• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Unfair ratings!

raisedoncereal

I guess it's standard procedure and well-known that picking up from the hood is a bad idea, for various reasons. Well, there are some hood rats that live outside the hood.

Today I got a pickup request from a "Cookie" in the suburbs and although it crossed my mind for a second canceling this ride, I thought Id give it a chance. Sure enough, upon reaching the pickup, there is an obese woman with a du-rag taking her sweet time to finish her cigarette, making zero effort to speed it up. She then goes inside the house, full well knowing that I am waiting for her in the driveway, and takes her time bringing out another obese passenger. Nothing against obese people, but you know, it can sometimes be a boat like ride, especially with a cheap rental car suspension.

So we're on the way, and I stay quiet for the most part, maybe some small talk about the weather halfway through the trip, and all seems well. We get to the destination, and she mentions that the house is behind a gold van. The van is parking along the street curb, in the direction of the destination, between two houses. Since she said "behind", I took it to mean the house that is at the rear end of the van. I start to pull into the driveway of the house before the van, and she mumbles a sound of disapproval, "uhhhh, oooooo-kay, I said behind....", I apologise and say something to the effect of "oh, I thought you meant behind as in..." She instantly snaps back "yeeeayuh I said BEHIND". This is where I realized she meant "past" the van, meaning the house in front of, towards the front end of the van.

I pull into the correct driveway, and she leaves annoyed, huffing and puffing, and leaves a 3*.

What a bunch of BS

MiamiKid

I guess it's standard procedure and well-known that picking up from the hood is a bad idea, for various reasons. Well, there are some hood rats that live outside the hood.

Today I got a pickup request from a "Cookie" in the suburbs and although it crossed my mind for a second canceling this ride, I thought Id give it a chance. Sure enough, upon reaching the pickup, there is an obese woman with a du-rag taking her sweet time to finish her cigarette, making zero effort to speed it up. She then goes inside the house, full well knowing that I am waiting for her in the driveway, and takes her time bringing out another obese passenger. Nothing against obese people, but you know, it can sometimes be a boat like ride, especially with a cheap rental car suspension.

So we're on the way, and I stay quiet for the most part, maybe some small talk about the weather halfway through the trip, and all seems well. We get to the destination, and she mentions that the house is behind a gold van. The van is parking along the street curb, in the direction of the destination, between two houses. Since she said "behind", I took it to mean the house that is at the rear end of the van. I start to pull into the driveway of the house before the van, and she mumbles a sound of disapproval, "uhhhh, oooooo-kay, I said behind....", I apologise and say something to the effect of "oh, I thought you meant behind as in..." She instantly snaps back "yeeeayuh I said BEHIND". This is where I realized she meant "past" the van, meaning the house in front of, towards the front end of the van.

I pull into the correct driveway, and she leaves annoyed, huffing and puffing, and leaves a 3*.

What a bunch of BS
We all go through these situations; however, you're getting the right mindset here.

Have stopped worrying about ratings of any kind. Will now cancel, immediately, for any reason my instinct tells me.

And yes, that includes race, a name, appearance, attitude, location or just about anything whatsoever.

This strategy will, adversely, affect cancellation/acceptance rates; but, will eliminate many lower star ratings. Will give you a much better piece of mind as well.

You've got the right idea though. Don't like pax's name? Cancel ASAP!

highsky

It's definitely unfair, in the past drivers were able to change their rating for riders but Uber took that away and claimed that neither riders nor drivers can change their rating once submitted, but it's a lie since riders can still change their rating.

laser1

Yes regarding this "ratings" its completely subjective and left up to whatever the PAX is desiring to do. I have had wonderful exchanges with people I felt a connection to and yet discovered astonishingly that they have chosen to subject me to a very low rating of a 1 or a 2 ..... Do you know what? I simple give up with this ratings kiss psychological warfare bullshit set up by uber... I drive very seldom but when I do I certainly will just drive and not say a word, as I have tried to be extremely nice and caring in the past and gets you know where.. To be honest we are dealing with a percentage of @@@@ing assholes that might just feel the desire to be mean and get off over it.... @@@@ it all, tired of this horse shit!

welikecamping

Here is a perfect example why ratings are unfair - for the passenger. I picked up a woman this morning heading to the airport. She wanted me to stop and pick up her friend first. No problem, she added the stop. Next, the stop appeared as the destination. I suggested she try adding another stop for the airport, and she did and said it worked fine. It didn't update on my side, but I assured her she would be getting to the airport no matter what the app said. After picking up her friend, we headed to the airport, for me, the app kept recalculating the route to get me back to the first stop, it never updated with the airport destination. Both ladies were very nice and let me eavesdrop on their conversation about making a manicure appt. It was pretty funny. Anyway, we arrived at the airport, I dropped them at the door with their bags and everything was cool. Except there was no tip. My policy on tipping is essentially, if I open my trunk, there better be a tip involved.

With Lyft, I can wait a few hours to see if a tip gets added into the ride. If not, I can rate later. Not so with Uber. I am forced to make an immediate rating and if there is no tip, then my policy is to rate 1*. (I only do 1's or 5's) This was the first time this pax had used Uber, so she had a 5* rating. She did not tip, so following my policy, she got a 1*. A couple of hours later, a tip shows up. Now, with Lyft, I could go in and change my rating, not so with Uber.

So, the poor woman receives a 1* and is probably wondering what went wrong, she left a nice tip, it was a great ride, why the 1*? For me, I feel bad because I did get a nice tip and that is the only reason I downrated her. Unfortunately, I cannot change that, so it is what it is.

Uber should fix that ish, because it's not good for anyone when this happens.

peteyvavs

I’m just checking the Uber app and I saw that riders can change the ratings for the driver, honestly I didn’t know this.. Uber make us fools that they can’t change any ratings. I think it’s unfair for all the drivers.
Just don’t give a crappola about unfair ratings, you’re always going to get an ass hole no matter where you work.

The Gift of Fish

What a bunch of BS
Well, now you know. Ignore all pings from account names that are:

1) Food products
2) Drug references
3) Sexual references
4) Gibberish / made up names
5) Ghetto
6) Numbers

For example, pax HotSugaMama69 would violate rules 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 and would therefore fall under "do not pick up under any circumstances".

"Cookie" violates 1, 4 and 5 and should be automatically disqualified from receiving a ride.

Last edited:

Chorch

For instance, how high of a rating for bonus/incentives
😂😂😂😂 “incentives”. Uber would never do that. The only incentive is getting the “pro” level, which you get after sucking uber’s balls.
Post automatically merged:

Here is a perfect example why ratings are unfair - for the passenger. I picked up a woman this morning heading to the airport. She wanted me to stop and pick up her friend first. No problem, she added the stop. Next, the stop appeared as the destination. I suggested she try adding another stop for the airport, and she did and said it worked fine. It didn't update on my side, but I assured her she would be getting to the airport no matter what the app said. After picking up her friend, we headed to the airport, for me, the app kept recalculating the route to get me back to the first stop, it never updated with the airport destination. Both ladies were very nice and let me eavesdrop on their conversation about making a manicure appt. It was pretty funny. Anyway, we arrived at the airport, I dropped them at the door with their bags and everything was cool. Except there was no tip. My policy on tipping is essentially, if I open my trunk, there better be a tip involved.

With Lyft, I can wait a few hours to see if a tip gets added into the ride. If not, I can rate later. Not so with Uber. I am forced to make an immediate rating and if there is no tip, then my policy is to rate 1*. (I only do 1's or 5's) This was the first time this pax had used Uber, so she had a 5* rating. She did not tip, so following my policy, she got a 1*. A couple of hours later, a tip shows up. Now, with Lyft, I could go in and change my rating, not so with Uber.

So, the poor woman receives a 1* and is probably wondering what went wrong, she left a nice tip, it was a great ride, why the 1*? For me, I feel bad because I did get a nice tip and that is the only reason I downrated her. Unfortunately, I cannot change that, so it is what it is.

Uber should fix that ish, because it's not good for anyone when this happens.
The first thing you should do is change your ratings policy. Only 5s or 1s? Based on tip?

Last edited:

Chorch

Because you are paid to transport people.
The rider’s job is to sit down and behave. The driver’s job is to drive.

If the rider did it’s job, why does s/he get a low rating? Tipping is optional.

I’m not trying to change your ways over a forum conversation, though. You be you. But remember that life is a boomerang. Karma exists.

peteyvavs

What a bunch of BS
Always go with your first instinct.

lyft_rat

Rideshare has eviolved as a tipless culture for reasons that you can read about on this forum. This will not easily change. Its like tipping at a self-service restaurant. It ain't ever going to reach 15% but it is not zero. I been averaging about 10% because 90% don't tip, a few percent throw me a dollar or two, and once in a while I get a very generous tip. Often when least expected. Factor no tips into your earnings and live with it. I rate everyone 5*. Bad pax from a certain "complex", I put it on my do not go there anymore list. I never really had an evil pax. Annoying sure-- to the point I wish I hadn't taken the ride-- but not evil. This does not count shuffles.

raisedoncereal

I dunno when I was on Lyft I consistently got 25% ("bad" day) to 33%+ tippers.

Now on Uber, I'd feel lucky to sustain 10% day in day out.
Post automatically merged:

As in, frequency, not amount/value