Upfront fares! 40% cut from Uber!

Cartier

There is a new class lawsuit against Uber coming! Uber is cheating both riders and drivers with upfront fares! That means uber is taking more than 40% of the gross fares. Riders are going for uberpool now because of the fares increase on their sides. Drivers are now the biggest losers!!!What a shame!

roadman

They gonna have to pay us from the time they enacted up front until we accepted the new tos.

New2This

They gonna have to pay us from the time they enacted up front until we accepted the new tos.

I wonder if the new TOS will be found to be unenforceable or whatever the proper legal term is. Basically Uber said 'We've been fornicating you. Now agree to it.' That's hardly negotiation in good faith.

Sunday night I did 3 trips from FedEx. I tried going the long way and costing Uber money but didn't have any luck. If I got 3.5X Uber must have charged them 4.5X. Or Rohit tagged my pings as 'charge the rider extra so this @@@@@@@ doesn't cost us money.'

Jo3030

Can't wait.

New2This

If the rides are there.

This is the key part. Uber's got the lions share of the market. I will grudgingly pay their cut because usually they keep me busy.

If this new fly by night isn't doing any advertising for riders, what's the point?

roadman

If the price is lower for pax word will spread they wont need to advertise. Same thing for driver pay, if it is truly a better deal. Even if rates they pay us are lower, without 20% commission taken out will still be better. Can't wait to tell all my uber pax!

I See no reason there isnt enough room between the upfront and our pay for someone less greedy to slide in there. Uber taking 40% what did they think would happen. Heaven forbid if they misjudged again.

TahoeAl

There is a new class lawsuit against Uber coming! Uber is cheating both riders and drivers with upfront fares! That means uber is taking more than 40% of the gross fares. Riders are going for uberpool now because of the fares increase on their sides. Drivers are now the biggest losers!!!What a shame!
I wish I could keep them at 40% or below
upload_2017-9-6_13-34-12.png

Elmo Burrito

Aside from that which harms the public, its a rat hole when govmunt tells business how to price their services and products. Unless you lean communistic or fascistic of course, then you want big govmunt nanny state picking winners and losers. This always eventually leads to despotism.
I'm all for any business to pay or charge whatever the he'll they want. Keep the camels nose out of the tent. If you don't like, it do sumpin else.

yankdog

Aside from that which harms the public, its a rat hole when govmunt tells business how to price their services and products. Unless you lean communistic or fascistic of course, then you want big govmunt nanny state picking winners and losers. This always eventually leads to despotism.
I'm all for any business to pay or charge whatever the he'll they want. Keep the camels nose out of the tent. If you don't like, it do sumpin else.
Just as an aside has anyone had a problem like this with Camels? I'm going to ask the Kandahar Brothers or Pashto Cowboys at BWI when I'm there next. My suspicion is that it's not as hard as we think to keep that bastard out of the tent

UluValea

I got one better the other day. I think I beat you... Or just took it harder... I'm not quite sure...
Screenshot_20170906-150316.png

pomegranite112

Ariv Rideshare coming to DC
driver's keep 100% commission fare and tips, only have to pay a monthly subscription
Much better concept

They're using two pricing models and formulating a bigger gap then there should be. Picture your boss telling you that you get 75% of all sales but then he creates additional costs on the side that you don't get and he uses 2 pricing models so he ends up taking 45% BUT THE CONTRACT SAID 75%.

Nvm we got elmo to tell us that it's ok to get screwed cause it's not our co and we can leave. Laws are in place for a reason you numb nuts. Co can't do w.e they want cause they operate under another org called the U.S gov. If uber doesn't like the laws then they can go operate in a diff country :smiles: right elmo :smiles: :smiles:

They can leave if they don't like it :smiles:

UberPotomac

First, the " camel " reference WAS NOT COOL.
To the point, lets apply the NOT GOVERMENT across the board and not only when affect you.
In my book , we call it HIPOCRECY!!!!!
You don't mind if a Private Co screw you but if it is the Liberal Gov is EVIL?
At least we determined one thing. YOU LIKE TO GET SCREWED!!!!!!!