Vehicle inspection

pizza guy

So I uploaded my new inspection 2 weeks ago and on my account it says it is valid until April of 3000. Yes I have almost 984 years until it needs inspected again.
At the same time I am still getting texts saying my inspection expires this week. Tried to figure out how to contact them to check if my new inspection went through and alert them of the typo, but we all know how it is and I gave up after 10 minutes.
I'm assuming the text system is clueless to reality, but should I worry about being deactivated when my old inspection expires this week like the texts warn?

Pardalian

i dont drive but i checked the driver app and mine expired 3 months ago, i tried to go online and i got a ping right away, looks like inspection does not matter

pizza guy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i dont drive but i checked the driver app and mine expired 3 months ago, i tried to go online and i got a ping right away, looks like inspection does not matter
I'm not sure if that's good news or bad news. I think most responsible drivers have a more comprehensive inspection done every few months, but with the current state of things I'm not sure about that anymore.

pizza guy

They do pay attention to inspections. Went to log on today and found out I was wait listed because my new inspection didn't go through. Waiting for them to approve another picture of the form.

Pardalian

They do pay attention to inspections. Went to log on today and found out I was wait listed because my new inspection didn't go through. Waiting for them to approve another picture of the form.
i checked my app again, still works without the inspection

mkane

my worked for about a year without inspection approval. They started bugging me about a month ago.

cbotnyse

I am a new driver about 10 days in and have not had my inspection yet. I just tried to go online and got a red message across the screen that says "vehicle invalid". I emailed support and they said "I have checked your account and can see that your account is in active state." But I'm not able to go online. I sent a more specific message to support. But as of now, I am not able to get online.

HOOSIERGAL

I am a new driver about 10 days in and have not had my inspection yet. I just tried to go online and got a red message across the screen that says "vehicle invalid". I emailed support and they said "I have checked your account and can see that your account is in active state." But I'm not able to go online. I sent a more specific message to support. But as of now, I am not able to get online.
Keep replying to their email and continue trying to go online until it's resolved. If you really get frustrated, go to one of the office locations. I go to the 115th St location because it's quick in and out. North Ave. is a madhouse on any given day. I know nothing about the other location

cbotnyse

Keep replying to their email and continue trying to go online until it's resolved. If you really get frustrated, go to one of the office locations. I go to the 115th St location because it's quick in and out. North Ave. is a madhouse on any given day. I know nothing about the other location
How did they get you back online? Is this just some kind of glitch that is easily fixable?

cbotnyse

looks like they said no...." I understand that you want your vehicle to be activated. To do this, we need your Vehicle Inspection on file, please click this link to download the form and to know where you can take your vehicle. Once accomplished, please upload the document in your profile for review. Should you have additional questions, just let us know."

Tllips

Are you aware that you can get the vehicle inspection completed at a Jiffy Lube without an appointment. It takes about 20 min and you walk out with the approved inspection in hand. Take a picture and upload to the app. Mine was then approved in the app within a couple of hours.

cbotnyse

Are you aware that you can get the vehicle inspection completed at a Jiffy Lube without an appointment. It takes about 20 min and you walk out with the approved inspection in hand. Take a picture and upload to the app. Mine was then approved in the app within a couple of hours.
Yeah I went to Sears Auto in Oak Brook and they told me it would take 2 hours and the guy who does it wasn't there. And they are impossible to get on the phone. So that screwed me.

I called a different place in Hinsdale and they could do it in 30 mins, but I can't get there until Sunday unfortunately. Looks like I'll miss out on my weekly guarantee, sucks.

pizza guy

Both times I got mine inspected it took over an hour. I'm glad it did. They found every little thing that may need fixed in the future and included an estimate and an honest opinion of the importance of the repairs and when they would need done. They even applied the 15% Uber discount to the inspection.
I think it's really important for us to have a relationship with a shop we trust.