Vehicle Registration documents - Rejected

Peter G

Hi Guys, Contacting uber seems to be completely useless and they keep rejecting my registration. The only thing I got here in NSW is an email from RMS with all of my registration details and receipt number. I have uploaded this email 3 times to uber and they keep rejecting it as a source of vehicle registration. I have asked them each time what I should be uploading and they say upload what you have and we will review.

It is like a circle of uselessness, has anyone here had a similar issue and know what I need to provide. Also, they never told me my background check was going to expire so have been offline for more than a week waiting for the updated one to finalise.

Coconutz

Hi Guys, Contacting uber seems to be completely useless and they keep rejecting my registration. The only thing I got here in NSW is an email from RMS with all of my registration details and receipt number. I have uploaded this email 3 times to uber and they keep rejecting it as a source of vehicle registration. I have asked them each time what I should be uploading and they say upload what you have and we will review.

It is like a circle of uselessness, has anyone here had a similar issue and know what I need to provide. Also, they never told me my background check was going to expire so have been offline for more than a week waiting for the updated one to finalise.
If ur deactivated, the only way to be sure is to take ur paperwork to head officeand watch them upload and approve ur account while ur there. Make sure you can get online before u leave. Take everything u need when applying like its ur first day to not get any delays and u should be fine. U just need to take the day off to do this.
Good luck

Derry

Check the requirements if you are met.
-car rego
-car mininum from 2007 onwards
-car insurance
-full license with driving record history (this also can judge you)
-criminal record (this should be last)

Once you got all these documents on paper and in digital. bring it to their office, takes half hour to get it processed and you should get an answer within 1-5 days. They also need to take photo of you while you there.

-once all done they should organise you a driver authority certificate for ride sharing.

Hope all goes well! Good luck!

Last edited:

Scotsman

Submit a copy of your REGO paper. Either you scan it or take a photo. Print of emails is not accepted as they can be tampered very easily.

WollyDriver

I found they wanted a copy of the invoice/bill from RMS (the one that used to have the sticker on it). It seems they don't care if it is actually paid or not :smiles:
I tried sending the receipt/email as well, but it was the bill that solved it.

https://my.service.nsw.gov.au/MyServiceNSW/index#/rms/freeRegoCheck/details

Open this RMS website link, enter ur cars rego number and it will come up with the Rego details, take a screen shot of the details and upload it at uber driver app.
Make sure u upload it, not email it as uber has different department to check the updated documents and different people for checking and replying the email sent by drivers.
Usually takes upto 48 hours to get the documents approved.

That's what I did anyway when my cars rego run out.

SSuber

Check the requirements if you are met.
-car rego
-car mininum from 2007 onwards
-car insurance
-full license with driving record history (this also can judge you)
-criminal record (this should be last)

Once you got all these documents on paper and in digital. bring it to their office, takes half hour to get it processed and you should get an answer within 1-5 days. They also need to take photo of you while you there.

-once all done they should organise you a driver authority certificate for ride sharing.

Hope all goes well! Good luck!
Do we have to go through this every year?

I.e. Submit new rego papers, insurance, freah driving history, fresh crim check etc. I realise the DAC has to be renewed every year, and requires crim and driving history, but mine are out of sync with DAC, which I only recently obtained.

Any ideas?

Derry

I.e. Submit new rego papers, insurance, freah driving history, fresh crim check etc. I realise the DAC has to be renewed every year, and requires crim and driving history, but mine are out of sync with DAC, which I only recently obtained.

Any ideas?
Sorry, I miss understood. I thought it was for registering for uber driving

ubersleek

Any ideas?
Yes, everything other than Proof of ID has an expiry date on your profile. And more often than once a year unless your vehicle rego, drivers licence, DAC and Uber start dates are magically aligned. Documentation renewal is a pain in the a** and historically (I've been driving 2 years) Uber don't always make it easy. Watch out for the Driving History and Crim Check renewal. While Uber facilitate the latter, they prompt you with only about 4-5 days for you to apply and for the check to be processed before they abruptly suspend your account. That was a nice surprise on a Friday evening for me - while I was driving no less! At least now they have the expiry dates listed in your Driver Profile so you can keep an eye on it.

Funnily enough, I've never had to update my rego though. The screen shot from the RMS Free Rego check has just appeared as the sighted doc.

Thelma & Louise (T&L)

https://my.service.nsw.gov.au/MyServiceNSW/index#/rms/freeRegoCheck/details

Open this RMS website link, enter ur cars rego number and it will come up with the Rego details, take a screen shot of the details and upload it at uber driver app.
Make sure u upload it, not email it as uber has different department to check the updated documents and different people for checking and replying the email sent by drivers.
Usually takes upto 48 hours to get the documents approved.

That's what I did anyway when my cars rego run out.
Uber do not tell you this but this is the way to get back on the platform.
Why Uber cannot do do this themselves I don't know.

Coconutz

Yes, everything other than Proof of ID has an expiry date on your profile. And more often than once a year unless your vehicle rego, drivers licence, DAC and Uber start dates are magically aligned. Documentation renewal is a pain in the a** and historically (I've been driving 2 years) Uber don't always make it easy. Watch out for the Driving History and Crim Check renewal. While Uber facilitate the latter, they prompt you with only about 4-5 days for you to apply and for the check to be processed before they abruptly suspend your account. That was a nice surprise on a Friday evening for me - while I was driving no less! At least now they have the expiry dates listed in your Driver Profile so you can keep an eye on it.

Funnily enough, I've never had to update my rego though. The screen shot from the RMS Free Rego check has just appeared as the sighted doc.
Renewal of DAC should take care of driving history and criminal check as I don't have one uploaded and only have DAC and drivers licence uploaded.

ubersleek

Renewal of DAC should take care of driving history and criminal check as I don't have one uploaded and only have DAC and drivers licence uploaded.
Yes, in theory it should. Did you supply your DAC upfront or did you have Driving History and Criminal Check recorded by Uber and then later applied for your DAC? They don't seem to operate quite so logically when those documents pre-exist.

When I provided my newly minted DAC, in person at Concord, I tried to get it all aligned but two days later my account was put on hold by Manila for missing Driving History. After pushing back on multiple useless "Thank you for the patience throughout the process" replies from Manila my account was eventually reactivated. But the next day it was put on hold again with 'your documents need a second look', including that my birth certificate had 'expired', so I made the trek out to Concord again. End result, agreed everything was in order and reactivated but all too hard to align the different expiries on each document to the DAC validity. Hopefully the situation is as you describe going forward.

Coconutz

Yes, in theory it should. Did you supply your DAC upfront or did you have Driving History and Criminal Check recorded by Uber and then later applied for your DAC? They don't seem to operate quite so logically when those documents pre-exist.

When I provided my newly minted DAC, in person at Concord, I tried to get it all aligned but two days later my account was put on hold by Manila for missing Driving History. After pushing back on multiple useless "Thank you for the patience throughout the process" replies from Manila my account was eventually reactivated. But the next day it was put on hold again with 'your documents need a second look', including that my birth certificate had 'expired', so I made the trek out to Concord again. End result, agreed everything was in order and reactivated but all too hard to align the different expiries on each document to the DAC validity. Hopefully the situation is as you describe going forward.
Yeah I had everything but my DAC when I first applied in Jan and they knocked me back due to a DUI from 18 yrs ago so I went applied and received my DAC in Feb and got put straight on without having my driving record or crim check sighted.
As you said moving forward, if they want to have their own records for what the DAC requires then I might be in a bit of a jam come renewal time, but so far I don't see why they would want to double up on the paperwork when the DAC takes those requirements out of their hands and again if u already have a DAC they want to get you on the road as soon as possible. Fingers crossed maybe??

Fuzzyelvis

"Circle of uselessness" perfectly describes uber support.

SSuber

This is what I feared - what about cost? Did Uber pay for the cost of driving and crim histories like they did at sign up?

I've got about five different dates - rego different to insurance different to crim check different to driving history different to DAC yadda yadda.

ubersleek

This is what I feared - what about cost? Did Uber pay for the cost of driving and crim histories like they did at sign up?

I've got about five different dates - rego different to insurance different to crim check different to driving history different to DAC yadda yadda.
Yes, they reimburse for the updated Driving History and there's no charge for the new Crim Check via their own process.