• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Up to 17 inches of snow predicted by Friday night, likely the largest snowfall in years

HUBCAPSRHOT

2-3...8-12.... people will still drive like idiots and there will hopefully be some chance to make money with a surge. ive seen so many motorcycles and summer cars out these past couple days that people will have forgotten how to drive in the snow again.

Hilljacker

Too bad the snow isn't going to fall on Friday night or Saturday night. Surges would be better then but hopefully there will be some during the day on Friday.

dubz

PTUber c'mon you've been around long enough to know that UBER is dousing the surge. 2.0x will have so many new drivers out it's pathetic. To me 3.0 min is what we deserve to drive in some snow and ice. One can only get approximately 20 miles in per hour. That's $50 - $60 tops ...

TwinCitiesDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Really pissed the forecast has been downgraded over and over again today. Now it's like 3 to 5 inches, and not starting until 10 PM. Was really looking forward to it hitting during rush hour this afternoon. I'm going to head out a little later and give it a go anyhow. I have some new ideas to try out for getting Select rides.

PTUber

PTUber c'mon you've been around long enough to know that UBER is dousing the surge. 2.0x will have so many new drivers out it's pathetic. To me 3.0 min is what we deserve to drive in some snow and ice. One can only get approximately 20 miles in per hour. That's $50 - $60 tops ...
I know and agree but the thing I like about snowstorms is quite a few drivers that aren't from around here (PC) and all those with the little hybrids stay home. I have a Jeep so I'm good just have to watch out for others. So even with surges I don't think you get the typical wolves to slaughter mentality.

Twiztidmn

I know and agree but the thing I like about snowstorms is quite a few drivers that aren't from around here (PC) and all those with the little hybrids stay home. I have a Jeep so I'm good just have to watch out for others. So even with surges I don't think you get the typical wolves to slaughter mentality.
What kind of Jeep do you have?

Hilljacker

Really pissed the forecast has been downgraded over and over again today. Now it's like 3 to 5 inches, and not starting until 10 PM. Was really looking forward to it hitting during rush hour this afternoon. I'm going to head out a little later and give it a go anyhow. I have some new ideas to try out for getting Select rides.
You are surprised our esteemed local forecasters got it wrong?

Catfished by the weatherman again. He seduced us with a promise of at least 12 inches but when date night arrives, he shows up with a few inches (And that's being generous!)