Valet People

Tysmith95

Anyone else ever have issues with valet people. I had one today, where I told him to show me his badge or F off.

E30addixt

No. I try not to sit in their spots though. If it's a quick drop off I use it, but I generally don't sit and wait there unless there's a lot of room. They have a job they're trying to do too.

RichNH

Same thing for me a legal harborside. I told him I'm picking up customers who probably spent 300+ in the restaurant so and that he should pound sand

Jaackil

Never had a problem with a valet. A couple of times they have come over to my car and I explain I am either picking up or dropping off. I usually beat them to the punch by rolling down the window and saying I am here to pick someone up where wherendo you want me to be out of your way. Occasionally they will ask me to move to a certain location so they can do their job and I always comply. They are trying to make a living too. What I have found is if you treat them with respect they return the same. The next time I see the same person they usually nod or wave sometimes if it is slow they will come over and chat and don't hassle me at all.

Jaackil

The ones at legal harbor side are the worst! I only have problems with them even if I'm dropping off and waiting to pull out of there, fake tough guys.
I have never really had a problem with those guys. Maybe it is because I am older, maybe it is because I talk to them first? In places like that I always roll down the window and ask how their night is going or have they been busy. It is really funny how most people involuntarily respond to courtesy. The other thing is I never leave the stupid trade dress in the window in the city.
In my experience the toughest to deal with are the Doormen at the hotels especially the ones that have a pullin like the Westin Marriot Copley or Four Seasons. That is their domain and you need to respect that. But if you do they are fine. I had a guy at the Westin get a little aggressive with me when I pulled in there once. He told me I couldn't pull in there and I had to stop on the street. I just said sorry I will drive around and pull up on the street just let my pick up know I am circling around and I did. Now when he sees me he waves me in. Lol. You just have to remember they are trying to do a job too. They have to move cars quickly and try to keep their people from waiting "their people" are their priority not ours.

NewEnglander

I have never had an issue with a restaurant valet and I do a lot of pick ups and drops at Legal Harborside. I try to pick out a spot that isn't in their way and I am courteous.

Hotel valets are another story. I've been told twice in Boston that ride share drivers are not allowed at THEIR hotel.

One backed off when I started to call the passenger and their guest on speakerphone to "explain" that policy. The other, I moved for because the rider was a no show and when I pulled away, a taxi pulled in and they high fived. So I called the hotel's General Manager. He was not impressed.

I suspect some taxi drivers give them a kickback. Not enough cash with Uber to play that game.

E30addixt

I have never had an issue with a restaurant valet and I do a lot of pick ups and drops at Legal Harborside. I try to pick out a spot that isn't in their way and I am courteous.

I suspect some taxi drivers give them a kickback. Not enough cash with Uber to play that game.

I'm pretty sure they get kick backs. I had a pax who said a concierge gave her the look of death when she suggested to another guest that they take an Uber and save on the taxi fare.

I've had good luck at the Westin and the Four Seasons. They open the door for the pax when I pull in. I also don't expect to block a lane of theirs waiting for a pax to come out either though.

If I got the "my hotel" thing the car will go in park and I will sit until I'm good and ready to leave or the cops show up. I don't care if it costs me rides in the mean time. I can be a stubborn prick too and that shit won't fly.

I've been fine at Legal Harborside too. Leave room for new people to show up and receice valet parking and they won't bother you. Block shit like a dick and don't work together so we can both get our work done and I can see getting attitude from a valet; deservedly so.

Duane Mitchell

I stay out of their way simply because it's their job and they have a right to the area that is posted for them to work. That said I have never had a problem with Legal Harborside. Been asked to pull up but that's not a problem. If the pax have to walk a few steps then that's what they have to do. All in all no problems but they can't be short and to the point. Just deal with it. Call the pax, get their ass out there.