1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Vacuum Tricks

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Jay Dean, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

It sounds silly but I used to vacuum about every three days now I just take out mats and pat them out and pretty much does what I need for about two weeks, now I want to go a step further and find out the cheapest vacuum that works well so I am not price gouged even further in these low wages lol Not gettin my dollar! anyone got some vacuum tricks? Had a duster for a lil while but didn’t cut the mustard.

Bart McCoy, Uber Crack and tohunt4me like this.
  2. MHR

MHR Moderator

Take the mats out and whack ‘em up against the trees in the yard. Did you ever see your mom take the rugs out of the house and beat them clean?

I also have a monthly car wash pass and they have good vacuums.

BTW, saw a guy at ABIA washing his car with the squeegee at the cell phone lot yesterday. Was handing off a young lady we know to her parents on the way back from Houston.

buzzoven, vtcomics, Snowblind and 5 others like this.
  3. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

Car wash with a squeegee that could save me 6 bucks a week!! Nice

Franco Cozzo, Ziggy and MHR like this.
  4. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Lots of car washes offer free vacuums. I got an inexpensive 1 gallon shop vac, it works really well.

5. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

Right on, thanks!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    MHR likes this.
  6. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

This thought comes from a pax convo, but takes a while other mindset to adapt to lol, really comes down to efficiency, I am not one to post pax convos but thus dude nailed it when it came to being efficient, so I am a fan. Drove the real life Tom Hanks from castaway in terms of the job (but said was actually 5 people at each site to fix) in how they manage a slower process at fed ex. Trip.

7. MHR

MHR Moderator

Are you posting and driving or do I need to take up drinking again to understand this post? :D

8. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

No I’m home, but this pax said too much not to....share.? Was cool :)

wonderfulcarscent and MHR like this.
  9. THIS

Justmakingmoney likes this.
  10. heres My trick:

Start the day with no mats.
    Clean mats in the truck.

Half way through your day put the mats down.

Bam!

You’re welcome!

11. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

78A5D2A0-F3C9-4E34-850D-CFE6E991E9F2.jpeg

What? No way! Then you have to clean twice as much footage

1.Clean mats every two weeks
    2. Drive at night, no one notices

12. 3. Turn off all interior lights in vehicle

13. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

Which is why we are Uber drivers lol

Danny3xd likes this.
  14. But it’s still a trick.

He asked for tricks. :cool:

-JR- likes this.
  15. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

We need simple tricks, as the post asked for lol

16. Thanks for Matt trick, gonna try that, well I actually might buy another set, but looking at rubber ones, seen other drivers wash them with hose, why couldn’t you just turn Matt’s upside down?

I have a mini vacuum in glovebox, paid for itself, many times over.

My car wash trick, when it rains, I wash car, saves rinsing car, before and after, if not raining I’m at gas station with squeegee making a mess on their forecourt, but most the time I don’t bother, I regularly clean the windows, riders think car is clean,

Inside the car, before rider gets in, a quick tiny spray of scented stuff, riders hop in and go wow your car smells nice and clean,yet it’s not,

Gotta cut corners

Ziggy, islanddriver, MoreTips and 2 others like this.
  17. Glad I'm not the only one confused by this

MoreTips, MHR and Justmakingmoney like this.
  18. Uber Crack

Uber Crack Author

Driving:
    UberX
    Rubber mats are IT. So easy to hose off. I take them out and slap them against the tire. They've saved my butt in rainy muddy weather and even survived a spilled soda. I've never regretted them for a second. At first I was just going to use them two winters ago, but I never went back. :)

19. MHR

MHR Moderator

I just thought of another trick.

I’ve used a lint roller before on the mats when no vacuums or trees are are to be found.

I’m also going to check out rubber mats today, but with the van I’m not sure what kind of cost I’m going to be looking at.

20. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

My pax story was about being as efficient with everything possible to maximize profit. In our case time doesn’t get us profits (waiting on pings) but doing everything possible to save costs does, I know I wasted a lot of money doing things out of habit and convenience, and always exploring ways to make money as efficiently as possible even in this crap gig lol

MHR likes this.