1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

USING 2 CELL PHONES AT ONCE

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by TheHunter, Sep 16, 2018.

1. There was a time when I could use one of my deactivated phones through the hotspot from my active phone. For some reason, both Lyft and Uber do not allow us to use another phone. I hate having to go to the other platform to go offline when I get a ping on one.

2. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    I use uber and lyft on my tablet and cell phone, they do not prevent using it on multiple phones. Lyft mirrors on both device, uber just wont let you be online on two devices .

3. No true.
    I do it all the time.

Your problem is something else, not cause by Uber or Lyft.

4. Sorainzo

Sorainzo

Driving:
    UberX
    You still can, just make sure that the apps on both phones are updated to the latest version of the app.

Uber just invalidated the old versions of the app today to where you cannot go online unless you update, which sucks.

5. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I would love to have another unlocked device at home as sometimes I can't get to the ping in time and lose a XL, LUX or SUV trip, do both devices have to travel together?

Also I hate the fact that if I don't have the app up, I can't see where the call is coming from on the app, would another device help?

6. I have Verizon. With my plan I got a free phone and just pay $20 a month for my Lyft phone. They sit side by side on an infiniapps DVD car mount with magnets.

steveK2016 likes this.
  7. I use an iPhone SE with no cellular plan and just hotspot it to my phone, been doing that for a while without issue.

8. Uber_Dubler

Uber_Dubler

Driving:
    UberX
    I actually use a jumbo 10 inch tablet for Uber. Its 30 bucks a month for unlimited data and I use it for other things as well.

I can send and receive texts via the app just as if I was using it like my smart phone.

I can't call customers, but that doesn't really bother me.

I can send texts and when things get hairy, stadium pick-ups etc, I go to the pick-up point and the rider can call me if they want. Calls still go to the cell phone even though I'm using the driver app on the tablet.