• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Valet captain at the Hyat

Pb0397

Has anyone else ever had a problem with this guy? So I get a ride from the Hyatt I pull up not even all the way just to look. He waved me over at first I thought he was my ride. I ask him he says no he asked who am I looking for I give him the name which was a hard one. He asked me to repeat it three times at that point I begin to roll up my window because I’m going to drive off and try to contact the pax. He knocks on my window loudly and says I’m not through talking to you. I say what else would you like to know and then he was like who are you looking for and I said I already told you three times I’m leaving now he said no you’re not. At that point I was getting aggravated and informed him that he was not my boss.that set him off. He said quit raising your voice at me I’m calling security You have to wait right here. At the time I thought he was security I didn’t realize he was valet. Then he tries to write down my tag I decide to wait for security. They come out looking like they expect me to be causing a scene or something. I’m just sitting in my car.I told them and they even said I really shouldn’t be talking to him unless I am in the way which I wasn’t. And I told her that’s what I’m trying to say to you he had no reason to treat me the way he did.

Also same guy one night when the main entrance was closed and I didn’t know it I brought a lady there and he actually detained me and asked why I was dropping her off at that entrance and I said I didn’t realize it was close. I was going to drive around to the side and while he was questioning me she decides to get out and he tells her to get back into the car. When I go to leave he tells me not to and tell someone to write my tag down.

RoWode12

Those guys often act like rent-a-cops. They lack any control in their life so they try to pretend they have authority in their job. I doubt they’re the same ones, but the ones that used to work there would always get in trouble by hotel management for trying to run things and push people around. Those guys are well-known dicks, especially to cab drivers and uber drivers. Don’t ever take orders from those guys and NEVER give them money for any reason.

Just ignore them and laugh. They’re nobodies in the hierarchy.

Pb0397

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That’s what I had thought . I really couldn’t believe this guy was trying to escalate the situation. I’m like who hurt you? Do you need a hug?! Not to mention he was middle aged and doing valet.

jonhjax

Was he a black middle aged man who wore glasses and wore a pith helmet? If so, it's probably Bobby. He's a control freak and real azzhole. I never liked him when I worked out of there, just tolerated him as much as I could.

Pb0397

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe that was the same person. How do you tell the guest of the hotel to get back into the car when she decides to grab her bag and walk to the side door from the back. Is this the Hyatt or the state penitentiary. He was acting like a police officer trying to detain us in my vehicle.

PreferLyft

Those guys often act like rent-a-cops. They lack any control in their life so they try to pretend they have authority in their job. I doubt they’re the same ones, but the ones that used to work there would always get in trouble by hotel management for trying to run things and push people around. Those guys are well-known dicks, especially to cab drivers and uber drivers. Don’t ever take orders from those guys and NEVER give them money for any reason.

Just ignore them and laugh. They’re nobodies in the hierarchy.
I hate this attitude. I'm a valet/bellman and I drive Uber/Lyft. You know what I hate most about Uber and Lyft? They don't do what you tell them to do. You've got to understand. We're all there to do a job. The valet/bellman is, and so are you. But where it gets to be an issue is when the driver starts trying to do the job of the valet/bellman.

I got into it with an uber driver because I was loading a guest's luggage into his vehicle and he said "you guys just don't get it do you? I said I would handle that."

First of all, my job is to assist guests and load their luggage into vehicles. It doesn't matter if you're an uber or a lyft. You are a taxi. We load luggage into taxis, and off they go. That's our brief 2 minutes to earn our living from that guest. You're about to spend 30 minutes in the car with them and we have 2 minutes. You've got PLENTY of time to earn a tip.

The uber and lyft drivers that I am most friendly with on a day to day basis are the ones that never step foot out of their vehicle while they're on the driveway of the hotel. You've got to realize the driveway can turn into a parking lot at the drop of a hat. So they're not rent-a-cops, they're not telling you to do something for the heck of it, they're trying to do their job and make sure it goes smoothly.

*EDIT*

Also, "nothing in the hierarchy" isn't necessarily true. I had that Uber driver banned from property because of his behavior. He started fussing with me and arguing with me in front of the guest. Totally unprofessional. We're in a gated community, so it was easy. If his vehicle comes up, they don't let him through the gate.

RoWode12

I hate this attitude. I'm a valet/bellman and I drive Uber/Lyft. You know what I hate most about Uber and Lyft? They don't do what you tell them to do. You've got to understand. We're all there to do a job. The valet/bellman is, and so are you. But where it gets to be an issue is when the driver starts trying to do the job of the valet/bellman.

I got into it with an uber driver because I was loading a guest's luggage into his vehicle and he said "you guys just don't get it do you? I said I would handle that."

First of all, my job is to assist guests and load their luggage into vehicles. It doesn't matter if you're an uber or a lyft. You are a taxi. We load luggage into taxis, and off they go. That's our brief 2 minutes to earn our living from that guest. You're about to spend 30 minutes in the car with them and we have 2 minutes. You've got PLENTY of time to earn a tip.

The uber and lyft drivers that I am most friendly with on a day to day basis are the ones that never step foot out of their vehicle while they're on the driveway of the hotel. You've got to realize the driveway can turn into a parking lot at the drop of a hat. So they're not rent-a-cops, they're not telling you to do something for the heck of it, they're trying to do their job and make sure it goes smoothly.

*EDIT*

Also, "nothing in the hierarchy" isn't necessarily true. I had that Uber driver banned from property because of his behavior. He started fussing with me and arguing with me in front of the guest. Totally unprofessional. We're in a gated community, so it was easy. If his vehicle comes up, they don't let him through the gate.
Hey man, it’s all about mutual RESPECT. Also, both sides should be professional. You will NEVER see me treat anyone as less than me. We are all humans just passing through.

Yes, everyone is there to do a job...I treat everyone with respect. If a cop pulls me over, he’s just doing a job. I’ll treat him with the same respect as the gas station attendant, Mc Donald’s worker, and valet captain—provided they’re not being a dick for no apparent reason. (Then, I’ll be nice to spite them and talk shit about them on the internet , lol. )

I don’t have a grudge against valet workers in general. It’s been a while since I’ve had regular dealings...but the Hyatt valet have been jerks to taxi and Uber drivers. They have been disrespectful and condescending in the past. They have been known to treat drivers like crap to improve their own image.

You let me do my job, I’ll let you do yours. We all treat each other with respect, then all will be great.

YMMV.

Scotto Florida

One Ocean has some high school dropout who thinks he runs the parking lot. We usually just ignore him as he yells outside your window. Ignore these asshats, they can't do anything other than piss off one of the hotels guests

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
WellScrubbedHustlingRube Dallas 4
FINALCUT Las Vegas 38