• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Urgent: Check your partner portal page.

DHJ

Several drivers are seeing random documents, driver's licenses, and other confidential scanned images show up on their documents link on the portal page. I found dozens of strangers' documents. There is a huge problem right now. I've contacted Uber support. If you see strangers info on your page, you might want to contact support as well. It looks like the database is just dumping docs into the document page. What a freaking mess. More identity fraud coming.

DHJ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder if this is tied into the new app update today and very bad code? I didn't see any pattern to the id's, just dozens of random scanned docs showing up.

redd38

Just happened to me. I'm seeing all sorts of info. I logged in with a different browser and it happened there as well. It didn't happen the first time I clicked on 'Vehicles' but I clicked on it a few times and eventually it pulled up a bunch of random people's documents.

DHJ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Please take screenshots if you can.

I know the reporter Joseph Cox who wrote about hacked rider accounts.
I thought about doing that, and then decided against it. All of the screenshots would contain scanned images of data perfect for identity fraud. Then downloading and transmitting it to a 3rd party could put me in a very bad situation.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
donurs Los Angeles & Orange County 63
G London 42
T London 13