Upcoming Changes to Rates in KC= Sucks

Porter93

anybody notice anything weird about the surges this weekend? I think they may have lowered Surge threshold in the areas outside City Center... no way it was actually that busy... i mean, i've driven almost every friday night for the last 2 years, and I've never seen JOCO light up like this at 5:30 on a friday evening. And it seemed to do this all night on friday and saturday nights at super random times. Either they lowered the surge threshold, or all the drivers were just sticking inside city center because of the new rates. I did really well on friday and saturday this weekend and I still spent most of my time outside the city center area
View attachment 426951
I start in the Lenexa area Friday nights around 6:30 and noticed this too last week. Pretty easy to find a fare headed into Downtown

KC_Ride

I'm mainly using Lyft since Uber have changed their rates. This is ridiculous, since they are taking more money out of us. I used get about 18 bucks from driving to download KC - airport, now I am getting about 15 bucks. Uber charged the customer 29.60.

Crosbyandstarsky

Surge rides or nothing.
They’re hardly any surge because everyone is downtown. So that’s out. No bonuses during the week either
Post automatically merged:

Oh I see now. In our area Lyft changed to like $0.44/mile and $0.20/minute or something. I wouldn't know because I only drive for Uber.
Lyft is paying.85 still

Get ready to bend over further. Lyft is doing the same to drivers on March 19th.
No way. Really?

EX_

Lyft is paying.85 still

No way. Really?
Yes way unfortunately. However, keep in mind that Kansas (Lawrence/JOCO) rates are slightly higher compared to KCMO for Lyft drivers—albeit not by much. Either way, brace yourselves for next week.
Screenshot_20200313-134647496_1.jpg

jfinks

What are Uber Lawrence rates now? Uber Lawrence rates were the same as Lyft's, 94.5 per mile. The new Lyft rates are what the Uber rates were in KC so that is better at least but not a lot. What happened is Lyft all the sudden saw a spike in the availability of drivers on their platform so no need to keep the rates higher. Lawrence drivers get the worst part of this as the rides are always very short and you needed that higher rate to make it worth it after the booking fee is taken out.

EX_

These are the standard driver Lyft rates for the Kansas side:

Before 3/19/2020
Screenshot_20200315-212950052_1.jpg

The 'before' screenshot is what I take in per ride and meant to be a loose pay approximation among other Lyft partners.

After 3/19/2020
Screenshot_20200315-213432395.jpg

I'd like to know if updated fare rates are happening across the state line on the Missouri/KCMO side. Feel free to post screenshots for comparison since I can only see the rate card in 'my' designated area.

The only silver lining (if you're optimistic and/or half-glass-full type) is that we aren't yet getting hit with the poverty earning rates seen in Phoenix and Minneapolis/St. Paul from a while back—either way, a polished turd is still a turd.