• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

USAA Deductible "Gotcha!"

Authority

All so called "rideshare coverage" policies are not the same. If you're involved in an accident with Uber you'll pay a $1000 deductible and with Lyft it's $2000... even if you have USAA "rideshare coverage". That's a lot of money.

If you have State Farm or Geico rideshare coverage... you'll only pay your normal deductible (typically $500).

Older Chauffeur

All so called "rideshare coverage" policies are not the same. If you're involved in an accident with Uber you'll pay a $1000 deductible and with Lyft it's $2000... even if you have USAA "rideshare coverage". That's a lot of money.

If you have State Farm or Geico rideshare coverage... you'll only pay your normal deductible (typically $500).
I thought Lyft’s deductible was $2500. Did they lower it recently?

IR12

If you have a 500.00 deductible & do ridesharing, read everything twice even syllable by syllable and make sure you're ahead of the game.

I also have 500.0 deductible w/AAA so I know it's possible but never forget to CYA.

Authority

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you have a 500.00 deductible & do ridesharing, read everything twice even syllable by syllable and make sure you're ahead of the game.

I also have 500.0 deductible w/AAA so I know it's possible but never forget to CYA.
I wasn't aware AAA offered rideshare thanks I'll check it out!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Authority Insurance 3
Authority Insurance 17
U London 7