• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Unprofessional/Promoting Other Business Feedback from Uber Rider

Sebikun20

So I get a text from Uber today that a rider reported that I was unprofessional by promoting a different business, namely Lyft, and that I spoke I'll of my partner company Uber.

I only did 5 rides with Uber the past week. Only one passengers ( he was alone) directly asked me which I liked better in terms of overall care of ICs. Funny thing is that all I said was the following...

"I started doing Lyft and made good money but with the increase in the number of drivers around my area I am not getting a lot of rides non peak hours. Therefore I started doing Uber to fill the gaps for Lyft but same goes for Uber's downtimes. I like the work I do for these companies. I haven't had any issue with pay and partner support is readily available when I need it"

So wtf was that guy a spy? I got all 5in the weekly feedback for Uber! DA fuq. Did what I say come out wrong? I thought I was being neutral about it

Everyone else asked animal related things because I have PCA ( Pet Cancer Awareness) decals on my car windows

So is Uber sending spies to weed out those drivers who speak Ill of their company? Since when does a company who deals with ICs have the right to tell me what I can and cannot say in my car? I have no defined hours or benefits! Dont force words words from me! I was actually pretty enraged about this. I've quit jobs because they wanted me to lie about the health and care of the animals to the owners. For Uber and Lyft I tell people how it is but I sugar coat for those who love the service so I don't get a bad ratifuq but I refuse to lie to people about their pets.

JMBF831

People that take Uber just want you to stfu and drive, sorry to be so blunt. You expecting passengers to be on your side is unreal
Ppl will assume that if you're doing it there must be something in it for you and its not their problem
Welcome to the digital age
You obviously missed her entire point...

It sounds like there WAS a spy testing you, OP. Be careful!

UberLou

I received the same feedback but it was in my weekly summary. I remember the conversation going much like yours. I was asked specifically did I do both and which did I like better. My answer was very neutral. I guess in the future if anyone gets these questions change the subject.

I like Uber because there are many more users and I stay busy. I prefer the Lyft interface a little more over Uber and of course the option to tip. My tips with Lyft almost always equal my fees to Lyft.

UberHammer

Past Sponsor
If you are expected to represent a brand, then you are either an employee of the company that owns the brand or a franchise of the company that owns the brand.

Since drivers are neither, Uber has no right to control what you represent.

Of course, unless you can prove damages from Uber's threats in court, Uber takes zero risk in throwing threats around left and right. As the old saying goes, the bark is a lot worse than the bite.

Oh My

So I get a text from Uber today that a rider reported that I was unprofessional by promoting a different business, namely Lyft, and that I spoke I'll of my partner company Uber.

I only did 5 rides with Uber the past week. Only one passengers ( he was alone) directly asked me which I liked better in terms of overall care of ICs. Funny thing is that all I said was the following...

"I started doing Lyft and made good money but with the increase in the number of drivers around my area I am not getting a lot of rides non peak hours. Therefore I started doing Uber to fill the gaps for Lyft but same goes for Uber's downtimes. I like the work I do for these companies. I haven't had any issue with pay and partner support is readily available when I need it"

So wtf was that guy a spy? I got all 5in the weekly feedback for Uber! DA fuq. Did what I say come out wrong? I thought I was being neutral about it

Everyone else asked animal related things because I have PCA ( Pet Cancer Awareness) decals on my car windows

So is Uber sending spies to weed out those drivers who speak Ill of their company? Since when does a company who deals with ICs have the right to tell me what I can and cannot say in my car? I have no defined hours or benefits! Dont force words words from me! I was actually pretty enraged about this. I've quit jobs because they wanted me to lie about the health and care of the animals to the owners. For Uber and Lyft I tell people how it is but I sugar coat for those who love the service so I don't get a bad ratifuq but I refuse to lie to people about their pets.
I had numerous very obvious Uber and Lyft "spies" in my vehicle. One was so obvious and distracting that I reported her (front seat female rider which is a big red flag). Their questions and odd behavior monitoring my driving skills were like from a flow-chart/script.

Oh My

If you are expected to represent a brand, then you are either an employee of the company that owns the brand or a franchise of the company that owns the brand.

Since drivers are neither, Uber has no right to control what you represent.

Of course, unless you can prove damages from Uber's threats in court, Uber takes zero risk in throwing threats around left and right. As the old saying goes, the bark is a lot worse than the bite.
I told an InstaCart employee that she has no business sending me "warnings" as I am NOT her employee. They can cut me off at anytime and I can take one of their deliveries back to the store (or throw it on the curb) and terminate them on a whim when I'm done with them as well. It's the nature of the "business" now.

UberXTampa

people are idiot.
once I asked a lyft pax if I was OK to go a more straight highway route which was a shortcut compared to the GPS suggested route, the pax disagreed and I drove the GPS route.
Next week I got flagged for Navigation.
I wrote to Lyft support and explained the idiot pax and how they did not want to benefit from a better route I suggested.
support was reasonable and removed the flag.

I have 1000s of rides and I have been in this town almost 15 years. I know my town well. when GPD route is crap, I can tell it. I said all this to Lyft Support. They were nice enough to remove the flag.

Now, go and tell Uber support the same thing! People are idiot and Uber support is not helping when dealing with idiots.

AJUber

they send that shit all the time. I ignore all of it. as long as my rating is above 4.6 all is good. you can't please everyone. just do you, promote you, forget these pax. and Uber stupid copy and paste sayings

pasadenauber

do you have any idea who it was?

itsablackmarket

probably a virgin uber employee that saw you on their computers that thought you were hot in that small pic but in real life he was disappointed so he decided to report you.

BlackWidow911

I get several of those emails!! If a passenger ask me if I drive for Lyft I say yup and they have a tipping option!! Pay is better and they treat their drivers better. I ignore Fubers emails last time I checked I was an independent contractor

Oh My

riders snitch, dont talk bad about anything, in fact dont even let uber riders know what you do
Correct. And this especially applies to Lyft with their stupid little comment section on the app for both riders and drivers. My last month with them I had a blast with every other rider once they got out.

"Woulda got 4 stars but she asked an inappropriate question (where I'm from is none of her business - a real creep!), outfit clashed and she farted twice when getting out".

"He entered the wrong address. One digit off. This is dangerous and could have caused an accident as it's the opposite side of the street".

"Excessive wait time and arrogant.
Said she worked for Lyft. -2 stars for the former and -2 for the latter"

"Just because. No particular reason." ("No particular reason" IS a response option for SideCar riders. Can you F'n believe that?).

"Had a 5* going but messed it up the last block with a dumb question".

"I hate that store she works at. They're rude and not part of the Lyft 'community'".

"Very nice young lady for that area. I almost had a stroke".

"Order barker. The Door Slam".

In fact, don't even talk to the passengers at all other to confirm their name and destination and I preferred the same.

I'll be frank. Being a rideshare driver was very unhealthy for me (and it is in general). My divorced mother was hyper critical too. After Uber, Lyft, SideCar and Yelp I criticize everything and comment on everything. The grocery store clerk digging at her scalp with her fingernail before trying to touch my food items? I took my stuff to another checkout and promptly reported her to the manager. Gave me that nasty grizzly beef instead of the chicken I ordered for take out? Reported him on their website and told them to hire people that comprehend English. They did it twice.

I don't care if you're human or not. There will be no errors. I didn't used to be like this.

A very nice and conscientious former co-worker was mentioned on Yelp for taking a woman's passport photo with her bra strap showing and "being she was a female should have told me". No, the entitled @@@@@ should have looked in the large mirror next to the camera first. That's what it's there for. Or she should probably buy a smaller bra if the strap slips around when she sits down. That's probably the root of the problem - she thinks she's got big chest but doesn't.

Last edited:

Oh My

People that take Uber just want you to stfu and drive, sorry to be so blunt. You expecting passengers to be on your side is unreal
Ppl will assume that if you're doing it there must be something in it for you and its not their problem
Welcome to the digital age
And drivers just want the riders to STFU and play with their phone or look out the window. If your plans change and you decide to go to church rather than Hooters then it's acceptable to request a detour.

RockinEZ

I get this statement about every two weeks on my local feedback.
I think Uber is like a jealous lover.
It just wants to make sure you know that it knows.

I can't believe someone would ask a question of you, then report the results.

I personally know I never mention any business the pax could misconstrue as a personal concern and I still get the little shirt and tie graphic and the Professionalism statement.

Ignore it...