Updated iPhone App now let's you choose the navigation app (Uber's, Waze or Google Maps)

Waret

Now that the iPhone app allow you to choose your preferred navigation app, have any of you tested to check that it works well?

Homer J

I don't have it availanle on my rented Uber iPhone. Too bad because I HATE the navigation on it. I want something different.

Brady

We had the update for iPhone in Chicago two months ago. The update rolled out for Grand Rapids, MI yesterday. I didn't even know it was there until Uber defaulted to Google Maps when I hit the navigation button about four rides after the update took place. I went into the settings menu, found the new navigation option, and switch the default to Waze for Grand Rapids. Google has better maps and a nicer look. But Waze has much better traffic and construction data resulting in better routing. In Chicago, Waze unfortunately likes to send us down alleys so I use Google Maps there. Both are better in my opinion than Uber's Apple maps.

Nickolas

I got it Yesterday, each time I try to navigate, it defaulted to google maps, I was like, how come no one on here made mention of it? How ever I got pull over for going the wrong way in a one way lane downtown, before i realized , a swam of cops surrounded me....My rider a lady told me" sorry, i think you are in deep shit and Im not ready to wait" I blamed the navigation, . I was going opposite "south"on University avenue on a North bound lane, cops had blocked the cross over to the south lane for construction work and I didnt notice that. GPS just told me to make a left turn, and go south and i stupidly did.

PoorBasterd

I got it Yesterday, each time I try to navigate, it defaulted to google maps, I was like, how come no one on here made mention of it? How ever I got pull over for going the wrong way in a one way lane downtown, before i realized , a swam of cops surrounded me....My rider a lady told me" sorry, i think you are in deep shit and Im not ready to wait" I blamed the navigation, . I was going opposite "south"on University avenue on a North bound lane, cops had blocked the cross over to the south lane for construction work and I didnt notice that. GPS just told me to make a left turn, and go south and i stupidly did.
I'm sitting here wondering how you didn't know you were on the wrong side.

Homer J

Ya, there is absolutely no excuse for it.

We're u drinking with your pax before giving them a ride home??

Nickolas

This is not the kinda place that you see the Arrow, the cops were right infront of me, blocked the cross over which I didnt see. Fortunately despite all, I was excused for making a stupid turn and because they had blocked eyes

drivetillidie

I'm the same as you.
Just wait. It'll come eventually. Someone I know emailed support a few weeks ago about it and they wrote back saying they were working on it, then a couple weeks after it came to our network. Some networks have had this option for over six months. In Hamilton it just came last week.

biozon

Ok, here's how it works (I finally tested it today). iPhone 5

1) When you update the app and go online first, the app gives you the choice between In app (Uber) navigation, Google Maps, Waze or ask every time).
2) I chose Waze (cause it's the awesomest).
3) When accepting a ping, Waze won't start automatically until you hit the "arrow" in the app as you would usually do.
4) Once you hit that arrow, Waze will start and new route will be suggested, where you have the usual Waze option to hit "Go"
5) Every time you go back to the Uber app (and you should to start the ride), you don't need to go back to Waze, you can just tap the "arrow" button again from Uber app and Waze will start again and suggest the route.

Also, you can change the option in preferences in the Uber app.

Finally.

This helps A LOT.

BTW, I had an Uber rider that used Uber for the first time. Really? Are there any people left that didn't ever use Uber? :eek: