Unfair rcvd two 1 star rating on single trip please give advice

Kevin3981

Hello, I just started ubering last week. I have 30. Five star ratings I was on my way to getting premium SUV rides. I'm still a little unfamiliar with the setup.
So I pick up the customer and within two minutes. I'm looking at the navigation and I accidentally end the ride. She gets upset. She calls up Uber and starts another ride. I accept it and Continue to take her to her. destination. I apologized. I heard her complaining on the phone with Uber. They refunded her for the 1st 5 minutes of the trip. When you using Uber navigation I notice if u touch the screen the wrong way It's possible to accidentally end the trip. I already have five stars on the two trips.

Tonight I noticed my rating dropped to 4.6. And I know have two 1 star ratings. She was very upset and slam the door. So I'm positive. This was the customer that left the negative feedback. I called up Uber and ask them to at least just let her leave one negative feedback. I got hit with a double whammy. Why can a customer negatively impact your rating For an accident that was an honest mistake and uber doesn't care at all they just say to get more trips..

This killed my average and now I cant accept premium calls

Ouuch

Mtbsrfun

welcome to Uber

here at Uber people we recommend you get another full time job and never depend on Uber for money or employment. What ever you do definitely don’t buy a car for Uber unless you can pay the note some other way like selling your body or setting up an organic smoothie bar.

Kevin3981

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, I do have another job. I'm just doing this part-time, but it's still very aggravating.

Kevin3981

I also left her two five-star ratings on both trips and I get out and noticed they made a mess in my car. And of course Uber doesn't let you change the rating on a passenger. But a lot of Passenger to change the rating on a driver for up to a year I've read online.

TemptingFate

Look at it this way: if you're so clumsy that you end rides mid-trip, maybe you're not qualified to drive a premium service. If you keep it up, maybe you'll be deactivated from UberX. On the other hand, if you provide good service, your 5* ratings will stack up and you'll be able to rake in those extra pennies.

Mtbsrfun

Yes, I do have another job. I'm just doing this part-time, but it's still very aggravating.
If you get aggravated by this you will eventually snap, just quit now. Many people are like you, just read the news.
Whatever you do don’t start ASSAULTING RIDERS
ALSO GET SOME PERSONAL PROTECTION

1581171010601.jpeg

Kevin3981

Guess it was a little clumsy uber navigation seems to not take the best route to a destination. It had me going in a circle at first. I started using Google navigation it seems to take better more direct routes

Kevin3981

It's like you're at the mercy of the customer. Someone request an Uber X then they Pile in five or six people because they see you have an SUV. Then Uber adjust the ride to the xl rate after u end the call asking for a fare adjustment and you have to worry about pax getting upset n leaving u a low rating?

DriveLV

It's like you're at the mercy of the customer. Someone request an Uber X then they Pile in five or six people because they see you have an SUV. Then Uber adjust the ride to the xl rate after u end the call asking for a fare adjustment and you have to worry about pax getting upset n leaving u a low rating?
You seem to have a thin skin and are giving a lot more power to pax ratings than you should. If you want to survive driving for Uber, you need to do a lot of reading on here before you go out and drive again. There's a lot you can learn by reading threads on here.

For example - did you know you can decline or cancel a ride? If you're worried about ratings (which you generally shouldn't need to be if you're a decent driver and brush your teeth), you should have cancelled the X ride with more than 4 pax before you even unlocked the doors (and collected your cancellation fee). The pax were trying to take advantage of you from the beginning - no good was going to come from trying to accommodate them.

If you get a funny feeling about a ride, don't take it. Your gut is probably right.
If a ride doesn't happen, then it can't be rated.

#professoruber

A newbie doing premium rides. Yeah, this will be a quick deactivation. The reasoning for this is the driver has zero accountability with his excuse that it’s the app. I know Uber does a great job with its app and has controls in place to ensure rides are not ended unintentionally. I am pretty sure the ant has that adrenaline flowing and is not thinking when tapping and swiping on the app.

Your best bet is to drive bar close or high volume areas on the lower platforms and figure out the apo and how you will manage rides. This will provide two things that you need which is experience with the app and volume to being in mode ratings to offset your shitty rating.

father of unicorns

So, you posted this story twice?

Another Uber Driver

If you think that this is bad, wait until a customer downrates you for something that is not your fault, such as a street closure due to a fire or the GPS suddenly decides to fail. You apologise profusely; the customer assures you that she understands that it is not your fault then downrates you and leaves nasty negative feedback on top of it.

Do not get too worked up about it. Learn from your rookie mistake, run more jobs. Get back to Premium status.