Upfront prices for trips originating from the airport are higher than they should be

nickd8775

I have noticed that on trips over 20 miles from the airport, Uber takes more than it should. I go the longest reasonable route, sometimes "accidentally" miss an exit. If it's unavoidable then I end the trip a mile early to force Uber to recalculate the fare to actual distance. I'd rather lose a buck than have Uber collect 10 more bucks that it shouldn't.

chitown73

I have noticed that on trips over 20 miles from the airport, Uber takes more than it should. I go the longest reasonable route, sometimes "accidentally" miss an exit. If it's unavoidable then I end the trip a mile early to force Uber to recalculate the fare to actual distance. I'd rather lose a buck than have Uber collect 10 more bucks that it shouldn't.
And just what are you referring to when you say that Uber takes "more than it should"? Is called upfront pricing, and it's pretty much been discussed to death on the forum and everywhere else. What Uber takes from the gate has absolutely nothing to do with what you get paid or what the pax pays.

BSki

Just ask the rider to change the address, then change it back. This throws out the upfront price and gives them a fair price. Driver gets the same time and distance. You just saved your rider some "tip" money. I find this advice works quite well with riders.

nickd8775

Just ask the rider to change the address, then change it back. This throws out the upfront price and gives them a fair price. Driver gets the same time and distance. You just saved your rider some "tip" money. I find this advice works quite well with riders.
Doesn't work anymore. Unless they change it to a mile or more further and you end the trip there.