Update to map

UnicornOfDeath

Two things , i saw something about showing were shorter wait times will be on the map??? Has anyone tooken a ride like this yet? As well i havent been to SMF in a long time. Every time i check the app it’s never surging anymore. Hows it been?

btone31

Uber sent all California drivers the map update notice earlier stating they won't show us the surges as they are doing a test. We still get paid for multiplier surge, but won't know how much until request comes in with surge symbol shown, accept it, and go to rider info to find out.
Screenshot_20200222-004702.png

UnicornOfDeath

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea i noticed that while ubering today in sac. That all of a sudden it would be 2.0x or even 4.0x. Wich i think is BS. It’s like. They give us more power. But then take some away again

NUBER-LE

Yea i noticed that while ubering today in sac. That all of a sudden it would be 2.0x or even 4.0x. Wich i think is BS. It’s like. They give us more power. But then take some away again
I noticed alot of ants were confused lol. Some even left the area while it was surging. Sucks because we stay for the surge and pax cannot get rides anymore once we dip tf out.

Every time you do a ride just use the stop requests button to stop rides so when you’re done with your current ride you can check the surge pricing on the rider app.

NUBER-LE

I guess the "surge" in the ghetto won't attract drivers anymore.......hahahahahha
Post automatically merged:

Has anybody seen this so called map that lights up with higher demand areas kind of like Lyft I guess?
Mine turns into a light grey, but I check pax app for surges. I have my destination pre input. Of my ride is normally 6 to 8 bucks and it is now 18 to 24, I assume 3.0x is surge.

_justjosh

So I stopped at midnite cause it slowed and then read here the surge visual disappeared mid driving for me. Went to planet fit natomas left 120ish. Headed back downtown, tried to destination back to roseville, wouldn't let me. Through on app anyway got a 6 mile trip surge ended up being 4.1x 10 min trip ended up 25 bucks.

Far enough south to use dest filter. Get a 3.7 surge ping , 38 dollar trip. Kept getting random trips on route home. 1:40-3:15 $90 . Not bad on way home.