Up to x Fares, Guaranteed - Huh?

Jagger51

Sorry if this has been brought up before but I could not find any mention of it.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by confusing wording but I noticed this the last couple of days and wondered what "Up to" meant and how it could be considered a guarantee as it indicates some level of uncertainty.

6/28 9am-3pm Earnings Boost: 1.7x Fares, Guaranteed
6/28 3pm-5pm Earnings Boost: Up to 1.7x Fares, Guaranteed

There is a difference in the details of each promo: "Guarantee amount is before Uber fee is applied". This is listed in the details of the 9am-3pm promo but NOT the 3pm-5pm promo.

Promo1.png Promo2.png Promo3.png

afrojoe824

"UP TO".... meaning during that time, non core (LA COUNTY) rides will have a boost but will be lower boost..

there's really nothing confusing about it. just needs some logical critical thinking

Jagger51

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
"UP TO".... meaning during that time, non core (LA COUNTY) rides will have a boost but will be lower boost..

there's really nothing confusing about it. just needs some logical critical thinking
Well, it makes no mention of core/non core, so that is an assumption. If that is the case what is the "lower boost" that you mention? Again, confusing but the post was meant to point out the difference in the fine print details regarding the Uber fee being applied before/after the earnings boost.

afrojoe824

Well, it makes no mention of core/non core, so that is an assumption. If that is the case what is the "lower boost" that you mention? Again, confusing but the post was meant to point out the difference in the fine print details regarding the Uber fee being applied before/after the earnings boost.
Goodness, it's been like this the past 3 -4 months and it's still confusing.

Check the time of the incentive period and look at the map at that time. You'll see the core - non core price. hence the "UP TO"... it really isn't confusing

Boost is applied before Uber fee - meaning if your incentive is 2x - that is the amount paid BEFORE uber fee is taken out. Either you pay 20 or 25% dpending on your status.

NOT CONFUSING

Jagger51

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Goodness, it's been like this the past 3 -4 months and it's still confusing.

Check the time of the incentive period and look at the map at that time. You'll see the core - non core price. hence the "UP TO"... it really isn't confusing

Boost is applied before Uber fee - meaning if your incentive is 2x - that is the amount paid BEFORE uber fee is taken out. Either you pay 20 or 25% dpending on your status.

NOT CONFUSING
For an upcoming promotion, it's not possible to check the map. That's what I'm talking about here. Up until this week, I always received an e-mail detailing the whole week's incentives for both core and non-core. Clear as day. The map has only been accurate for me within the last week or so. And if you read more carefully, the incentive for the 9am-3pm period applies the incentive BEFORE the Uber fee and the 3pm-5pm period apparently DOES NOT.

Shotime4

you guys need to take it easy on people who are trying to understand what is going on...Uber is not clear on what the details are like they were when they were sending the emails. Plus they overlap the different incentives.... Jagger51 the lower boost is for the non core incentives and is listed on the map towards the top end of LA county during the times when it is in play..the higher boost is always in Core and is listed during the designated core area

GeladaMate

you guys need to take it easy on people who are trying to understand what is going on...Uber is not clear on what the details are like they were when they were sending the emails. Plus they overlap the different incentives.... Jagger51 the lower boost is for the non core incentives and is listed on the map towards the top end of LA county during the times when it is in play..the higher boost is always in Core and is listed during the designated core area
I get paid to drive not to train new drivers.

afrojoe824

the lower boost is for the non core incentives and is listed on the map towards the top end of LA county during the times when it is in play..the higher boost is always in Core and is listed during the designated core area
pretty much what I told him. you said it in a nicer way. he doesn't question you but then questions me. lol