UPDATE on Pricing in Miami, LYFT = Uber

Ben To

Competitive Strategy Update

With colleges on break, summer can be a slower season for rides - and we've got all hands on deck to help. We know from testing prices in the past that affordability is the first consideration in getting passengers to take Lyft. With the competition offering lower prices, we need to take action to protect ridership and your long-term earnings.

We'll continue providing you with the best earnings opportunities of any platform, through better pricing, tips, and Power Driver Bonuses.

Cost per mile: $0.85 (Lyft Plus: $1.95)
Cost per minute: $0.13 (Lyft Plus: $0.30)
Base charge: $0.90 (Lyft Plus: $2.00)
Min. Driver Pay: $3.90 (Lyft Plus: $7.50)

Find classic rates at https://www.lyft.com/cities/miami once they're live at 3 PM PTon Monday, July 18.

We are working hard to continue the momentum as the platform people prefer to use. In the last year, driver earnings have increased 13% because of this work and your great service.

ShadyBrady

Got that too. Gotta wonder why a company would make such a big deal over a $.04/mile decrease. Do they really think someone will be thinking "89 cents/mile is too damn high, but 85 is good"?

There is also a horrible ambiguity in the release - "Min. Driver Pay: $3.90" No, that's not the driver's pay at all - it's the minimum rider mileage fare. I wonder if they're going to hear back from the drivers about that?

ShadyBrady

They'll just raise the "Safe Rider Fee", otherwise known as "Uber's massive cut of the fare" to compensate for whatever fare drop they so kindly give the riders.

Ben To

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They'll just raise the "Safe Rider Fee", otherwise known as "Uber's massive cut of the fare" to compensate for whatever fare drop they so kindly give the riders.
I just barely noticed Lyft's "Trust & Service Fee" added to all rides is $1.85

Thanks Lyft, you're totally better than Uber now!

I'm not surprised by this. I'm actually surprised Lyft took so long to match Uber's rate. Now Uber is gonna counter by lowering the rates to $0.60 for UberX, then $0.50, then $0.40, etc., until we all work for free. Isn't this wonderful? Uber on! They're the best. I'm being sarcastic just in case you didn't get it.