Updated 01/30 - UberX PSP Pickups Coming Soon

Beur

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've found some info in the PSP pickup info the the news anchor told me about.

During the March 16 airport commission hearing the commissioners where drafting a TNC ordinance to be presented to the city and if approved an operating permit would be developed. Page 5 number 6 from the top. http://www.palmspringsca.gov/home/showdocument?id=42983

The TNC ordinance appears on the agenda for the April 20th meeting, unfortunately those minutes aren't available to the public yet.

Based on the $3 fee drivers have been seeing on airport drop off rides, I'm betting the the city approved the ordinance and now we're waiting for the operating permit to be developed. Based on the minutes from 3/16 this doesn't appear to be limited to one TNC.

Fuba Duba

I've found some info in the PSP pickup info the the news anchor told me about.

During the March 16 airport commission hearing the commissioners where drafting a TNC ordinance to be presented to the city and if approved an operating permit would be developed. Page 5 number 6 from the top. http://www.palmspringsca.gov/home/showdocument?id=42983

The TNC ordinance appears on the agenda for the April 20th meeting, unfortunately those minutes aren't available to the public yet.

Based on the $3 fee drivers have been seeing on airport drop off rides, I'm betting the the city approved the ordinance and now we're waiting for the operating permit to be developed. Based on the minutes from 3/16 this doesn't appear to be limited to one TNC.
Seeing as Lyft now allows drop offs that should be a very good sign

Beur

Pick ups are coming to PSP and have the full support of the airport commission. Here are the minutes from the April 20th commission meeting.

Staging area may be the old cellphone lot or overflow lot off Kirk Douglas
$3.00 airport fee - which explains the $3.00 fee we were seeing during Stagecoach and Coachella.
Looks like drivers may have to be individually permitted like they do in LA

http://www.palmspringsca.gov/govern.../doing-business-at-psp/airport-administration

Last edited:
Cab company is running new ads saying UBER / Lyft has decided to not pursue the airport pick ups
They can run all the ads they want. Passengers will continue to walk off the airport grounds and that number will only increase over time. Even if both Uber and Lyft went bust tomorrow, another TNC would take their place. BTW, I have a buggy whip that I'd like to sell, too...

Matty760

Its ridiculous with all this crap... really we have to get drug tested and finger printed just to pickup someone from the airport? do they not know that we are already driving people around the airport property and everything is ok? why does it matter if im picking up from airport as opposed to the side of a street. These liberals never make sense a lot of the time.

Matty760

Ya thats exactly what it is. Someone wants to get us tested on our dime for their wallet. I wouldn't be driving if I was drunk or high cuz id get flagged on the app... ridiculous rules now days.

Beur

I personally have zero problem paying for the drug text and fingerprinting.

Suggested to the mayor that they start with a small group of drivers willing to be tested and fingerprinted.

Neither Uber nor Lyft want drug testing because they know they'll lose a ton of drivers. They'll also lose another ton to fingerprint background checks because they know that checkr background isn't as thorough.

I'm all for thinning the herd.

Matty760

Guess you have a point there, it would weed out (no pun intended) a lot of drivers and unsaturate the market for us that are legit! The thing is how does it work if we do this that the app knows who's approved for airport and who is not? I mean im sure a lot of drivers won't do the checks or pay the money so obviously they can't do the airport pickups, but for us that do it then how would we get the requests and not the other drivers. Im sure we would have to put some stupid sticker on our car or some crap. Maybe Uber would create a profile option where like theres the option for X and then X and XL or XL only or Black SUV and then airport PSP... thats my guess

Beur

Guess you have a point there, it would weed out (no pun intended) a lot of drivers and unsaturate the market for us that are legit! The thing is how does it work if we do this that the app knows who's approved for airport and who is not? I mean im sure a lot of drivers won't do the checks or pay the money so obviously they can't do the airport pickups, but for us that do it then how would we get the requests and not the other drivers. Im sure we would have to put some stupid sticker on our car or some crap. Maybe Uber would create a profile option where like theres the option for X and then X and XL or XL only or Black SUV and then airport PSP... thats my guess
I'm sure the technology company can figure it out.

May XPSP and XLPSP profiles

Matty760

I just wonder if Im able to be put down as XL only in PS... hmmm the idea of it is great but then I would probably be a lot busier with X and XL s opposed to just XL... if I do airport then I want only XL rides lol! gotta get paid, and usually airport runs are very decent paying gigs

Beur

I just wonder if Im able to be put down as XL only in PS... hmmm the idea of it is great but then I would probably be a lot busier with X and XL s opposed to just XL... if I do airport then I want only XL rides lol! gotta get paid, and usually airport runs are very decent paying gigs
According to the reps that were out here, Uber is doing away with the "only" profiles. I'm going to office hours again today to see if I can get them to do it. I've had many people state that it said no XL cars available so they ordered X. My acceptance rating has tanked because I ignore all X pings unless they're surging at a decent rate. To equal XL base rates that needs to be 1.7 or higher.

Matty760

I saw the office thingy on the app today, I had no idea there were office hours today... what time they there till? I may go over there too and try to get mine switched over. Let me know ASAP if you can do XL only. Since im independent contractor id like to specify that I only want XL request