UP Social [POLL]

How many of you would be interested in attending a pub night or BBQ with other drivers/forum members

• I'd come

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • No way

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

Uberchampion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
See up has given you the false impression that we are nice to one another when the reality is that the up rules prevents us from sharing our real opinions of one another.
Actually I've met quite a few drivers face to face through this forum. Some I've developed friendships with and some not so much. If you want to share your real opinions you would be welcome to at a face to face event. I've found that keyboard warriors are much more demure when their may be immediate consequences to the opinions they share.

There are about 15 WhatsApp groups alone that I'm aware of that started from people meeting on UP.

There's a lot to be learned by sharing our collective experiences. Maybe if there are enough of us that actually meet we can instigate change to the way things are done.

Should I mark you down as a yes?

Uberchampion

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty sure this is a plot to get me to show up somewhere and be murdered.
Yup.
Post automatically merged:

I can see it being a sausage fest, imma have to pass
I take it you are a one sausage at a time type of guy?
Post automatically merged:

I take it you are a one sausage at a time type of guy?

Kurt Halfyard

Author
If I can get enough LYFT drivers together (~20), I can possibly get my contact at LYFT to partially fund the get-together (And yes, it would just be for drivers, not for LYFT staff.)
I was originally working on getting something of this order togtehr back in March, but various life-stuff got in the way. If there is any interest, DM me, and I can put together a distribution list, and possibly get some budget together (a couple hundred $) for food and drink.

Kurt Halfyard

Author
Seriously: What does gender have to do with Rideshare driver meetup? Were you expecting to use this opportunity as a 'pick-up' for female drivers? 95+% of rideshare drivers are male, it's just the nature of the gig, where the profitable times are often late at night, which deter many female drivers.

dmoney155

Seriously: What does gender have to do with Rideshare driver meetup? Were you expecting to use this opportunity as a 'pick-up' for female drivers? 95+% of rideshare drivers are male, it's just the nature of the gig, where the profitable times are often late at night, which deter many female drivers.
They were looking for a 5 star experience lol... some people have really weird approach to this.