Vehicle Insurance for ride-share (Uber)

IETAXIU

Hello All

Riding Uber for a while thinking my vehicle was insured under full comprehensive insurance with Alliance(my premium was $950.00 p/a)...

It is insured now - but my premium is doubled... done a bit of research and prices (in my case only) are:

do cover Uber / ride-share:
- Alliance (unconditional) - $2,000.00 p/a
- Youi (unconditional) - $4,000.00 p/a
- RACV (conditional) - $1,700.00 p/a

do not cover Uber / ride-share:
- Budget
- Coles
- AAMI
- ANZ Car Insurance

Any useful info/comments are welcome

IETAXIU

I was more concerned with my false assumption that taking pic of my full comprehensive insurance through Uber app i was insured / covered.
perhaps it covers Uber in some way to wash their hands off in case of accident.

should the accident happen you'll be on your own with your insurance company...

has any 1 here has had an experience with claims while driving Uber?

PS. I do have original DA letter under my driver seat - laminated

everythingsuber

They will flog him of to someone else.Not their problem in their eyes.F.... useless company when it comes to the welfare of it's driver's.
Scottie was being ironic. The correct response would have been." Yes Uber will get back in touch with you to inform you of the best option for you under your circumstances. Also of the possibility of a discount rate though a deal they have done with one of the insurance companies. Uber have your back as always."

KenBruceHasGoneMad

I was more concerned with my false assumption that taking pic of my full comprehensive insurance through Uber app i was insured / covered.
perhaps it covers Uber in some way to wash their hands off in case of accident.

should the accident happen you'll be on your own with your insurance company...

has any 1 here has had an experience with claims while driving Uber?

PS. I do have original DA letter under my driver seat - laminated
If its current DA....
that's good.
Upload it to uber...,with your ABN and GST registration...

Uber insurance, hahaha.
You're right, just to cover themselves.

You're on your own..

ubermercury

Hello All

Riding Uber for a while thinking my vehicle was insured under full comprehensive insurance with Alliance(my premium was $950.00 p/a)...

It is insured now - but my premium is doubled... done a bit of research and prices (in my case only) are:

do cover Uber / ride-share:
- Youi (unconditional) - $4,000.00 p/a
- RACV (conditional) - $1,700.00 p/a

do not cover Uber / ride-share:
- Budget
- Coles
- AAMI
- ANZ Car Insurance

Any useful info/comments are welcome

Is your age a factor in those rates?
e.g. Are you under 25?

weekendnightdriver

That seems to be too much. I am with Allianz and normally driving less than 1,000km per week. Premium for this year was around $1,250. (Same option for last year was $800 odd)

Maybe your age and car seem to be affecting the premium.

Wayne01

Try Bingle. I got a good deal with them.
I just did a quote with Bingle for full comprehensive.
over 20,000 kms ride share $517.88
Excesses $795
under 25 excess $600
Unlisted household member or unlisted regular driver excess $1950 (i had already listed my wife in the $517.88 price)
Windscreen is $42 extra (how you can claim without paying your $795 is anybodys guess. Can anybody answer this?)
Keep mobile is $37 extra

Apollo

I just did a quote with Bingle for full comprehensive.
over 20,000 kms ride share $517.88
Excesses $795
under 25 excess $600
Unlisted household member or unlisted regular driver excess $1950 (i had already listed my wife in the $517.88 price)
Windscreen is $42 extra (how you can claim without paying your $795 is anybodys guess. Can anybody answer this?)
Keep mobile is $37 extra
Not bad.Can the excess be lower then $795.

weekendnightdriver

Other Insurance companies don't charge excess for FIRST TIME windscreen repair. It applies only when the damage happened to windscreen and windows.

Try Bingle. I got a good deal with them.
Their price is so intriguing. Anyone had any experience with claiming the accidents? For me, AAMI was so easy going to accept my claims.
I am thinking about switching to Bingle. Even with $100 administration fee, it will save me more than $500 pa.

Wayne01

Not bad.Can the excess be lower then $795.
Bingle had no options that I could find to lower the excess.

I just rang Allianz - Had a long chat with them
Including rideshare they are over double the cost that standard Fully comp is at $1400
There is a hint that because I took the insurance through the bank that there might be premiums that I am paying there.

Iselect was useless

Apollo

Bingle had no options that I could find to lower the excess.

I just rang Allianz - Had a long chat with them
Including rideshare they are over double the cost that standard Fully comp is at $1400
There is a hint that because I took the insurance through the bank that there might be premiums that I am paying there.
I'm with RACV. My insurance for rideshare cost me over $3,000 (i know i'm a d......)but my excess is $300.

drivindad

That seems to be too much. I am with Allianz and normally driving less than 1,000km per week. Premium for this year was around $1,250. (Same option for last year was $800 odd)

Maybe your age and car seem to be affecting the premium.

Mine last year was $900, this year it's $1,400. next year will be about 40% more - Allianz

weekendnightdriver

Mine last year was $900, this year it's $1,400. next year will be about 40% more - Allianz
Why don't you switch over to Bingle? I called Allianz just now and the guy on the phone first tried to match the price and then gave up quickly. He gave me full refund without any cancellation fee because it has been just a week since I renewed the policy.

"more than $600 saved" means "four weekend nights' driving worth earned." Lol

Wayne01

Just for a laugh - youi $4876.38
includes rideshare and a excess of $795
That is not a typo and is a standard ford falcon... Both the operator and I checked the figures and both of us had a laugh.
I made sure that it was not covering a rolls royce or anything strange like that. The monthly premium was almost the same as my yearly figure with bingle and no extra features... Wow just wow

Apollo

Just for a laugh - youi $4876.38
includes rideshare and a excess of $795
That is not a typo and is a standard ford falcon... Both the operator and I checked the figures and both of us had a laugh.
I made sure that it was not covering a rolls royce or anything strange like that. The monthly premium was almost the same as my yearly figure with bingle and no extra features... Wow just wow
And i thought i was getting ripped of with RACV.