UPDATE: Bathrooms In Town

Antonio Knight

Hey guys,

I went back and searched the forum for some spots but there wasn't that many spots people listed mainly because people commenting on those threads had just started Ubering. I work downtown so its easy for me to come in to the building and use the cafeteria and the bathroom but when i am out west like around Fenway area after 10:00 PM I have to hold it for hours.

Aside from star markets do any of you have an updated list of spots where you can use the bathroom??

Hey man I drive downtown a lot.
I'll give you a heads up you probably drive by a thousand times a week if your working down town.
All the apartment buildings on comm ave....well behind those buildings where the tenants have their garages and parking spots ...well at any given day and night there a min 10 plus porto potties all along that back ally (the ally runs along storrow behind the building on commonwealth) that you are driving by constantly and don't pay attention too.
None of them are ever locked usually.
Not the best place to go , but at least your not getting arrested and being out on a sex offender registry for taking a piss.
I pull right up to them all the time and use em like I own them.
I have actually used a couple that look as if no ever even used the things , I think contractors must have to set them up out there by code or something cause there's a lot of them.
The public alleys along beacon and Newbury to but man there some seriously large rats running around there in the night.
I never seen rats like that on the comm ave ally that's why I say that first.
Hey and in general if you really gotta go ...I look for construction sights ...there's always a Porto John and I usually never find them locked no matter where I'm at.

Edit ...yeah the rats on the beacon alley are like cat sized/small dog ...I got nervous one night driving down there that one might hitch a ride on my car.

SailingWithThe Breeze

All Whole Foods have free parking and free public restrooms, plus they have great cafe food if you need to grab some grub.

(Edit: looks like Brian and I posted this at the same time)

Brian G.

All Whole Foods have free parking and free public restrooms, plus they have great cafe food if you need to grab some grub.

(Edit: looks like Brian and I posted this at the same time)

No the whole foods in central sq on prospect st does not have restrooms but has parking. The whole foods at symphony doesn't have free parking. The food is good but your paying $9.50 per pound on the Buffet. I frequently eat at whole foods especially the ink block one.

SailingWithThe Breeze

No the whole foods in central sq on prospect st does not have restrooms but has parking. The whole foods at symphony doesn't have free parking. The food is good but your paying $9.50 per pound on the Buffet. I frequently eat at whole foods especially the ink block one.

Oh wow, I didn’t realize that one didn’t have restrooms. Just jotted down a note so I remember not to stop at that one. Thanks for the correction!

Ghwwe72

I use the Whole Foods in Charlestown if I'm in that area. The Gulf station at the airport. Usually the hotels in Boston are decent about letting you use the bathroom if they know you are an uber driver

SoxFan79

There's two bathrooms over on Drydock Ave. by Boston Design Center. One is a 25-cent pay toilet (a bit of a crapshoot if it's in service, but it has been the last few times I've been there), the other is a normal public toilet inside the parking garage, around the corner from the ground floor elevators.

Tcdriver

Holiday inn on Beacon, almost always parking on Beacon walk in like you're staying there use the lobby bathroom...

I've used the Verb hotel, just told the parking guy out front what was up, said no problem. (Don't ruin it for me next time!)
But theirs also the 24hr Star market at the end of the block.

BU George Sherman union (GSU) doors are open until 1am (24/7 during midterms and finals) and park in a BU lot with hazards on 10-15 min you should be good.

T Anthony's on comm ave open until 2am 7 days a week.

In Allston I've used any number of bars, just walk in use the bathroom and leave.

Domino's on Cambridge St in Allston has 2 porta potties out front, def used them.

Out by BC theirs a pizza joint on Chestnut Hill ave between Comm and Beacon open late. Also a Shell gas station next door for parking or to just skip the pizza joint and use a dark corner of their lot.

24hr Dunkin corner of N. Beacon and Market st in Brighton.

What other neighborhoods?

Last edited:

annstan60

Hey guys,

I went back and searched the forum for some spots but there wasn't that many spots people listed mainly because people commenting on those threads had just started Ubering. I work downtown so its easy for me to come in to the building and use the cafeteria and the bathroom but when i am out west like around Fenway area after 10:00 PM I have to hold it for hours.

Aside from star markets do any of you have an updated list of spots where you can use the bathroom??
THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS - IT'S ONE OF THOSE THINGS THAT MANY OF US WORRY ABOUT DAILY!

Shrimpy

South Station main concourse . Open 24/7 . Also has a food court . I think the CVS on the mezzinene is open 24/7 . Best place to take a break in the early morning hours .

johnnytt

Hey man I drive downtown a lot.
I'll give you a heads up you probably drive by a thousand times a week if your working down town.
All the apartment buildings on comm ave....well behind those buildings where the tenants have their garages and parking spots ...well at any given day and night there a min 10 plus porto potties all along that back ally (the ally runs along storrow behind the building on commonwealth) that you are driving by constantly and don't pay attention too.
None of them are ever locked usually.
Not the best place to go , but at least your not getting arrested and being out on a sex offender registry for taking a piss.
I pull right up to them all the time and use em like I own them.
I have actually used a couple that look as if no ever even used the things , I think contractors must have to set them up out there by code or something cause there's a lot of them.
The public alleys along beacon and Newbury to but man there some seriously large rats running around there in the night.
I never seen rats like that on the comm ave ally that's why I say that first.
Hey and in general if you really gotta go ...I look for construction sights ...there's always a Porto John and I usually never find them locked no matter where I'm at.

Edit ...yeah the rats on the beacon alley are like cat sized/small dog ...I got nervous one night driving down there that one might hitch a ride on my car.
I think he refering to a legit pooping staion?

A large cup from Speedway
Pooping?