Upcoming Changes to Rates in KC= Sucks

M1STERSLICK

This is nothing short of a pay cut and absolutely despicable by Uber. Sadly, there will still be 2 hour queues at the Airport I bet..

ten25

It also says at the bottom * Per-minute, per-mile, base fare, minimum trip earnings, cancel fees, wait time, and en-route rates will be changing.

Sounds like this might be 2 pay cuts rolled in to 1.

jfinks

Good luck with that!
On the KS side of Kansas City Lyft pays 95c per mile, and Uber pays 68c. Problem is Lyft usually follows what Uber does so will have to see how this works out. Other problem is just running lyft you have way less rides and a lot longer pickups if you do get a lyft ride.
Post automatically merged:

It also says at the bottom * Per-minute, per-mile, base fare, minimum trip earnings, cancel fees, wait time, and en-route rates will be changing.

Sounds like this might be 2 pay cuts rolled in to 1.
Ya I didn't see that at the bottom. It doesn't mean everything will be cut. What other cities have seen is per mile cuts but raises in per minute pay. Just will have to see more details on everything changing.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
On the KS side of Kansas City Lyft pays 95c per mile, and Uber pays 68c. Problem is Lyft usually follows what Uber does so will have to see how this works out. Other problem is just running lyft you have way less rides and a lot longer pickups if you do get a lyft ride.

Ya I didn't see that at the bottom. It doesn't mean everything will be cut. What other cities have seen is per mile cuts but raises in per minute pay. Just will have to see more details on everything changing.
Oh I see now. In our area Lyft changed to like $0.44/mile and $0.20/minute or something. I wouldn't know because I only drive for Uber.

jfinks

Ug that sucks, our mileage rate is ok compared to .44... I disagree that lowering rates will attract more riders. It is already way lower than any cab company and those that need a ride are already ordering rides when needed. It isn't like "oh it's a dollar cheaper now, I think I'll ride uber".... They would anyway if it was $2 more.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Ug that sucks, our mileage rate is ok compared to .44... I disagree that lowering rates will attract more riders. It is already way lower than any cab company and those that need a ride are already ordering rides when needed. It isn't like "oh it's a dollar cheaper now, I think I'll ride uber".... They would anyway if it was $2 more.
They offset it by paying you to drive to the pick up as well as on the trip. But apparently it's still a net pay cut.

thelungmeister

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
the only benefit i see is, maybe some weekenders will quick and there will be more rides available

NGOwner

Despite what the letter implies, if you think Uber is going to lower what it charges riders based on the per mile reduction imposed on drivers you are deluding yourself.

In reality, Uber will increase rider rates ~5% across the metro. And Uber's mileage cost, on average, will decrease.

They're a public company now. They need to shrink their losses. Pay drivers less/charge riders more is the ONLY way that will happen.

[NG]Owner

jfinks

Ya I posted in another place the other day about this. Increasing ride requests is really BS, it isn't like some one will look for a ride and say "hey it's a dollar cheaper now" and order. These riders would pay $2 more, they are going to order a ride anyway cause it is so much cheaper than any alternatives. Including cabs and the risk of a DUI. The other set are those going to work, they are going to order a ride at any rate. It isn't like "hey it is $1 less now, I think I'll uber instead of driving myself"....

tmart

As a passenger and a driver, however a passenger lately to get to work because my car is in the shop , I've noticed that my ride to work has gone from 10.50 to $11 average down to $9.50 just in the last few days. Johnson county area

jfinks

I think the worst part of this is airport trips, the trips were barely worth it before the change, now it is even worse. A trip from airport to downtown is under $25 to the driver..... I've driven from airport to south of Lee's summit and got I think barely $40, I think it was $38, and that was with a $4 surge.

Digitalflesh

Ride share in general is getting to be a worthless waste of time after the rate change. Took someone downtown from the airport for 15 dollars. It used to be 20. Why on gods earth they would reduce rates out of the airport is beyond me. You wait two hours and most customers are on business travel. There really is no reason to lower rates. I love doing this but might just get a 9-5 again at this point.

the only benefit i see is, maybe some weekenders will quick and there will be more rides available
Then change the rates on weekends not during the week when most rides are commercial.

Exactally. I’m pissed. I’m not taking anymore rides. I’m going with lyft
We all know lyft will just follow Uber on rates instead of brining more drivers over to their platform.

thelungmeister

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
anybody notice anything weird about the surges this weekend? I think they may have lowered Surge threshold in the areas outside City Center... no way it was actually that busy... i mean, i've driven almost every friday night for the last 2 years, and I've never seen JOCO light up like this at 5:30 on a friday evening. And it seemed to do this all night on friday and saturday nights at super random times. Either they lowered the surge threshold, or all the drivers were just sticking inside city center because of the new rates. I did really well on friday and saturday this weekend and I still spent most of my time outside the city center area
surge ss.jpg

jfinks

It could be the effects of the new rates. I don't consider that amount of surge as "lit up". The new rates can have an effect on less drivers south of city center, some might have said f uber only lyft now.... It probably a short term thing as the market on both sides adjust.

Ragesparkx

I’m hoping they change it back I went ahead and stopped using uber outside the zone unless I’m delivering food and believe it or not but uber eats pays better than x for 1 everyone almost always tips 2 eats didn’t face a rate cut in fact when people don’t take orders I’ve picked up a $20 short trip order from McDonald’s before. I think my Uber x days are over but I will start running lyft every morning now. Also good luck getting to the airport from downtown that downtown area is flooded full of x cars hence why it’s surging around downtown because no one is dumb enough to drive for Uber for $0.60 a mile when you can deliver food basically for a better rate

Attachments