Uninsured UberX Drivers

Blahgard

I understand there's a bounty and that insurance companies will pay for documentation on those uberx drivers who cheat their insurance companies.

Blahgard

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could you elaborate a bit? This post is confusing.
At least 80% of UberX drivers don't have proper insurance on their vehicles, moreover, they're driving without informing their insurance company, which will cancel them when they find out.

I'm wondering if there's a bounty being paid by insurance companies interested in protecting their insured from this kind of fraudulent activity.

crazy916

It looked like a statement originally. I am not sure about the bounty, but as long as you are covered why would it matter.

Like Fishchris, I have ride share insurance so it doesn't matter much to me.

Blahgard

It looked like a statement originally. I am not sure about the bounty, but as long as you are covered why would it matter.

Like Fishchris, I have ride share insurance so it doesn't matter much to me.
Your insurance may not cover you to drive an electronic duck cab.

crazy916

Ride share insurance in California is coverage during period 1. Period 0 while not logged in is covered by personal insurance and period 2 and 3 are covered by Uber. My insurance knows I drive for Uber.

Blahgard

Ride share insurance in California is coverage during period 1. Period 0 while not logged in is covered by personal insurance and period 2 and 3 are covered by Uber. My insurance knows I drive for Uber.
Then you're in the minority.

Oscar Levant

At least 80% of UberX drivers don't have proper insurance on their vehicles, moreover, they're driving without informing their insurance company, which will cancel them when they find out.

I'm wondering if there's a bounty being paid by insurance companies interested in protecting their insured from this kind of fraudulent activity.
It might not be fraudulent it might be just ignorance

Shangsta

Huh ???

So now your saying, your one of the guys out to get Uber drivers busted for insurance fraud ???

That sucks ! Or is this just like an "English as a seond language" issue here ???
Do not take his post seriously. He post this every few weeks and the mods kill the thread.

Yes rideshare insurance is a good idea but if a rider chooses not to get it that is there problem. If you really go around trying to snitch on other drivers you are pathetic.

Fishchris

Do not take his post seriously. He post this every few weeks and the mods kill the thread.

Yes rideshare insurance is a good idea but if a rider chooses not to get it that is there problem. If you really go around trying to snitch on other drivers you are pathetic.
Okay :smiles:

Exactly !

Blahgard

If you get in an accident and seriously injure someone, and your insurance company denies you coverage, who's going to pay for it. Not you.

Blahgard

Considering that most responsible commercial drivers have proper insurance, it's pretty self-serving that a lot of UberX drivers do not.

Shangsta

If you get in an accident and seriously injure someone, and your insurance company denies you coverage, who's going to pay for it. Not you.
This would only be for the window of time when uber drivers are without pax and when that happens most lie that they were not doing rideshare at the time (which is not something anyone can prove).

So again, what are you trying to do? Seem cool? How would you know who has rideshare and who does not? Lol at you thinking you can enforce this.

Fishchris

Everyone will say the same thing until their vehicle gets totaled by some uninsured illegal drunk.
Not everyone. Im one of the guys that actually does have rideshsre insurance. But i still think its lame that somebody would be out there wasting there time trying to get Uber drivers who were not totally / correctly covered, busted... Especially for profit.

SEAL Team 5

Not everyone. Im one of the guys that actually does have rideshsre insurance. But i still think its lame that somebody would be out there wasting there time trying to get Uber drivers who were not totally / correctly covered, busted... Especially for profit.
The people who commercially drive without proper insurance cause companies like mine to pay higher premiums. In 2016 the average commercial policy in AZ rose nearly 25%. When you have 16 vehicles the cost is pretty substantial. The same thing is happening with "The Affordable Health Care Act". Some health care plans have risen over 50%.