them....What a scam took 22 bucks from me, but at least I don't have to wait for them to arrive in the mail, and lose days or weeks of work from Uber

Transportador

Man, next time you can go with me to AAA and do this in 5 minutes. You only need to buy me a taco for it.

Also I hear that there are DMV self service kiosks where you can do this yourself. I assume you get the sticker and new reg right away from the kiosks. I haven't tried them since I have AAA.

William Fenton

This is an instance where AAA membership would have paid for itself. Could have gotten everything at any office either little to no wait.

Poopy54

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
USAA is my carrier, not sure of their perks, but I was scrambling to get this done NOW...LOL thanks for all the help

NCRBILL

Also I hear that there are DMV self service kiosks where you can do this yourself. I assume you get the sticker and new reg right away from the kiosks.
I went to the kiosks at the Albertsons on 3rd in Chula Vista. Did two cars, got the stickers and printed copy of registration in less than 5 minutes.
Came out to the car, scanned them in and approved to drive shortly there after. Best way to do it if you ask me.

Transportador

I just used the kiosk this morning to update my registration. Went into the Uber app and uploaded the picture of the new reg. Went into the Lyft app and there's nowhere to upload the new reg. It was past due already for 2 weeks. I was able to make the car active "in use". Wonder if Lyft doesn't care about current reg anymore, LOL.

Blushark

I just used the kiosk this morning to update my registration. Went into the Uber app and uploaded the picture of the new reg. Went into the Lyft app and there's nowhere to upload the new reg. It was past due already for 2 weeks. I was able to make the car active "in use". Wonder if Lyft doesn't care about current reg anymore, LOL.
I have the same experience....Uber no problem....Lyft can't find the upload requirements. I'll wait for them to notify me and then I'll take care of it right away. Anyway, if you have insurance they know its registered.

Null

I have the same experience....Uber no problem....Lyft can't find the upload requirements. I'll wait for them to notify me and then I'll take care of it right away. Anyway, if you have insurance they know its registered.
You can insure an unregistered vehicle.