• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

US DRIVERS, ride share & taxi

Beepbeep41

Next time you give an Uber driver a dirty look, think why?

Next time you give a Taxi driver a dirty look, think why?

We are one here in QLD, same licence but different working conditions. Let's work together!

We are the DRIVERS & technology has turned the industry from an owners market to a driver's market. Don't let the Mr Bigs (taxi commission, Uber or the guy that owns 500 taxi plates) manipulate us. Work for what's best for you cause its your market now!

You work for Uber they take %25 and you got to pay your own tax, super & GST but there is so many deduction opportunitys with running your own car, business etc... You work when you want and answer to no one.

You work for TAXI, owner takes %50 and claims all deductions that come with running a car, business etc... Taxi driver takes %50 and claims laundry cause he's got a uniform & sunglasses. Driver has more opportunities to hide cash earnings but who pays with cash these days? Not many. Driver has to pick up car at 4pm or 4am and drop off 12hrs later and answer to owner about earnings...

The industry has changed & another industry is on the way to change. With UberRUSH courier service in San Francisco & Sherpa, Zoom2u & GoFetch trying to already establish itself here in Brisbane. Courier business will also become a drivers market with well needed competition to Star Track Express, Australia Post & Couriers Please. I also have not even included AmazonFLEX... All these work as you want technology/logistic company's have empowered us as workers and taken the Ace's out of the hands of greedy big business, taxi commissions & the Mr 500 taxi plates owners...

The rich get rich, the poor get poorer? Not in our future, not in the industry's noted above.

Long live technology!!!

UberX.illegal?

Next time you give an Uber driver a dirty look, think why?

Next time you give a Taxi driver a dirty look, think why?

We are one here in QLD, same licence but different working conditions. Let's work together!

We are the DRIVERS & technology has turned the industry from an owners market to a driver's market. Don't let the Mr Bigs (taxi commission, Uber or the guy that owns 500 taxi plates) manipulate us. Work for what's best for you cause its your market now!

You work for Uber they take %25 and you got to pay your own tax, super & GST but there is so many deduction opportunitys with running your own car, business etc... You work when you want and answer to no one.

You work for TAXI, owner takes %50 and claims all deductions that come with running a car, business etc... Taxi driver takes %50 and claims laundry cause he's got a uniform & sunglasses. Driver has more opportunities to hide cash earnings but who pays with cash these days? Not many. Driver has to pick up car at 4pm or 4am and drop off 12hrs later and answer to owner about earnings...

The industry has changed & another industry is on the way to change. With UberRUSH courier service in San Francisco & Sherpa, Zoom2u & GoFetch trying to already establish itself here in Brisbane. Courier business will also become a drivers market with well needed competition to Star Track Express, Australia Post & Couriers Please. I also have not even included AmazonFLEX... All these work as you want technology/logistic company's have empowered us as workers and taken the Ace's out of the hands of greedy big business, taxi commissions & the Mr 500 taxi plates owners...

The rich get rich, the poor get poorer? Not in our future, not in the industry's noted above.

Long live technology!!!
Mate seriously you need to educate yourself before making anymore statements that make you look stupid. Nobody owns 500licenses. For real

Beepbeep41

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mate seriously you need to educate yourself before making anymore statements that make you look stupid. Nobody owns 500licenses. For real
Oh yeah, was a few, now only a couple, boo hoo... A few prize shits did quite a number on the general public & took advantage of Indian drivers for a long time.

UberX.illegal?

Oh yeah, was a few, now only a couple, boo hoo... A few prize shits did quite a number on the general public & took advantage of Indian drivers for a long time.
There was never anyone in QLD who owned 500licenses. Not in the last 20years at least. Educate yourself.

Beepbeep41

No comment about Indian drivers Getting the crap worked out of them for next to nothing??

Nawdy

Wow you do hate Taxi's .... ok lets use your calculations

This link may help you realise that Cab drivers earn heaps more than Uber Drivers

https://www.taxifare.com.au/rates/australia/gold-coast/

With that knowledge lets work it out :

Uber Gold Coast pays $1.00 per km and $0.35 per minute
75% then equates too $0.75 per km and $0.26 per minute
You then have to pay GST on the full fare and you have to pay for all the expenses in operating a vehicle for Uber. You know fuel, servicing, rego, insurance etc etc etc

Gold Coast Cab Driver pays $2.17 per km and $0.82 per minute
50% then equates too $1.08 per km and $0.41 per minute
They don't have any expenses

So I gather you didn't really look into it did you???? A simple google and you could research your misinformation.

Looks like to me the Cabbies actually earn more than an Uber Driver with no financial risk.

The only and I mean only benefit that an uber driver has over a taxi driver is flexibility in when you choose to work ... no fixed shift

BTW are you Besties with SUD ??????

Beepbeep41

Wow you do hate Taxi's .... ok lets use your calculations

This link may help you realise that Cab drivers earn heaps more than Uber Drivers

https://www.taxifare.com.au/rates/australia/gold-coast/

With that knowledge lets work it out :

Uber Gold Coast pays $1.00 per km and $0.35 per minute
75% then equates too $0.75 per km and $0.26 per minute
You then have to pay GST on the full fare and you have to pay for all the expenses in operating a vehicle for Uber. You know fuel, servicing, rego, insurance etc etc etc

Gold Coast Cab Driver pays $2.17 per km and $0.82 per minute
50% then equates too $1.08 per km and $0.41 per minute
They don't have any expenses

So I gather you didn't really look into it did you???? A simple google and you could research your misinformation.

Looks like to me the Cabbies actually earn more than an Uber Driver with no financial risk.

The only and I mean only benefit that an uber driver has over a taxi driver is flexibility in when you choose to work ... no fixed shift

BTW are you Besties with SUD ??????
If you take in account all the tax perks of having your own business Uber comes in on top. Then there's the flexibility also. Sorry your incorrect. As far as what the Taxi driver gets and what the owner gets for sitting on his arse doing nothing, now that's got to stop!!

DRIVERS UNITE!!!

UberX.illegal?

If you take in account all the tax perks of having your own business Uber comes in on top. Then there's the flexibility also. Sorry your incorrect. As far as what the Taxi driver gets and what the owner gets for sitting on his arse doing nothing, now that's got to stop!!

DRIVERS UNITE!!!
You are a nut job just like sud. If you were taxi driver who drove on commission only, then that tells me you were either lazy or incompetent to make any good amount of money as a cabbie.

Super Uber Driver

You are a nut job just like sud. If you were taxi driver who drove on commission only, then that tells me you were either lazy or incompetent to make any good amount of money as a cabbie.
My mental state is just fine. I do get a little emotional at times like when my drivers pitch in to buy me a little gift for improving the way they live.

But apart from that i believe that hard work brings its own rewards.

Golfer

My mental state is just fine. I do get a little emotional at times like when my drivers pitch in to buy me a little gift for improving the way they live.

But apart from that i believe that hard work brings its own rewards.
I,m glad you said little gift on the money they must earn , makes it almost believable

I,m glad you said little gift on the money they must earn , makes it almost believable I hope the gifts are not little bags of peanuts

Super Uber Driver

I,m glad you said little gift on the money they must earn , makes it almost believable
Its all about getting the Employer /Employee relationship correct.

My background in farming has helped me achieve this in the ridebooking industry.

You realize some farmers have had the same worker or family member work for them for an entire lifetime. !

Imagine if we could transfer these ideas to the City. Well some of us have.

QLDUberDriver

My background in farming has helped me achieve this in the ridebooking industry.

You realize some farmers have had the same worker or family member work for them for an entire lifetime. !

Imagine if you didn't fabricate having altruistic tendencies, and actually did more than share your theory of selective compassion for those in need of decent living. How do your seasonal workers fit in to the long term "lifetime" for employment, when they are not permitted to work that long unless they become citizens? That would require a sponsor type of arrangement which would require you to pay correct legal wages.

Dictionary lesson for today:
" Us" : used by a speaker to refer to himself or herself and one or more other people as the object of a verb or preposition.

Simply put, you refer to these acts to include yourself but have never acted or intend to act, and will only be "ideas" for you.

Nobody reading in here is convinced of your benevolence. (I know, too many big word lessons today for you).

Ben Hall

so your drivers are employees and not contractors.

Sameshiftdiffday

Took advantage of Indian drivers ??????
What do you know !!... nothing
All drivers earn the same commission regardless of their race, maybe you are getting confused with 7-11, & red rooster.
Drivers earn more the smarter / harder they work - nothing to do with anything else.

500 plates ???? Where do you get this shit from ? There are only about 2200 plates in Brisbane, and I think the most any one person owns would be Neil Ford with about 30. The majority are owned by individuals, but hell don't let the truth get in the way of a good story!