1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

VA inspection hook up for DC MD drivers.

Discussion in 'Washington DC' started by Al Bundie, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Al Bundie

Al Bundie Member

If anyone need help getting their inspection hassle free inbox me MD and DC partners welcome.I am driver and partner in a inspection station in VA.good luck all with these new regulations.

2. HELP PLEASE!!!! I need to hook up to get the VA State inspection. Can you help me?

3. drivinindc

drivinindc Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    He just told you to message him.

When someone offers free food, don't expect delivery, too.

GreenSky, Jzhu, Nell and 3 others like this.
  4. nutzareus

nutzareus Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Just go to any Virginia gas station with a garage and pay $16 it's not rocket science...

5. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    yup, its only $16 and takes 20min.

6. Al Bundie

Al Bundie Member

Unless they see you are from DC or Maryland trying to work in VA and they find more problems with a bill that's more than the price of your car

Graham_DC and Nell like this.
  7. KGB7

KGB7 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    1. You have to be Uber authorized shop.
    2. They only check light bulbs and basic things.

8. Al Bundie

Al Bundie Member

This has nothing to do with Uber
    It's a state VA inspection.the list you saw from Uber were recommendations not uber authorized.
    Basic things include tires,brakes,suspension and other BASIC THINGS.

3.75 likes this.
  9. cubanito1

cubanito1 Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Mine was 12 bucks in Alexandria. Uber discount from $16 bucks.

10. Cariem

Cariem New Member

Mine was 12 bucks in Alexandria. Uber discount from $16
    Can you give me the address to the Alexandria location

11. John Highway

John Highway Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I went to one of the partner'd VA Inspector stations and got my car inspected for the discounted price when I told them I was doing Uber. Didn't need to make an appointment, just drove up, told them that my MD tagged vehicle needed VA inspection. 15 minutes later -- I get the yellow "VA Safety Inspected" sticker stuck to the front of my windshield. 1 week later, after uploading a copy of my VA inspected paper checklist, a yellow TNC sticker arrived in the mail.

12. Cariem

Cariem New Member

Good morning do you know the address or phone number to the location you want to

13. t5contra

t5contra Well-Known Member

I drive a year old car that's registered in Virginia and uber made me redo my inspection because I didn't have a receipt for the old one...... My dealer did it for free.

I have another car that is too old to drive for uber and a local inspection place failed me for not having a battery tie down even though the battery slides into the bracket and is held in place just fine.
    I did some reading on the Virginia state inspection procedures and it wasn't something they are supposed to check anyway.....

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
    3.75 and Nell like this.
  14. Fran B

Fran B New Member

I NEED HELP PLEAsE!

15. John Highway

Driving:
    UberX
  16. Father Fred

Father Fred Active Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    What part are you having trouble with? You go to any va state inspection gas station and pay the fee then scan or take a picture of the document send it to uber and then u are all set

17. Father Fred

Father Fred Active Member

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    I don't see how the man claiming to hook u up could do this, unless he was faking documents for a small fee it's cheap to do the inspections and legitt

HPClays likes this.
  18. John Highway

Driving:
    UberX
    List of Inspection Stations (tell them you're an Uber Partner and you pay nothing!):

Other Partner Stations for Virginia State Police Inspections:

19. murdoch

murdoch Member

Exactly what John posted. If you don't have a Va registered car, these 3 stations should do the Va state inspection for free. If you have a Va registration, you should get a discount. Mine was $14.

I used the Old Town Autocare station. It can get pretty busy. But plenty of DC and Md cars were ahead of me and the guy was explaining to the drivers that the station bills Uber for the out of state cars' inspections. Also, they weren't putting the decal on the windshield like Va cars have. You get a paper, like a checklist, that you upload to Uber.

20. Big U 410

Big U 410 New Member

I need help getting a inspection certificate if you are able to do so. I went to a inspection place today and they said I failed the inspection because of a wiper blade and something with the tire, very minor issues. If u can help out I would appreciate it.

Nell likes this.