1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Use Waze instead of in App navigation

Discussion in 'Melbourne' started by rosella, Aug 12, 2018 at 5:05 AM.

1. rosella

rosella New Member

Drivers can change app setting in Uber and Didi to use Waze (app) for navigation.

I will leave it there for the troll brigade and their insightful trivia.

2. Goatsheep

Goatsheep Well-Known Member

DiDi in-app navigation is not bad at all. Uber, worse than melway. Trying to cut corners literally to the destination. It ask me to drive through six lanes of heavy traffic instead of using the traffic lights.

Golfer and george manousaridis like this.
  3. george manousaridis

george manousaridis Well-Known Member

All apps are rubbish

D-River, Apollo and U8er like this.
  4. Scuberdriver

Scuberdriver Well-Known Member

I stuck a compass to my dashboard :p

5. Golfer

Golfer Well-Known Member

Only trouble with that , is all rideshare would be heading South :(

6. Rushmanyyz

Rushmanyyz Well-Known Member

If I don't know the area well, I use waze to get a sense of traffic and then ask the rider how they feel about the rout.

If they don't know, then I either just use the waze rout or the Uber suggestion - whichever seems to avoid the traffic better.

george manousaridis likes this.
  7. DA08

DA08 Well-Known Member

Ask them how they feel about the route with a fixed pricing lol

I use Waze even when I know the area just because I can find the shortest route to destination

I don't ask them I tell them this is the shortest way you want a different wayadd stop and then we go

8. Seiko Obsession

Seiko Obsession Well-Known Member

Exactly or change location

Lol dude.
    No wonder why.
    Yeah $5 depreciation a day guy.
    Turbocharged car for city driving lol
    Hilarious

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018 at 6:48 PM
    Apollo, george manousaridis and DA08 like this.
  9. Solarman

Solarman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Almost all the time, this morning included. Fools.

We are always routed by Uber.

Apollo, Golfer and eXperiment like this.
  10. Seiko Obsession

Seiko Obsession Well-Known Member

We are not.
    You are the one to make decision.
    Waze.
    Shortest by distance always
    Hit navigation open routes and than make choice from 3 options

11. Solarman

Solarman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You spend too much time obsessing about your watch and missed the point of my post. Look up the meaning of rout. Then comment.

Seiko Obsession likes this.
  12. guerre64

guerre64 Active Member

Be great if Waze actually didn't freeze very time it starts up on my phone - google maps for me!

13. Rushmanyyz

Yeah... I'll trust my experience on this one, thanks. I thought the whole "Don't drive in traffic" thing would cover the fact that I only take good suggestions from riders but, yeah, some mother****ers be dumb.

You keep being a &%$@!* to your riders though, only helps me out to be honest. I hear about what all the other drivers do. Makes me laugh when I pick up a 60 dollar rider after two idiots canceled their rides because they wanted the $10 slide (which I instruct them how to Contest and what to say to get their refund).

14. DA08

DA08 Well-Known Member

Who daid im being an &%$@!* to my riders?? I just tell them the way it is... No one likes working fo4 free .. Once i educate them 99.5% of them understand and add stop very quickly or offer tip. .. Btw my acceptance is 100% and my cancellation is at 1% coz rider didn't show... Your post is irrelevant to my post lol

But ues there are idiots out there... I scored a $52(50min) fare from $15 all because i told him how to report the driver thst cancelled on him coz rider didn't tell him where he was going ..

15. Apollo

Apollo Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Correct word should be rooted.:)

Golfer, Rushmanyyz and U8er like this.
  16. Rushmanyyz

Why do they need to add a stop? You can do it yourself. Run your own show, amigo.

I was gonna correct it but I'm already making enemies in 30 other threads here.

Golfer and Apollo like this.
  17. DA08

DA08 Well-Known Member

B
    If driver changes destination doesn't always work... Plus if pax changes destination or add stops they can never go to uber and say the driver went a different way. .. As only pax can add stops and uber can see whos doing the changes ... I am running my own show . Also they will know next time

Its coz drivers like you pax say " oh the other driver/s didn't ask for this or didn't say anything...

18. Rushmanyyz

No, I just know what the hell I'm doing. I tell the riders to rate you guys like crap though. That much is true.

Oh, it always works by the way. Most of the time, I don't even ask. If a rider asks me to go somewhere it goes into the app. This is for two reasons:

If there is a question I can see the switch and it'll remind me. Also, it makes sure I get paid correctly. Uber has every change there to review. Transparent as can be.

It also gets me a 5. Oh and I get tips - often.

19. DA08

DA08 Well-Known Member

Why coz we make them use the app properly Thsts just stupid ... This is why they have the option to add stops... Last this i want to do is xhange dest 4 times on a trip ...
    We are in different states so couldn't care less what you do... But its dumb

If pax adds stops you still see the change ... Youll get paid the same whether you enter the destination or pax does it ... And uber still has every change to review when pax adds stops...

20. Rushmanyyz

Yep, I'm stupid for not wasting my time explaining something, arguing a useless point, and irritating a rider, when I can just do it myself and let them chill.

Newsflash, mate: we're not colleagues.

The rider is my boss, not Uber. They pay me, therefore I make their lives as easy as possible. I'm busy all night long and have a blast. I can't help it if ya'll are salty about your trips :p