Unusual situation, can we tip or give credit to a pax? do you know first aid?

Ultra

this afternoon, while on a trip, there was an accident in front of us, i had 3 pax, all dressed up for a big night out, one was a nurse, as we were pretty much first on scene, my pax, with my first aid kit i keep in the car, helped the driver out of the vehicle, and rendered first aid until emergency services and paramedics took over.
considering as we were at the accident scene for almost 30 mins, its not really fair that the pax pays extra for the extended time of the trip. would be nice to offer the pax a badge as it were, as 5 stars doesn't really cover it.

the driver was very lucky as he passed out, crossed into oncoming traffic, and into the wall at 70kph. well, he told us he doesnt remember anything leading up to it.

this leads me into another question, how many drivers have first aid certificates? fortunately i have, and my pax was a nurse, so we could stop a lot of bleeding almost immediately after the accident. sadly a lot of bystanders came over, and just watched, and offered no assistance at all. once an off duty police officer turned up, all the bystanders left quite quickly.

Attachments

• Crash Cam Sml.jpg
    Crash Cam Sml.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 52

PerthLocal

this afternoon, while on a trip, there was an accident in front of us, i had 3 pax, all dressed up for a big night out, one was a nurse, as we were pretty much first on scene, my pax, with my first aid kit i keep in the car, helped the driver out of the vehicle, and rendered first aid until emergency services and paramedics took over.
considering as we were at the accident scene for almost 30 mins, its not really fair that the pax pays extra for the extended time of the trip. would be nice to offer the pax a badge as it were, as 5 stars doesn't really cover it.

the driver was very lucky as he passed out, crossed into oncoming traffic, and into the wall at 70kph. well, he told us he doesnt remember anything leading up to it.

this leads me into another question, how many drivers have first aid certificates? fortunately i have, and my pax was a nurse, so we could stop a lot of bleeding almost immediately after the accident. sadly a lot of bystanders came over, and just watched, and offered no assistance at all. once an off duty police officer turned up, all the bystanders left quite quickly.

I do not know first aid, however I have been able to credit pax (at least Uber said they had). Send a support message, I would recommend an amount, or explain the time factor, and they will adjust your fare accordingly. Great work for stopping to help!

uber_driver

great thinking
but my friend had a paramedic as a pax
they were first to arrive at the accident at military road in mosman
the paramadeic went to help untill the emergency service arrived
but it was the paramedic that tipped my friend 20 for the wait