Vehicle Registration update

PoorBasterd

It's time to update my vehicle licensing with Uber but they only accept one pic at a time and they keep telling me that there is an issue with the picture.

1. Is this one of those things that I have to actually go into the office for?

2. What are the office locations where there is parking?

Salman

There was so many apps that can edit picture. Just put two picture on one frame and upload it.

Uberchampion

There was so many apps that can edit picture. Just put two picture on one frame and upload it.
I had a similar issue. I have the motorcycle enforcement on my license so the morons can't do it on line. You have a school bus one right?

I went to the office in Scarborough. It took an hour to get done but listening to the other drivers begging to be reinstated was amusing so I consider it time we'll spent☺

UberZF

Its probably TOO BIG.
Resize the picture to under 1MB Jpeg, if you can, reduce it to under 250kB

I had that issue with uploading my Updated Insurance info.
Cropped/Resized and it accepted it.

PoorBasterd

Great idea! I'll do that.
You have a school bus one right?
Yes I do. I have BZ license. But it's actually my cars renewal sticker that they need to see. Nevertheless, I'll keep this in mind when it's time to renew my license.
I went to the office in Scarborough. It took an hour to get done but listening to the other drivers begging to be reinstated was amusing so I consider it time we'll spent☺
Now you're giving me ideas.
Its probably TOO BIG.
Resize the picture to under 1MB Jpeg, if you can, reduce it to under 250kB. I had that issue with uploading my Updated Insurance info.
Cropped/Resized and it accepted it.
Thanks. This might probably be an issue as well.

Thanks for your suggestions, gentlemen.

biozon

It's time to update my vehicle licensing with Uber but they only accept one pic at a time and they keep telling me that there is an issue with the picture.
I just combined the front and back into one picture. I did it using desktop, but if you don't have one, there are apps that do that.

PoorBasterd

You know what? I'm just going to go into the Scarborough office and do this thing directly. I also have a cleaning fee issue and the idiot CSR actually addressed me by the rider's name and told me to upload pictures with the driver app...which I already did. "Jake"...which I assume is not his real name anyway, obviously never read the report when it landed in his inbox and just did the cut-and-paste thing so he could fill his response quota.

That said, Driver Support services have gone to Hell in a hand-basket. For the part-timer like me who has another job, this nonsense is extremely frustrating because it's obvious that I have to go into the office to get anything done. Personally, I'm done with part-timing. I'll just do 1 ride every 3 weeks and then when I get my 2 months summer vacay, I'm going to try the full-time thing depending on what kind of insurance is available.

If Travis really wants to save money, just completely should down the Driver Support department and tell driver to go into the local office for their market. A boor-hog's nipples have far more usefulness.

PoorBasterd

Well, I took the plunge and went into Uber's Scarborough office at Midland and McNicol. The rep told me that what they wanted was a picture of the front of the vehicle registration. I was sending them the part with the validation sticker on the back. I would have thought the validation sticker is what they would have wanted. Oh well, Uber wants what it wants.

I also asked them to look into a cleaning fee I had requested. I noticed from the last time I requested a fee, the app only allows us to take one picture and the picture is NOT saved to your Camera Roll (at least, not in the iPhone). He said that Uber made this change because some drivers were abusing it to claim cleanup that never happened. He recommended that we also take multiple pictures of the mess / damage to vehicle with our regular camera app so that we have it on file in case we need to show it again.

I saw that too when I went there. One guy ahead of me was trying to re register with a different email address and Uber caught it. The rep told him that head office specifically said: "do not reactivate this driver" and that there was nothing he could do to help him. I think he said once of the reasons the driver was deactivated was because he was bad-mouthing Uber to the pax. So gentlemen: watch what you say about Uber to your pax. After the deactivated driver left. rep1 told rep2 beside him that this was the third time the guy had come in the try and get reactivated.