Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Vacuum Tricks

9K views 112 replies 48 participants last post by  LyftNewbie10 
#1 ·
It sounds silly but I used to vacuum about every three days now I just take out mats and pat them out and pretty much does what I need for about two weeks, now I want to go a step further and find out the cheapest vacuum that works well so I am not price gouged even further in these low wages lol Not gettin my dollar! anyone got some vacuum tricks? Had a duster for a lil while but didn’t cut the mustard.

#2 ·
Take the mats out and whack ‘em up against the trees in the yard. Did you ever see your mom take the rugs out of the house and beat them clean?

I also have a monthly car wash pass and they have good vacuums.

BTW, saw a guy at ABIA washing his car with the squeegee at the cell phone lot yesterday. Was handing off a young lady we know to her parents on the way back from Houston.

#3 ·
Take the mats out and whack 'em up against the trees in the yard. Did you ever see your mom take the rugs out of the house and beat them clean?

I also have a monthly car wash pass and they have good vacuums.

BTW, saw a guy at ABIA washing his car with the squeegee at the cell phone lot yesterday. Was handing off a young lady we know to her parents on the way back from Houston.
Car wash with a squeegee that could save me 6 bucks a week!! Nice

#6 ·
This thought comes from a pax convo, but takes a while other mindset to adapt to lol, really comes down to efficiency, I am not one to post pax convos but thus dude nailed it when it came to being efficient, so I am a fan. Drove the real life Tom Hanks from castaway in terms of the job (but said was actually 5 people at each site to fix) in how they manage a slower process at fed ex. Trip.

#16 ·
Thanks for Matt trick, gonna try that, well I actually might buy another set, but looking at rubber ones, seen other drivers wash them with hose, why couldn’t you just turn Matt’s upside down?

I have a mini vacuum in glovebox, paid for itself, many times over.

My car wash trick, when it rains, I wash car, saves rinsing car, before and after, if not raining I’m at gas station with squeegee making a mess on their forecourt, but most the time I don’t bother, I regularly clean the windows, riders think car is clean,

Inside the car, before rider gets in, a quick tiny spray of scented stuff, riders hop in and go wow your car smells nice and clean,yet it’s not,

Gotta cut corners

#19 ·
I just thought of another trick.

I’ve used a lint roller before on the mats when no vacuums or trees are are to be found.

I’m also going to check out rubber mats today, but with the van I’m not sure what kind of cost I’m going to be looking at.

#20 ·
My pax story was about being as efficient with everything possible to maximize profit. In our case time doesn’t get us profits (waiting on pings) but doing everything possible to save costs does, I know I wasted a lot of money doing things out of habit and convenience, and always exploring ways to make money as efficiently as possible even in this crap gig lol

#23 ·
Friends daughter spilled grape juice, luckily it’s on the floor in the 3rd row. Can’t get the splatter to come out and I think I’ve tried everything.

So now that’s my no drinks policy visual aide, if pax ask I say someone snuck in a RedBull and that’s what I found later. Gotta somehow work it to my benefit.

#31 ·
Friends daughter spilled grape juice, luckily it's on the floor in the 3rd row. Can't get the splatter to come out and I think I've tried everything.

So now that's my no drinks policy visual aide, if pax ask I say someone snuck in a RedBull and that's what I found later. Gotta somehow work it to my benefit.
Have you tried Simple Green? I swear it cleans anything.

#27 ·
Been working like crazy so just vacuumed and the real issue is the trunk, how the hell can luggage cause so much...lint, and whatever, I suppose since it is in storage is why, I'm seriously thinking about using a lint roller every other day like MHR said, and for the trunk, people just want to see a clean trunk vs clean floor mats, I would think. The trunk is where I can't skimp on, the floor mats can easily be patted out, you would think after 4 years I would of figured this out but only exploring it now because I'm tired of vacuuming every three days. That or just get a cheap shop vac like the previous posts suggested. I think I'm just more annoyed with driving to car Wash/vacuum place then it is the money. But for every dollar I put in, I'm like you pax couldn't tip to have a clean car?

#42 ·
Hood Automotive tire Asphalt Grey Road surface
Hood Road surface Grey Asphalt Beige

So here's an immediate before and after. I'm not 100% done, still have a few spots I need to get and want to vacuum as well.

I used a spray called Folex, got it from THD, apparently available anywhere and everywhere. $7 for a big bottle that'll take me years to use up,

So far I'm pretty damned impressed. It's not perfect but at least it doesn't look like some tried to off themselves in the back row anymore.

#43 ·
View attachment 270415 View attachment 270416
So here's an immediate before and after. I'm not 100% done, still have a few spots I need to get and want to vacuum as well.

I used a spray called Folex, got it from THD, apparently available anywhere and everywhere. $7 for a big bottle that'll take me years to use up,

So far I'm pretty damned impressed. It's not perfect but at least it doesn't look like some tried to off themselves in the back row anymore.
We *always* have Folex available here at the house. It's good stuff.

That said, sometimes after the remaining dampness has dried, you can still see a little bit of the stain. At a location like you have, probably not very much.

Christine

#52 ·
What brand did you get?

Some of them, well... suck. Others are decent. I may ask Santa Claus for one.

Christine
It was labeled "Sharper Image " but got it at Walgreens. Great lil unit. But hose is too stiff and in 2 parts. So its annoying and comes apart. But great suction..

But above all else, I didn't make one bad joke in this whole post!
Gotta be a personal record, snork.

Holds about a half gallon. So could have a double puke party.

Yay?

#53 ·
It was labeled "Sharper Image " but got it at Walgreens. Great lil unit. But hose is too stiff and in 2 parts. So its annoying and comes apart. But great suction..

But above all else, I didn't make one bad joke in this whole post!
Gotta be a personal record, snork.

Holds about a half gallon. So could have a double puke party.

Yay?
I got a like new Craftsman mini shop vac at a yard sale for $5. Works great!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.