1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Up front price is not always true.

Discussion in 'Pay' started by Lee239, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Lee239

Lee239

I used to ba a driver for Uber.

I had to drop off my car to be repaired and took an Uber home, short trip $7.11

Then when I went to pick it up the driver worked part time for the McDonald's owner where my car was broken down and he remembered me so we started talking.

I had only been to this shop once and thought it was past the next major intersection so where he was turning I told him it was not there and I would show him the way, we drove about an extra mile when I realized I was wrong so we had to drive back an extra mile to get to the shop. Upfront i was charged $7.11 or I forget the amount, but when I look back at the trip I was actually charged $10.78.

If Uber had actually charged the upfront pricing they would have eaten the difference and paid the driver a bigger portion of the $7.11. So they don't lose out, they charge for distance and time driven.

Bro Olomide likes this.