1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

(UPDATED)Police: Uber driver accused of sexual assault.911 call Released

Discussion in 'News' started by arto71, Sep 10, 2015.

1. arto71

arto71

Driving:
    UberX
  2. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    "Columbus is the only Ohio city that requires drivers to submit to fingerprinting through the Bureau of Criminal Investigation."

Let me put that another way. The Columbus City Council had the backbone to stand up to Uber and require the drivers to undergo a law enforcement background check.

Now, how many drivers did not undergo the city's check b/c Uber said the permit was needed only to do pickups in <Edit: Columbus?> (not Cleveland.) Been reading too many of Michael's posts. :(

Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
  3. Michael - Cleveland

Michael - Cleveland Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah, well, there goes the credibility of that report.
    There's no way they reached an Uber spokesperson by phone.

4. Realityshark

Realityshark

As Uber continues to cut rates, all the decent drivers have either quit or have cut their driving to a bare minimum. All that is left are uneducated, desperate people who are unable to find work anywhere else. What do you expect for less than $1 per mile?

The majority of new Uber drivers consists of thieves, junkies, sex-offenders and other @@@@@@s who are not capable of getting hired anywhere else. They drive their cars into the ground for less than $1 per mile. The new drivers who are lured into the lying Craigslist Uber ads, quit as soon as they figure out they are being scammed.

This type of story will become more frequent as the experienced drivers either quit or hardly ever drive. This will leave only the desperate bottom feeders of society left as Uber drivers. It's already happening. You only need to understand 5th grade math to see that Uber is a scam for drivers at their current rates.

5. arto71

arto71

Driving:
    UberX
  6. Your words are true! Bottom feeders that can't find a job anywhere else. Uber is only interested in how much cream they can take off the top and they don't give a rat's butt about their drivers need to earn a decent living. One of these days, maybe the Uber drivers will get smart enough to sue Uber for false advertising.

7. Lag Monkey

Lag Monkey

Driving:
    UberX
    I was lured in from a Craigslist ad and it took me a few months but soon enough I realized this job sucked and quit for a better job. This wouldn't really be such a big deal to me, but I felt so mistreated by uber and saw so many injustices with the company that I'm willing to do what I can to spread awareness and educate people on this

TwoFiddyMile and groot like this.
  8. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    all this jabber, and none of yal are talking about the topic

all we here is the women's story, I would like to know how this all went down
    would love to have more details
    but if the driver did this, he definitely needs to go to jail

tohunt4me likes this.
  9. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  10. Baron VonStudley

Baron VonStudley

Driving:
    UberX
    In Columbus there are no finger print background checks. We have a BCI state report from infomration provided on the application form.
    Also the sensationalism of the news reporters are like sweeps weeks teasers. Allegedly really does fit the bill here. driver is cooperating. So when the evidence and facts are presented to a grand jury they will follow up. Meanwhile I could probably produce many stories of bus drivers, taxi drivers, creepy uncles, priests and ministers who all sexually assaulted someone, which according to the "makes you think again about taking a ride with uber" process mean that a female can't go to church ride a bus or taxi or visit family, might as well keep them all inside.

UberNorthStar likes this.
  11. Demon

Demon

That's a fair point. Although some buses and taxis have added cameras to remove any doubts that may arise from a he said/she said scenario.

There will always be people who make bad decisions, I think what is frustrating for some is when we find out people who have a history of making bad decisions are driving for a company.

UberNorthStar likes this.
  12. Bart McCoy

Bart McCoy

Driving:
    UberX
    Any update on this? any word from the drivers side of the story? Was he even a real uber driver?