University students ignore coronavirus

IDriveGNV

I've noticed a change in the responses of university students when asked if they are following the coronavirus.

Last week, their responses ranged from entirely ignorant to alarmed when given the data. This week, there is an unmistakable trend toward the following statements.
  • It will only kill old people, so it's okay
  • Bring it on, the world's population is too large anyway
  • It's natures way of culling humans
  • This is because of global warming, hence Trump
  • Death happens, there's no reason to fear it
  • The whole thing is a government conspiracy to sell surgical masks
  • There is no contagion, it's entirely an illusion
  • The seasonal flu kills tens of thousands, so this is insignificant
  • It's going to be contained in China
  • We have so few cases, and they say there is no risk to the US
  • It's only an excuse for more xenophobia.
It seems the students have been enjoying an echo chamber of all reasons not to pay attention to this. That the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic infected one-third of the world's population and killed 20 to 50 million victims is of no concern to them.

Maybe this virus was engineered to kill mostly the ignorant and liberals.

Last edited:

Jon Stoppable

Yesterday gave an XL ride to Pax U, student pax told me coronavirus came from eating armadillo. Good enough for me, I always thought those guys were a little too tough to bother with. Rabbits, raccoons, or possums are better eats.

losiglow

Well, I'm fairly conservative as far as politics go but I'm not alarmed yet. But I'm not nonchalant about it either. I keep up on it on a daily basis. Cautious but not alarmed.

I work with a lot of biologists and chemists, which is also my background. Most of them agree that this will likely go down similar to SARS, H1N1, etc. as a significant outbreak but not exactly the "end of times".

IDriveGNV

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
SARS was defeated by aggressively and successfully quarantining suspected cases. The Wuhan coronavirus is largely spread by persons showing no symptoms. It's a different kind of animal. That's why instead of quarantining and tracking individuals, China has had to resort to locking up entire cities. They obviously don't have a handle on this one. They falsify the number of dead by classifying them as pneumonia, heart attacks, etc. And of course they can only report the number of confirmed cases they had enough test kits for, which are in short supply.

By the time a local confirmed case is announced at a US university, that person has had up to 12 days to walk around infecting people, as they had no clue they were an infectious carrier.

How many individuals does the average university student interact with over 12 days? The preventive measures must be in place 12 days before the first confirmed case shows up. I don't see any evidence that students, or anyone for that matter, are putting containment and preventive measures into practice well enough in advance.

tohunt4me

I've noticed a change in the responses of university students when asked if they are following the coronavirus.

Last week, their responses ranged from entirely ignorant to alarmed when given the data. This week, there is an unmistakable trend toward the following statements.
It seems the students have been enjoying an echo chamber of all reasons not to pay attention to this. That the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic infected one-third of the world's population and killed 20 to 50 million victims is of no concern to them.

Students
Have Not been to enough
FUNERALS YET.

THEY WILL SOON FACE REALITY.
Post automatically merged:

Yesterday gave an XL ride to Pax U, student pax told me coronavirus came from eating armadillo. Good enough for me, I always thought those guys were a little too tough to bother with. Rabbits, raccoons, or possums are better eats.
O
OPOSSUMS ARE NASTY !

Fuzzyelvis

The actual educated guess is 50 to 100 million btw.

I've always been fascinated by the 1918 flu. I've read many (terrifying) books on it. Maybe because my grandmother caught it and had she died I wouldn't be here.

The fatality rate of this coronavirus may be very high. We don't really know yet what the numbers are. We don't know how infectious it is either. The Chinese are being more forthcoming than they were during SARS, but that's not saying much.

FYI it has already killed more than SARS, if the report I saw on the news yesterday is correct.

It wouldn't bother me too much if the world population were decimated. Just so long as I and the people I love are ok.

Mm..."Talkin' WWIII Blues" by Bob Dylan. The short version for those who haven't heard it: He dreams about the end of the world and in his dream he's the only one left alive. Tells his psychiatrist and...

"Well, the doctor interrupted me just about then
Sayin, Hey I've been havin' the same old dreams
But mine was a little different you see
I dreamt that the only person left after the war was me.
I didn't see you around"

College students always think they'll be in that group that survives. I know better.

tohunt4me

The actual educated guess is 50 to 100 million btw.

I've always been fascinated by the 1918 flu. I've read many (terrifying) books on it. Maybe because my grandmother caught it and had she died I wouldn't be here.

The fatality rate of this coronavirus may be very high. We don't really know yet what the numbers are. We don't know how infectious it is either. The Chinese are being more forthcoming than they were during SARS, but that's not saying much.

FYI it has already killed more than SARS, if the report I saw on the news yesterday is correct.

It wouldn't bother me too much if the world population were decimated. Just so long as I and the people I love are ok.

Mm..."Talkin' WWIII Blues" by Bob Dylan. The short version for those who haven't heard it: He dreams about the end of the world and in his dream he's the only one left alive. Tells his psychiatrist and...

"Well, the doctor interrupted me just about then
Sayin, Hey I've been havin' the same old dreams
But mine was a little different you see
I dreamt that the only person left after the war was me.
I didn't see you around"

College students always think they'll be in that group that survives. I know better.
Experience
Is the Best Teacher.

Aerodrifting

SARS was defeated by aggressively and successfully quarantining suspected cases. The Wuhan coronavirus is largely spread by persons showing no symptoms. It's a different kind of animal. That's why instead of quarantining and tracking individuals, China has had to resort to locking up entire cities. They obviously don't have a handle on this one. They falsify the number of dead by classifying them as pneumonia, heart attacks, etc. And of course they can only report the number of confirmed cases they had enough test kits for, which are in short supply.

By the time a local confirmed case is announced at a US university, that person has had up to 12 days to walk around infecting people, as they had no clue they were an infectious carrier.

How many individuals does the average university student interact with over 12 days? The preventive measures must be in place 12 days before the first confirmed case shows up. I don't see any evidence that students, or anyone for that matter, are putting containment and preventive measures into practice well enough in advance.
What exactly did China falsify? Everyday the number of infected increased by thousands, and death number increased by dozens, that is not real enough for you? Reading too much conspiracy theory online or you are just too brainwashed to hate everything when it comes to China? They built a hospital with 1500 beds in 10 days, can US do the same? Had this outbreak took place in US before Xmas or Thanksgiving time I bet half the planet would have been wiped out because the government is completely useless.

tohunt4me

Let’s see 2019: 10k dead from flu. 180k hospitalized. Hmmmmm.
What were the Ratios for flu
In the 1st Two Months of its Origion ?

We Know The Corona Virus is Nearly 1,000 Deaths
50, 000 infections.

1st 2 months.

What exactly did China falsify? Everyday the number of infected increased by thousands, and death number increased by dozens, that is not real enough for you? Reading too much conspiracy theory online or you are just too brainwashed to hate everything when it comes to China? They built a hospital with 1500 beds in 10 days, can US do the same? Had this outbreak took place in US before Xmas or Thanksgiving time I bet half the planet would have been wiped out because the government is completely useless.
These " Hospitals" are merely prison like Quarantine Centers.

Aerodrifting

These " Hospitals" are merely prison like Quarantine Centers.
Are you just pulling that out of your ass or have you actually seen the hospital? What kind of quarantine center is staffed by 1400 medical staff to treat 1500 patients? This looks like a prison to you? You worthless pigs are either too brainwashed or just won't admit China is better because of your fragile ego.

Let me guess what else you know: if you say a bad word about CCP in China they line you up against the wall and shoot you or send you to Tibet to grow trees?

Attachments

tohunt4me

Are you just pulling that out of your ass or have you actually seen the hospital? What kind of quarantine center is staffed by 1400 medical staff to treat 1500 patients? This looks like a prison to you? You worthless pigs are either too brainwashed or just won't admit China is better because of your fragile ego.

Let me guess what else you know: if you say a bad word about CCP in China they line you up against the wall and shoot you or send you to Tibet to grow trees?

12 mos. from CDC. Couldn’t find numbers on those sick w flu but not hospitalized. Much much more for sure.
Key point: way more to worry about w the flu. With or wo shots.
YOUR PICTURE OF " MODERN CHINEESE HOSPITAL"

WITH MODERN
BARS ON THE WINDOWS !!!!!

Look Closely at YOUR PICTURE of
" MODERN CHINEESE HOSPITAL"
WITH MODERN BARS ON THE WINDOWS !!!!

Thank you for Enforcing my Statement !
Screenshot_2020-02-10-15-16-26.png

Attachments

Aerodrifting

So I see a hallway with ventilation and electricity, doors and windows, patients walking freely and talking on cellphones, where are the communist guards with guns that shoot you on sight? Which prison does this resemble?

How is the second picture related to the hospital with 1500 beds that was built in 10 days? It clearly stated it's just a makeshift hospital from venues like stadiums. We already know there are over 50,000 infected mostly in Wuhan, of course they have to convert some places into makeshift hospital for those with light symptoms, what else would you suggest they do? Walking around and infect more? Are you saying quarantine the infected is not the correct thing to do? Had this outbreak taken place in cities like San Francisco or New York do you think local hospitals have 50,000 beds ready?

Your blind hatred and stupidity really annoys me.

tohunt4me

So I see a hallway with ventilation and electricity, doors and windows, patients walking freely and talking on cellphones, where are the communist guards with guns that shoot you on sight? Which prison does this resemble?

How is the second picture related to the hospital with 1500 beds that was built in 10 days? It clearly stated it's just a makeshift hospital from venues like stadiums. We already know there are over 50,000 infected mostly in Wuhan, of course they have to convert some places into makeshift hospital for those with light symptoms, what else would you suggest they do? Walking around and infect more? Are you saying quarantine the infected is not the correct thing to do? Had this outbreak taken place in cities like San Francisco or New York do you think local hospitals have 50,000 beds ready?

Your blind hatred and stupidity really annoys me.
Bars on the Windows.
Communist China.

Attachments