Unscientific Poll

How often did you use all six destination filters per day while driving for Uber?

• Every time I drove

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Rarely

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Never

Votes: 24 64.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Black Excellence

So Uber claims that drivers used the destinations filters -- a lot. So much so that ETAs have increased for riders and drivers (I mean, I guess ...).

It sucks that, without warning, Uber can pull the rug from under us. But I think it sucks even more that Uber can make such claims about ETAs and the like and it, somehow, actually negatively affects drivers in terms of earnings and number of rides we receive.

Like where's the proof or source of that information and claim?

Anyway, I'm putting out a completely unscientific poll just to see how often in this segment of Uber drivers actually have used all six filters or even come close. Cause I mean, someone should have some kinda data for us to actually see, vs some dude at Uber (Aaron Schildkrout) hand-feeding us this (currently) baseless info.

Anyway, cast your vote if you choose.

Mapnik

Uber bargains unilaterally - this also known as "bargaining in bad faith". These kinds of issues could/should be handled through a collective bargaining process. But.... NO!!! that would "destroy ridesharing as we know it!!!" Hide the children!

Black Excellence

stop worrying and drive...you'll be surprised as you will make money while driving.
It's clear the DF helped people make more money the way they chose to and all because of an unfounded (at least currently) claim, we have less ways of doing just that.

Sounds like a good enough reason for people to "worry," don't you think?

So far there's a lot of "Never" votes. I wonder if this changes as more drivers see this post that are on this board regularly ...

Bigbadb91

The better poll would of just been how many times did you use more than 2 dfs a day probably... I did sit in DF a shitload more than I did when I only had 2, and also declined a shitload more too as well

I think I did use up all 6 once though but mainly I’d be around 4dfs a day, 2 in the mornings(sometimes 3) and then 1-2 at night before midnight

I’m currently at 52% accept and 40% cancel lol

Black Excellence

The better poll would of just been how many times did you use more than 2 dfs a day probably... I did sit in DF a shitload more than I did when I only had 2, and also declined a shitload more too as well

I think I did use up all 6 once though but mainly I’d be around 4dfs a day, 2 in the mornings(sometimes 3) and then 1-2 at night before midnight

I’m currently at 52% accept and 40% cancel lol
That's a fair point. I pretty much woke up and made the poll this morning.

It's still garbage they don't provide any proof that all these destination filters are adding more time to ETAs and how that's hurting business.

mkxr

Those idiots in charge can't figure out how to approach an issue like this. It was 2, then 6, now 2 again. How about trying 4? or 5? or even 3? No, they went straight back down to 2.
180 days of change, unless drivers like the change, then they take it away.

mikes424

I really wonder if the 6 DFs are really causing long waits.

1) Schools are open again, so college students who drove over the summer are back at school. Thus fewer drivers.

2) Even though we are not supposed to pick up unaccompanied minors we still get pings for school pickups. Even if you cancel, like we should, it keeps the driver unavailable for a while.

3) At the ORD pit, the numbers in the queue seem to be up. Thus those drivers are not available for other rides while waiting a long time for a ping. Don't know about Midway.

4) With all the road construction, travel times are up, again reducing driver availability since what should be a 15 minute ride can be 30 minutes.

Mad Medic

I used my DF a lot just to keep me from getting a long trip out of my area. I set a time just long enough to keep me in my area about 30 minutes. Then cancel DF, then add DF for home. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat, never counts as being used if you select "Remove" or keep extending it another 15 minutes

tomatopaste

Those idiots in charge can't figure out how to approach an issue like this. It was 2, then 6, now 2 again. How about trying 4? or 5? or even 3? No, they went straight back down to 2.
180 days of change, unless drivers like the change, then they take it away.
There's a simple remedy. Raise the minimum fare. People are mainly using the DF filter cause they don't want to constantly be taking hipsters around the block to Walmart. Further proof the 180 days is total BS.